View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 07:05 PM
bczrx
N00b

bczrx is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 RELEASE (Official Discussion Thread)

[QUOTE=Brett In SoCal;1646632]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpi408 View Post
Anybody having problem with their TP2 constantly freezing after installing this rom ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpi408 View Post

My TP2 is locking up anytime I make any change to my phone, but it is especially troublesome when syncing with outlook 2007 using Windows Mobile Device Center on a win7/64 computer. The initial sync went fine but my TP2 will lockup after I making any change to my contacts and attempt to re-sync. My TP2 also locks up when just adding contacts to the peoples tab. The only things I have installed are HTC_Taskmanager.cab, HTC Wi-Fi Sharing with the ICS and WModem Fix.cab and CMH ToggleBT.cab. I have re-downloaded and reinstalled this rom 4 times now, hard and soft resetting after each installation.

update: Still freezing/locking-up during sync and when editing contacts on the phone when running HTC sense2.5. When I turnoff HTC sense and run titanium (windows default) I am able to sync and edit contacts on the phone just fine without locking-up. Under sense 2.5 as soon as I plug-in my usb cable to charge or sync, wham my phone locks-up.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am with YOU Brother!

When I first loaded this update I was blown away… great look, great functionality…
That was… until I synced with my Exchange server (Outlook 2007) and tried to add contacts to my “People” tab. Killed me dead. Pretty much any interaction with my Contacts file (i.e. “search all contacts”) seems to lead to a freeze.

Again, as with lpi 408, I too found that turning the Sense 2.5 off basically fixes it… but that defeats the purpose as 6.5 by itself is near useless! Can’t speak for lpi, but I have about 3,100 contacts but not too many emails or Calendar events. This volume of data does not seem to cause any such problems with the Sense UI disabled.

Anyone have a thought? I’m otherwise gunna have to go back to 6.1 and that would be a drag. Thanks to all!

I have a work-around that works FOR ME, but may not meet your needs.

I am synching my email ONLY with the Exchange Server at work [2003 I think]. I am synching contacts/calendar with my personal Outlook profiles on my computers by USB.

When I am logged into my OWA email on my computer, I can set the options to search first from my personal contacts, or the Global Access List. Since my personal contacts were on my personal computer anyway, I set it to the Global Access List, and the following worked for me.

tap the 'make call/phone' softkey to access dialing pad, then click/select:

Menu
Company Directory
type part/all of name you are after
click search
Select person
Scroll between "Call Work" or "Send E-Mail"
[if send email is selected, it prompts you to choose your email account and then loads it in the 'to:' section

If you INSIST on starting this in the email section, then:

Open Email section and CLICK the following

Select Outlook Exchange inbox
Menu
New
menu
add recipient
<Company Directory>
Type in all/part of the name you wish to find
Click Search
Scroll to the right person and click them
Their address is now in your 'to' address.

So, now I have a smaller contact list on my phone of people I wish to talk to and can reach the people I need to when I want to. And I do not have 3000 addresses clogging the system resources. I only have around 220 personal contacts instead.

HOWEVER, I do not call more than 10 colleagues at work on a regular [more than once a month] basis, and those 10 are in my personal computer contact lists.
This post has been thanked 1 times.