PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2010, 03:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

geedubya15 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 RELEASE (Official Discussion Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
Hey, I am thinking of installing the new Official Sprint 6.5 ROM. I have been using custom Roms for the last few months. I currently am using JD's 2.5 Sense Rom - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113219.

My question is if I have a custom Rom on my phone is there anything special I have to do to install the Official Rom. In the past I think I've seen that you have to do some steps to go "back to Stock Roms'. Is this true or do I just install the official ROM just like the Custom Roms?

no steps needed. just flash the rom then do a clear storage (hard reset) like normal.
Alright. So I dont have to worry about 'Relocking the phone'? I've gone through the process of unlocking and installing custom ROM. Sorry but I cant find the definite answer. I just dont want to bring the phone back to Sprint at some point and them not accept my phone or break the warranty. So while my phone is custom Romed or 'unlocked' I can just download the Official Sprint 6.5 TP2 ROM and install that the same way I would install the custom ROMs, and I should be good? No relocking or anything necessary?

I was looking at this thread and it was talking about relocking. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54462

Please let me know. Also the more detail the better. I really dont know the reverse process or too many terms. Thanks.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

you only have to relock if you are bringing it in or sending it in to sprint.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

geedubya15 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
you only have to relock if you are bringing it in or sending it in to sprint.
Okay, can you only put the stock ROM and then relock? Or can the phone be Relocked with a custom ROM. For example, JD's Roms.

My main question. If I Relock, then install the Official 6.5 ROM of this thread, will I be good to bring it back to sprint? Sorry for all the questions, just tryna make sure I'm good to bring it to sprint.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by geedubya15 View Post
Okay, can you only put the stock ROM and then relock? Or can the phone be Relocked with a custom ROM. For example, JD's Roms.

My main question. If I Relock, then install the Official 6.5 ROM of this thread, will I be good to bring it back to sprint? Sorry for all the questions, just tryna make sure I'm good to bring it to sprint.
If you are going to relock a phone, always relock it after flashing the stock rom.

Last edited by razorloves; 05-25-2010 at 06:48 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Dwilli03 is a n00b

Has anyone found a way to disable HTC messaging? If not maybe speed it up? Or can recommend a custom ROM that just doesn't include it?
Old 08-12-2010, 04:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jrgolfpro is becoming a great contributor
Re: Official Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 RELEASE

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintb View Post
Thanks DUDE! IM RUNNING IT NOW!

AND HOLY CARAPPP!!!!!

I LOVE YOU SPRINT AND HTC KISSES!!!:mrgr een:= D>: headbang:: drunken:
Sad dude... This Rom Sucked!!!
Old 08-12-2010, 08:27 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work

The sprint OFFICIAL TP2 rom update is by far the WORST ever.. it slows down the phone and is missing a lot of things and has a lot of bugs......... HOWEVER... run the 6/20 mighty which uses the official sprint and other updated roms and add COOKIES HOME TAB and LOCK SCREEN MOD (and a few others) and the phone is awesome!
Old 02-08-2011, 05:51 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: cnn

lengfengfly is a n00b

Thank you so much!
Old 02-13-2011, 01:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

thisdude23 is a n00b

If my TP2 is locked, can I update with this ROM or do I have to unlock my TP2 first?
Old 02-13-2011, 01:19 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

If this is stock, you can flash .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development