PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2010, 09:46 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Pocket PC: Vogue,Diamond,TP2,Epic
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (*NEW)[02-17-10]V3 Timberwolf 6.5.5 Sense 2.5 2012 (23534) MMS working - MAX 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstine671 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by suntopper View Post
jstine,

When I'm in file explorer (ex), I can scoll (via finger) 2 or 3 times before the screen freezes (not lockup up totally). When I wait 5-10 seconds it will come back and I can scroll a couple more times.

I think this happened in previous versions so I'm thinking it's not an extended (?) version issue.

Just giving some data.
ST
I tried switching 10 different directories within File Explorer and had no slow down, except the windows directory. Are you opening large directory, such as windows. When opening a directory with that many files, you will always have slow responses. You did not say if you could see the spinning wait icon.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvick2933 View Post
+1 It is not when selecting directories. It is just when you open exploer, you try to scroll down and the screen freezes for like suntopper said 5-10 seconds or sometimes more. Then it just starts running normally again like nothing happened. And it's almost everytime you go into File Explorer.
Exactly!
Maybe the reason it's not happen to me. I'm using different build, haven't release this to the wild yet. Still adding graphics, new dialer graphics. I think the build you have installed now, had the file ext added for File Explorer. Since last release I have removed it. New update coming in 3-4 days. No major changes, this 23534 build appears to be solid.

Can confirm the Stock lockup issue. Added 5 different stocks and everything was find, selected to update and it froze, had to soft reset. Have checked many posting without an answer.

EDIT: I might be wrong, maybe I added the ext in File Explorer this time. I'm not a home, so I can't check. Will checking after midnight with correct information.

0400 hrs I do have File Explorer Ext 2.06 install. That must be the reason no pause. Will be in the next update.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Last edited by Timberwolf671; 02-21-2010 at 06:04 AM.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kscawley is becoming a great contributor
Re: (*NEW)[02-17-10]V3 Timberwolf 6.5.5 Sense 2.5 2012 (23534) MMS working - MAX 3.0

Quote:
Quote:
+1 It is not when selecting directories. It is just when you open exploer, you try to scroll down and the screen freezes for like suntopper said 5-10 seconds or sometimes more. Then it just starts running normally again like nothing happened. And it's almost everytime you go into File Explorer.
Exactly!
This seems to happen to me only when accessing directories on the SD card. By chance is this what you two were doing as well?
Old 02-21-2010, 04:24 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscawley View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Exactly!
This seems to happen to me only when accessing directories on the SD card. By chance is this what you two were doing as well?
Problem will be fixed on next release
Old 02-21-2010, 06:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro2(previously too many to mention)
Carrier: sprint

samwat1 is a n00b

I was really digging your rom until I had a couple of hiccups:first, my phone started freezing on the slider when I tried to answer a call...had to redial the person calling. Second, the page with all of the programs on it became garbled and very glitchy. Sorry I have not read the current thread, so if it has been an issue, I missed it. Any guidance?
Old 02-21-2010, 07:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible, touch pro 2, xv6900, x50v
Carrier: verizon

suntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Did you do a soft reset or run the provisioning program after the flash? Start menu use to be messed up until the first soft reset. This might be resolved by provisioning which now comes up as part of the flash.

I have noticex that the phone starts ringing on the second or third ring but thats the only phone issue I've found.

Also, yes I was assessing the storage card when it slowed down but if jstine says it will be fixed I'll take his word!

Does anyone know what the max size storage card this will take?

ST

Last edited by suntopper; 02-21-2010 at 07:33 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:53 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
Did you do a soft reset or run the provisioning program after the flash? Start menu use to be messed up until the first soft reset. This might be resolved by provisioning which now comes up as part of the flash.

I have noticex that the phone starts ringing on the second or third ring but thats the only phone issue I've found.

Also, yes I was assessing the storage card when it slowed down but if jstine says it will be fixed I'll take his word!

Does anyone know what the max size storage card this will take?

ST
Per this post, 16gb

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1561202
Old 02-22-2010, 12:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

D-nice is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to D-nice

Can someone help me out please. I have a Sprint Touch Pro 2. And I'm trying to flash Timberwolf's 6.5.5 sense 2.5 2012 23534 Rom onto my phone. I like what I read and saw of his work above. This is my first time trying to flash a Rom onto my phone and I have a dilemma. I used the Hspl unlocker and I think it went through ok. My Sim says its unlocked also. I downloaded it to my 1 Gb storage card because my main kept telling me I need to delete somethings to make room. I don't know how to delete anything and furthermore don't want to delete something that I need. Everything is still working ok except wheen I tried to update firmware, PRL, & profile it keeps showing Error: 1012. Can anyone please help me getthis right so I can enjoy Timberwolf's WM 6.5.5 Sense 2.5 2012 23534. I would greatly appreciate it. Been trying to figure this out since 10:00 last nite.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc TP2

harvick2933 is keeping up the good workharvick2933 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to harvick2933

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-nice View Post
Can someone help me out please. I have a Sprint Touch Pro 2. And I'm trying to flash Timberwolf's 6.5.5 sense 2.5 2012 23534 Rom onto my phone. I like what I read and saw of his work above. This is my first time trying to flash a Rom onto my phone and I have a dilemma. I used the Hspl unlocker and I think it went through ok. My Sim says its unlocked also. I downloaded it to my 1 Gb storage card because my main kept telling me I need to delete somethings to make room. I don't know how to delete anything and furthermore don't want to delete something that I need. Everything is still working ok except wheen I tried to update firmware, PRL, & profile it keeps showing Error: 1012. Can anyone please help me getthis right so I can enjoy Timberwolf's WM 6.5.5 Sense 2.5 2012 23534. I would greatly appreciate it. Been trying to figure this out since 10:00 last nite.
Your best bet is to run everything through active sync. As long as u evtracted the unlocker and ran it, it should be un locked. Then extract the rom that you downloaded and open it up. Run the rom update utility and everything should go from there.

If I helped you, please hit THANKS!
Old 02-22-2010, 01:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc TP2

harvick2933 is keeping up the good workharvick2933 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to harvick2933

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-nice View Post
You cannot run the unlocker like a cab file. Connect your phone to your computer and open the hspl unlocker and run the program. It should come up and ask you a few questions and start running. You will then see a tricolor screen on your phone and then an install bar. Then it should complete and reset. Once it fully resets, open up the rom file and look for the Romupdateutilty appliction and run it. It will go through the same screens as before and start installing. FYI everything on your phone, not your sd card will be erased including contacts. So for that ZI would recommend running m$ myphone to backup contacts as well as some other things. Let me know if you need more help.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

D-nice is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to D-nice

Ok, I do have my contacts backed up on my computer thru active sync. And I did do everything with my phone connected via usb. I didn't see tri-color screen nor install bar. So would it be ok to run hspl again to unlock and once it resets u said open up the Rom file look for Rom update utility application and run it.. Do u mean re-download it off the website via usb-PC. Sorry for being so inquisitive but I never did this before and want to know what's needed so I can get it right. Thanks a million so far

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
rom, theme