PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kscawley is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (*NEW)[02-17-10]V3 Timberwolf 6.5.5 Sense 2.5 2012 (23534) MMS working - MAX 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscawley View Post

Other than that, keep doing what you are doing!
Ok, I lied - one other suggestion/comment. The Taskbar icons are not color consistent depending on what is displayed. If I set the phone to vibrate, the icon turns gray. The power icon is also gray, and the percentage numbers can be somewhat difficult to read depending on what color they turn as the power is discharged.

I know some have come up with really fancy looking icons that look teriffic when shown on a big computer screen, but get totally lost when held two feet away in sunlight (i.e. tiny little x on the speaker to indicate silent). I am ok with the blue theme (with black/white being my honest preference) but contrast and clear status indication are most important. I have tried installing other taskbars on top of yours, but they are really hit and miss with 6.5.x
Old 02-23-2010, 07:13 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Pocket PC: Vogue,Diamond,TP2,Epic
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level
Re: (*NEW)[02-17-10]V3 Timberwolf 6.5.5 Sense 2.5 2012 (23534) MMS working - MAX 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-nice View Post
Hey Chad, just got on the site today since Sun nite. But am having a problem flashing jstine671's Timberwolf 6.5.5 Sense 2.5 2012 23534 Rom onto my phone. Could it be that I open it up with Explorer on my Pc or what? And If it is what should I use to open it with. Desperately want this rom.If you or anyone can walk me thru at 6:30 today. (That's when I'll be back at the computer) I would be greatly appreciative. Btw thanks for all your detailed help Sun. nite!
Use Winrar to unpack rar file on your desktop. Then run ROMUpdateUtility.exe to flash your phone. Warning, you phone must be unlocked! I you are not sure how to do that, start at the CDma TP2 Upgrade.

Quote:
Ok, I lied - one other suggestion/comment. The Taskbar icons are not color consistent depending on what is displayed. If I set the phone to vibrate, the icon turns gray. The power icon is also gray, and the percentage numbers can be somewhat difficult to read depending on what color they turn as the power is discharged.

New taskbar icons for in the 3.1 rom update.

I know some have come up with really fancy looking icons that look teriffic when shown on a big computer screen, but get totally lost when held two feet away in sunlight (i.e. tiny little x on the speaker to indicate silent). I am ok with the blue theme (with black/white being my honest preference) but contrast and clear status indication are most important. I have tried installing other taskbars on top of yours, but they are really hit and miss with 6.5.x
I agree, see new pictures in first post. It's hard to see anything in bright sun light.

Quote:
I am back on it again. Must say I do like your ROM. I already mentioned the on/off issue of very long pause when browsing the SD card, which you said you thought you have a fix for.

Fixed with File Explorer Extention 2.06.

If I could suggest something else, it might be easier to find things if you organized the start menu a bit by placing like apps in folders rather than scattered around. Mighty set the standard on this, and one of the first things I do when I flash a new ROM is dive into the Windows/Start Menu and start making folders and moving stuff around. You don't need to go crazy, but having a folder for Apps (or productivity, etc.) for Calendar, Tasks Notepad, Office 2010, etc. One for Internet stuff, MultiMedia, Tools (Utilities) and then Games. Others may have different suggestions, but to me it makes it much quicker to find what I am looking for.

Sorry to say, but I'm a noob at this. Will do sometime in the future. Have so much to learn, it's on the list.

Other than that, keep doing what you are doing!
Thanks for comments and help.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Last edited by Timberwolf671; 02-23-2010 at 07:27 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO

osubeavs is a n00b

Best ROM I have ever used!!! I love everything..MMS works smoothly. My signal has even improved in my area. Thanks!!!!
Old 02-23-2010, 11:49 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs View Post
Best ROM I have ever used!!! I love everything..MMS works smoothly. My signal has even improved in my area. Thanks!!!!
Probably not, more than likely do to the seven bar signal icon.

Last edited by Timberwolf671; 02-24-2010 at 10:34 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc TP2

harvick2933 is keeping up the good workharvick2933 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to harvick2933
Re: [02-23-10]V3.1 Timberwolf 6.5.5 Sense 2.5 2012 (23534) MMS working - MAX 3.0 Roms

I like most of the changes you made to this new one. Not real sure yet about the colored signal bar tho?lol. But the file explorer is definately much better now. What can I say but another great release from the wolves.

If I helped you, please hit THANKS!
Old 02-24-2010, 12:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc TP2

harvick2933 is keeping up the good workharvick2933 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to harvick2933
Re: [02-23-10]V3.1 Timberwolf 6.5.5 Sense 2.5 2012 (23534) MMS working - MAX 3.0 Roms

Hey jstine, take a look at this clock and see if it's something that might interest you. It seems to fit into your theme IMO. Just thought you might like to see some customizations. This clock is courtesy of Santod.

