PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 11:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc TP2
Carrier: Sprint

harvick2933 is keeping up the good workharvick2933 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to harvick2933
Re: (*NEW)[02-17-10]V3 Timberwolf 6.5.5 Sense 2.5 2012 (23534) MMS working - MAX 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntopper View Post
I checked using the pagepool changer that's included in the rar and I believe it said the pagepool was 6. I've also heard that setting it to 0 lets the operating system select it dynamically. But I'm not the chef and couldn't come close to what he's created!

Edit: Just saw your edit. Maybe it was 6 on a previous version (or maybe I didn't understand the program).
When you go into Page pool changer you have to hit the select button and open the nbh file then it will show you the number. Just learned that myself lol.

If I helped you, please hit THANKS!
Old 02-17-2010, 12:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2

freddymo14 is a n00b
Re: (*NEW)[02-17-10]V3 Timberwolf 6.5.5 Sense 2.5 2012 (23534) MMS working - MAX 3.0

hey i'm new to this ant i just installed the latest rom version and it seems like i can send pictures but am unable to receive. anyone else having this issue and if so is there a fix? thanks
Old 02-17-2010, 12:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo14 View Post
hey i'm new to this ant i just installed the latest rom version and it seems like i can send pictures but am unable to receive. anyone else having this issue and if so is there a fix? thanks
Did you install the sprint only version or the all carrier version?
Old 02-17-2010, 12:19 AM
Lurker

freddymo14 is a n00b

i installed the sprint only version, it seems to work whe i get pics from other sprint users but i had a friend try to send from a tmobile and she told me it was rejected. i guess it might have been someting on their end.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
i installed the sprint only version, it seems to work whe i get pics from other sprint users but i had a friend try to send from a tmobile and she told me it was rejected. i guess it might have been someting on their end.
It must be. If your receiving them from sprint, then its working. I have not had any issues with pics coming from Verizon or AT&T.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:28 AM
Lurker

freddymo14 is a n00b

yeah, it's working fine now. thanks.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible, touch pro 2, xv6900, x50v
Carrier: verizon

suntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Is it just me or is this latest rom faster? It looks like the weather animaton on the weather tab is moving so much quicker.

great work as always!
Old 02-17-2010, 02:48 AM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Pocket PC: Vogue,Diamond,TP2,Epic
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Wow, I had to go all the way back to page 27 to find another VZW poster! I'm feeling so much outnumbered here but it's all good. (this is what you do when you're waiting for you phone to finish flashing).

Yes, I think we all do that. It seems to take forever, I guess that's what being a flashing addict is all about.

The phone does slow down to a crawl (or less) sometimes. I thought the phone was frozen when I was in file explorer installing apps (see above). But I waited and it came back from where ever it was. Just wondering if any of you sprint users have this issue or if it's just us outsiders! Most of the time the response is good (not great, but I can definitely live with it to get the good)
whoops, just finished the flash. Here's something strange. I got the provisioning screen without resetting? OK, gotta go play now! LOL

ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvick2933 View Post
Yes, the lag will happen periodically with us Sprint users as well. And I can't narrow it down to just one thing. For the most part very stable. I need to look into what the page pool is on this rom. I have found on some others that raising the page pool will sometimes eliminate some lag.

EDIT:It is at 16. 24 has been a good number for me in the past. Although not sure how much difference it will make. Wish I would have checked before flashing lol.
When I release this version to the wild. I preset the pp to 6 as per other chef's and users having problems with Opera and running out of memory.
I saw that the phone was going slow at different times, so reflashed with the pp back at 16, and all is well.

Quote:
I always test the rom by sending myself a sms,mms and email just to test the rom. I found that sometimes there can be a delay as much as a day before you receive mms, depending on which carrier. My son has a Sprint Vogue I flashed to Cricket and is complaining about that all the time. Carrier's do not like users to send mms because of the heavy bandwidth required. When all carrier's move to 4g, bandwidth will not be an issue. 4g can handle 10 times the number of user's.

Quote:
Is it just me or is this latest rom faster? It looks like the weather animaton on the weather tab is moving so much quicker.
great work as always!
Not sure yet, it appears to be faster to me also. Time will tell.

Fell asleep watching TV, time to head for the bed. Thanks to you guys (or like the one I'm going to sleep with [FEMALE]) for the feedback. Just like I said many moon's ago (several pages back). Building a rom is a team effort, it's not just me. I just do the cooking, others make the salad or clean windows(). =D>
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Last edited by Timberwolf671; 02-17-2010 at 02:52 AM.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:59 AM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Pocket PC: Vogue,Diamond,TP2,Epic
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level
Re: (NEW)[02-16-10]V2.1.1 Timberwolf 6.5.5 Sense 2.5 2011 With MMS working MAX 3.0 Ro

[QUOTE=suntopper;1570704]Well since you decided to do some work and put up a new rom, I decided it's only fair if I do a little additional research before flashing! I flashed the v2, v2.1 with TV and V2.1 without TV (all with Max 3.0). For v2 and v2.1 without TV I ran carrier customization. On each test the bottom and top task bar moved off the screen (i.e. it worked).

After installing each app and checking after running them, I found that Showcase v1.1 is creating the problem. Actually, the problem doesn't show up until the next reset (don't ask how many apps I installed before I reset; LOL). Verified with a fresh flash. Just for kicks I tried the showcase v1.0.1b that you posted in the first thread and it worked. I guess the lesson here is don't mess with the chef! So bottom line: If you want showcase then use the v1.0.1b that jstine posted.

As far as a b/w taskbar, I have used one from the following post. It seems to work without breaking the htc volume. Credit goes to Bilbobrain and Japper88.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ed#post1446359

Man, you just saved me an hour of time. Was going to edit that tomorrow, now all I have to do is edit the signal bars to make them with color.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:56 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson

Rom's looking good jstine. Your theme and skinning has come along quite nicely

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
rom, theme