PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 02:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

Jackrm9 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 RELEASE (Official Discussion Thread)

Is it possible to make sprint rom into a rhodimg file to boot from sd card? like all the custom roms can be done.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrm9 View Post
Is it possible to make sprint rom into a rhodimg file to boot from sd card? like all the custom roms can be done.
yup just like any other NBH file, just extract the exe file the sprint ROM came in (7zip or WinRAR can do it just fine)

find the RUU_Signed.nbh file and rename it Rhodimg.nbh and put to SD card

done

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

fatmac1982 is a n00b

I just downloaded the new SPRINT wm 6.5 ROM and I love it except for one thing.........My battery doesnt last a whole day!! Does anyone have a fix or a cab file that I can download to overcome this issue??

Thanks
FATMAC
Old 03-22-2010, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

JackG058 is becoming a great contributor

First, I love the rom overall. It is way better than the original stock rom, and for me, the best stock rom I've seen Sprint release on any of the phones I've had, which are quite a few (I'm a phone junkie and change every year thanks to the Premier status option).

I do have one question: I missed an alarm yesterday afternoon, and fortunately I was already awake, just dozing in my recliner. I've noticed when the screen is turned off with the top button, when you wake it back up with the same button the clock suddenly starts to catch up to the actual current time. Currently I have the clock cab fix installed but with it the alarm never sounded. Any one else use the alarm? It reminds me of the HTC Mogul and the complaints early on with it and missing alarms.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

BROOKNAM is becoming a great contributor

been using this rom for 2 days now & i must say i like it! max-manila works perfect with it, & its better than the custom roms i used because i dont have 2 combine a bunch of cabs & reg edits 2 make it sprint specific. the topaz notification cab that i used on 6.1 also works on this rom which is a major plus 4 me.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

fatmac1982 is a n00b

does anyone out there have a cab file where a user can download a RESET BUTTON APP onto your phone instead of having to take off the back cover all the time to perform a soft reset?

Thanks
FATMAC
Old 03-22-2010, 03:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

jcable2 is keeping up the good workjcable2 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh434 View Post
Q_Q, that's the original ICS cab that I used. I had it stored on my SD Card, and just re-installed it after flashing the new 6.5 ROM onto the phone. It does not work now. There are so many cabs out, and then's there's the reg edit technique. Which cab includes the reg edit? Like I said, on the 6.1 I just installed Mighty Mike's ICS cab (not reg edits) and had no problem at all.

For anyone's who flashed to the new stock Sprint Stock 6.5 ROM and "can tether", what were the absolute steps in order that you did to enable stealth tethering again? I know that by mixing the cabs and the reg edits trying to get this to work is probably part of my problem. I'm going to re-flash the Sprint Stock 6.5 ROM (for a clean start), so I need to know exactly what steps to take. Thanks.
all i did was install the ICS_and_WModem_Fix and restarted than when i connect to the pc i choose the storage option, not internet sharing or active sync options. Next i open start menu and go to internet sharing and open the program. Than choose sprint instead of phone as a modem and than hit connect. i also use this cab HTC Wi-Fi Sharing for sharing over wifi i have attached both cabs i use. i hope this helps you
Attached Files
File Type: cab ICS_and_WModem_Fix.cab (84.8 KB, 55 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab HTC Wi-Fi Sharing.cab (169.9 KB, 64 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-22-2010, 03:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

techsavvy68 is keeping up the good worktechsavvy68 is keeping up the good worktechsavvy68 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to techsavvy68

Try this, I've used it on both stock roms and custom and have had no problems with it.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Slide2ShutdownSetup_v1.1.CAB (754.4 KB, 21 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-22-2010, 03:30 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmac1982 View Post
does anyone out there have a cab file where a user can download a RESET BUTTON APP onto your phone instead of having to take off the back cover all the time to perform a soft reset?

Thanks
FATMAC
I use quickmenu (as a taskmgr too), but I did drill a small hole in my cover for this reason too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh434 View Post
Installed the Sprint Stock 6.5 ROM (upgrading from Stock 6.1 ROM) and I have 2 issues. (1) I was able to USB tether via ICS and WModem Fix cab and wifi tether via HTC WifiSharing cab before (no registry edits) with no problem. After installing the update, I cannot tether with either. I don't want to use PdaNet because I've read it is not as consistent as the cabs. I live in a rural area where broadband is almost non-existent and was excited that the cab worked on 6.1. The ICS cab downloads and creates a Sprint option, but the PC will not connect to the network. After clicking connect, the status changes to "check usb cable" and just stays there. Nothing is wrong with the cable, because Active Sync works fine. I installed Mr. X Tethering Tracking Hotfix cab, and it didn't help. I installed Calkulin's Tethering Hotfix cab, and it didn't work either. I even downloaded Merlin (Marlin) registry editor & attempted my first registry edit following Boo Boo's instructions, and that didn't work. Someone please tell me what the problem could be. And, no, I don't get the 67 error. I have an active data connection, but the tethering just won't work. Should I reflash the 6.5 ROM to clear the cabs and registry edits (remove programs doesn't remove some of these cabs)?

(2) Problem on 6.1 and now 6.5. Seems I have a ghost text message. My Inbox folder path is showing 1 unread text message, though, there isn't one. Against my own will, I even cleared out my text folder (in, out, draft, sent & deleted), and it still shows. Any suggestions on this as well? Besides those two issues, I like the 6.5 update.

Sprint TouchPro2 (stock 6.5)
on stock rom's the first cab or tweak needed is to kill the cmguardian. I have made some cabs to do this, see my sig. then any tweaks you apply after will survive soft resets.

did you check the outlook folder in messeging? there is always a new welcome email in there.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:43 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmac1982 View Post

Thanks
FATMAC
sure, here are two.

1. Reset cab (will give you a reset button only in the start menu)
2. xdashutdown cab nice screen with cancel, sleep, restart, and shutdown. sshot attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1.jpg (7.6 KB, 62 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: cab Reset.cab (6.7 KB, 30 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab xdaShutdown 1.01 - WVGA.cab (1.03 MB, 37 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development