PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 07:06 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Pocket PC: Vogue,Diamond,TP2,Epic
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (*NEW)[02-17-10]V3 Timberwolf 6.5.5 Sense 2.5 2012 (23534) MMS working - MAX 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstine671 View Post
You are correct, bottom Slider Icons show in landscape mode. Will have to see if there a new Ablum Ext available.
Corrected
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2

KillerRW is keeping up the good workKillerRW is keeping up the good work
Re: (*NEW)[02-17-10]V3 Timberwolf 6.5.5 Sense 2.5 2012 (23534) MMS working - MAX 3.0

downloading now

If I have helped you Press THANKS!!!!!
get my rep up
Old 02-16-2010, 09:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc TP2

harvick2933 is keeping up the good workharvick2933 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to harvick2933

Well I am glad I didn't get to update last night. lol. Thanks for the updates.

If I helped you, please hit THANKS!
Old 02-16-2010, 09:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2

KillerRW is keeping up the good workKillerRW is keeping up the good work

yeah it seems we get updated just about everyday. but its good though. keep it fresh, i download with EVERY update... it sounds like a hassle to reset up your phone, but if you think about it, youre using about 4 minutes of your life after every hard reset. Which is about every day for many anyway, so Ive so gotten used to setting up my phone the way it was everytime. i still havent figured out how to use the UC Sd card way of restoring settings and cab files, i do it the old fashioned way and have a copy of my PIM file on my sd card, which only restores your contacts, calendar, and your call history, you still have to set up emails, and backlight settings, wallpapers and such. Dont use activesync to save settings, cause i may be on a different computer everyday, and to remember which computer i used to backup..
Old 02-16-2010, 10:21 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Pocket PC: Vogue,Diamond,TP2,Epic
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerRW View Post
yeah it seems we get updated just about everyday. but its good though. keep it fresh, i download with EVERY update... it sounds like a hassle to reset up your phone, but if you think about it, youre using about 4 minutes of your life after every hard reset. Which is about every day for many anyway, so Ive so gotten used to setting up my phone the way it was everytime. i still havent figured out how to use the UC Sd card way of restoring settings and cab files, i do it the old fashioned way and have a copy of my PIM file on my sd card, which only restores your contacts, calendar, and your call history, you still have to set up emails, and backlight settings, wallpapers and such. Dont use activesync to save settings, cause i may be on a different computer everyday, and to remember which computer i used to backup..
Sorry for so many updates, this should do it some time. I like the new album and music, the way it rotates.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Sorry for so many updates, this should do it some time. I like the new album and music, the way it rotates.
Hey, keep the updates coming. Gotta keep it fresh. I don't mind updating all the time. Also love having the sprint version. Keep up the great work.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible, touch pro 2, xv6900, x50v
Carrier: verizon

suntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: (NEW)[02-16-10]V2.1.1 Timberwolf 6.5.5 Sense 2.5 2011 With MMS working MAX 3.0 Ro

Well since you decided to do some work and put up a new rom, I decided it's only fair if I do a little additional research before flashing! I flashed the v2, v2.1 with TV and V2.1 without TV (all with Max 3.0). For v2 and v2.1 without TV I ran carrier customization. On each test the bottom and top task bar moved off the screen (i.e. it worked).

After installing each app and checking after running them, I found that Showcase v1.1 is creating the problem. Actually, the problem doesn't show up until the next reset (don't ask how many apps I installed before I reset; LOL). Verified with a fresh flash. Just for kicks I tried the showcase v1.0.1b that you posted in the first thread and it worked. I guess the lesson here is don't mess with the chef! So bottom line: If you want showcase then use the v1.0.1b that jstine posted.

As far as a b/w taskbar, I have used one from the following post. It seems to work without breaking the htc volume. Credit goes to Bilbobrain and Japper88.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ed#post1446359

Quote:
The problem is with Max 3.0. Flashed to a rom without Max and the landscape worked fine. Also, when I used the black taskbar icons, it broke the volume control DLL, back to tsowens blue icons set for now. Just downloaded Calk's new kitchen with 2012 manila. Will be working with that the next week. Would you know it, when I justed finished changing all the manila 2.5 2011 png's to blue, here's a new 2.5 2012. I will make the changes for adding WiFi Router 1.6 and tsowen's blue taskbar icons before moving to the new kitchen. Thanks to everyone for trying my rom. Will be dropping Maxmanila 3.0 in the next release. After flashing back without Max, the phone is so much faster.
And now, on with flashing the new rom!

Last edited by suntopper; 02-16-2010 at 11:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker

suntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Wow, I had to go all the way back to page 27 to find another VZW poster! I'm feeling so much outnumbered here but it's all good. (this is what you do when you're waiting for you phone to finish flashing).

The phone does slow down to a crawl (or less) sometimes. I thought the phone was frozen when I was in file explorer installing apps (see above). But I waited and it came back from where ever it was. Just wondering if any of you sprint users have this issue or if it's just us outsiders! Most of the time the response is good (not great, but I can definitely live with it to get the good)

whoops, just finished the flash. Here's something strange. I got the provisioning screen without resetting? OK, gotta go play now! LOL

ST

Last edited by suntopper; 02-16-2010 at 11:30 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntopper View Post
Wow, I had to go all the way back to page 27 to find another VZW poster! I'm feeling so much outnumbered here but it's all good. (this is what you do when you're waiting for you phone to finish flashing).

The phone does slow down to a crawl (or less) sometimes. I thought the phone was frozen when I was in file explorer installing apps (see above). But I waited and it came back from where ever it was. Just wondering if any of you sprint users have this issue or if it's just us outsiders! Most of the time the response is good (not great, but I can definitely live with it to get the good)

whoops, just finished the flash. Here's something strange. I got the provisioning screen without resetting? OK, gotta go play now! LOL

ST
Yes, the lag will happen periodically with us Sprint users as well. And I can't narrow it down to just one thing. For the most part very stable. I need to look into what the page pool is on this rom. I have found on some others that raising the page pool will sometimes eliminate some lag.

EDIT:It is at 16. 24 has been a good number for me in the past. Although not sure how much difference it will make. Wish I would have checked before flashing lol.

Last edited by harvick2933; 02-16-2010 at 11:39 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I checked using the pagepool changer that's included in the rar and I believe it said the pagepool was 6. I've also heard that setting it to 0 lets the operating system select it dynamically. But I'm not the chef and couldn't come close to what he's created!

Edit: Just saw your edit. Maybe it was 6 on a previous version (or maybe I didn't understand the program).

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvick2933 View Post
Yes, the lag will happen periodically with us Sprint users as well. And I can't narrow it down to just one thing. For the most part very stable. I need to look into what the page pool is on this rom. I have found on some others that raising the page pool will sometimes eliminate some lag.

Last edited by suntopper; 02-16-2010 at 11:42 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
rom, theme