EDIT: sorry forgot to upload.

Last edited by harvick2933; 02-24-2010 at 12:15 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

D-nice is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to D-nice

Hey jstine671, phone is unlocked thanks for the reminder. Now I'm a novice when it comes to flashing and the terminology to the words being used, but I'm super interested in learning about whatever. You said use Winrar to unpack rar file on my desktop. Then run RomUpdateUtility.exe to flash my phone. Where do I find Winrar and how do I unpack rar file on my desktop. And where do I find the RomUpdateUtility.exe to be able to flash my phone? Sorry about the detailed questions, butI don't know anything about this and I really want that Rom you have so I'm being thorough in my asking and about what I don't know so I can get it right. Thanks a Billion!
Old 02-24-2010, 09:35 AM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvick2933 View Post
I like most of the changes you made to this new one. Not real sure yet about the colored signal bar tho?lol. But the file explorer is definately much better now. What can I say but another great release from the wolves.
Thanks

One of the reason you don't fine alot of taskbars available. Is because the time to make, or edit one. There are over 100 just for the battery, 8 for each type of data connection. And it all could break with the next build. Not to many want to spend 10 hrs or more to make a really great looking taskbar and have to do it again with the next release. Taskbars are a matter of taste just like everthing else. What I 'm looking for, is a taskbar that will show me with quick look what my signal, battery status, if I have an active data connection going. If you like the white & black icons only, I can post the orginal file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvick2933 View Post
Hey jstine, take a look at this clock and see if it's something that might interest you. It seems to fit into your theme IMO. Just thought you might like to see some customizations. This clock is courtesy of Santod.

Looks good great!

EDIT: sorry forgot to upload.
Quote:
Hey jstine671, phone is unlocked thanks for the reminder. Now I'm a novice when it comes to flashing and the terminology to the words being used, but I'm super interested in learning about whatever. You said use Winrar to unpack rar file on my desktop. Then run RomUpdateUtility.exe to flash my phone. Where do I find Winrar and how do I unpack rar file on my desktop. And where do I find the RomUpdateUtility.exe to be able to flash my phone? Sorry about the detailed questions, butI don't know anything about this and I really want that Rom you have so I'm being thorough in my asking and about what I don't know so I can get it right. Thanks a Billion!
Winrar is a free trial compressing program just like Winzip. Just Google "Winrar download". Select the correct type for the PC you are using, PC, Mac, Etc.. Once downloaded, run the file and install. After installing, right click on my Timberwolf XXXX.rar file and select open. Assuming you have already downloaded the file, select Extract To (Should be your desktop). The RomUpdateUtility.exe will be in the folder created by Winrar. Have you phone with active sync to you PC and run RomUpdateUtility.exe. This is very simple set of instruction, you might be off reading more from the TP2 Upgrade section.

Last edited by Timberwolf671; 02-24-2010 at 09:51 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kscawley is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Where do I find Winrar and how do I unpack rar file on my desktop. And where do I find the RomUpdateUtility.exe to be able to flash my phone?
RAR is a compression format, similar to a ZIP file. Multiple files can be grouped together and compressed into one file for convenience and to make the overall file smaller to speed upload and download times. There are literally dozens of different file compression formats. the .cab files used to install apps and patches on our phones is another format.

Windows has the ability to compress and decompress Zip files natively. To work with Rar files you need to install a program that can handle its format. WinRar is the "original" windows Rar application, and can be downloaded from here http://rarlabs.com/rar/wrar392.exe. This is a shareware application, so at some point you will need to pay a license fee to continue using it. There are other freeware applications out on the net that can do the same thing.

Once you download and install WinRar on your PC it will recognize the ROM you downloaded as a compressed file. Double clicking on the ROM will launch WinRar and show you the contents of the compressed file. RomUpdateUtility is one of the files.

It is suggested you uncompress all files (click the "Extract To" icon on the WinRar taskbar) to an empty folder on your computer, and then double click the RomUpdateUtility to launch it from there. I flash a lot, going between many different roms every few days - I have found I can actually double click RomUpdateUtility from within WinRar itself and have everything proceed normally (it decompresses in the background). But decompressing to a fresh folder first is probably safer.

Once the update utility is launched just follow the prompts. Remember, flashing a new rom clears everything from the device itself, so be sure to backup any text messages, photos, documents, emails etc. before starting.

Good luck!
Old 02-24-2010, 10:03 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Google 7-zip.......you can use it for zip files and rars......plus it is a free app...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
rom, theme