View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 06:48 PM
bczrx
N00b

bczrx is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Official Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 RELEASE (Official Discussion Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantheman1073 View Post
I have read nearly all 70+ pages...and no one (I can find) has answered the one question someone else asked...and what I want an answer to:

In the screen shots...there are the three big 'buttons' on the home screen (youtube, sprint music, and something else I believe) Are those locked in...or can they be changed to other quick launch programs?

And secondly...can they be simply 'turned off' so i can see more of 'my calendar' on the home screen like I can in 6.1?

I value the home screen greatly...and if i have to stare at a Sprint Music (and the two others) for now on...that's a deal breaker.

Thanks!

Just to clarify, you actually have 9 Big Buttons on the home page. You can only see three until you 'flip' them up. then the other 6 appear.

Once you 'flip' them up, you can press 'menu' on the bottom right, select "Remove Quick Links" and then tap the ones you wish to remove. Click "done" on the bottom left when you are finished. Now that you have some empty tabs, you can click them and add a Program. After selecting Add Program, you can then slide up/down the program list until you find the right one and select it. Press "done" when you are finished, or all the blocks are full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadoe05 View Post
No they are not locked in. Tap menu remove quick links and choose the ones you want to remove. Unfortunately (for you) you can't "turn them off". There are however several mods available for the quicklinks on the home tab. Maybe you would like one of them.
Jadoe05 is referring to the 16-tab cab or the Cookies Home Page cabs that were bounced around a LOT in this thread.

I added the 16 tab and it meets my needs: for now!