PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2010, 04:30 AM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Pocket PC: Vogue,Diamond,TP2,Epic
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (*NEW)[02-17-10]V3 Timberwolf 6.5.5 Sense 2.5 2012 (23534) MMS working - MAX 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by siff View Post
Your kidding me with all the wolf thing right?!?! Is there no way to remove them ourselves? Way overkill and to have it locked out is weak. I found another oddity in the ROMs .nhb file, The ID bit was modified and the software version was removed. Ashame you have some really nice mods in the ROM, I was always curious how your builds are so much higher than everyone else's are... Interesting, well good luck everyone I'm off to my next ROM...
My builds are no higher than what comes from Calk's VK. I do modify the kitchen with custom graphics and and add my own ext files. If you referring to the # 23534, how about 28014 or 28223. Those are higher, but you don't see me posting a rom with those #'s. Why, I found them not to be stable, and what I, and I think everyone else is looking for. Is a rom that stable and looks good. So please go and try one of the cookie cutter rom's out there. I not here to please you, just myself. I like to share what I learn, not like some other's who feel that keeping information is power.:disg ust:
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2

KillerRW is keeping up the good workKillerRW is keeping up the good work
Re: (*NEW)[02-17-10]V3 Timberwolf 6.5.5 Sense 2.5 2012 (23534) MMS working - MAX 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntopper View Post
I tried on my phone and had no issue with MSFT and ^DJI added. I updated; opened and closed TCPMP; and updated again with no issues. OK, I just read your post a "little" more carefully. I tapped on the stock and the phone does freeze. The "Tap here... update data" line in the middel of the screen is overwritten by another line. When I tap the red phone button to get back to the home tab it goes to the tab but the screen is blank except for the tabs and taskbars. I opened up the task manager and it works (cpu usage is split betwween idle process and task manager primarily. Reset brings it back but pressing the stock again results in the same behavior. Can a sprint user confirm this?

Does the same with Sprint...

If I have helped you Press THANKS!!!!!
get my rep up
Old 02-19-2010, 10:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2

KillerRW is keeping up the good workKillerRW is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstine671 View Post
My builds are no higher than what comes from Calk's VK. I do modify the kitchen with custom graphics and and add my own ext files. If you referring to the # 23534, how about 28014 or 28223. Those are higher, but you don't see me posting a rom with those #'s. Why, I found them not to be stable, and what I, and I think everyone else is looking for. Is a rom that stable and looks good. So please go and try one of the cookie cutter rom's out there. I not here to please you, just myself. I like to share what I learn, not like some other's who feel that keeping information is power.:disg ust:

Love it, and the fact that you changed your font color letting us know that its you....just flashed to the new energy rom, and flashing back to yours now. I try all the new stuff, and end up coming back here. Your rom is more customizable in my opinion, but I wanted to try the new cookie monster home tab that energy cooked in last time, but Im coming back some time today.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

ftc_osiris is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntopper View Post
Osiris,
Edit: OK, now I fell such a newb! I thought that I had used the "clock task manager" from a program before but when I just tried it, I could only open on any sense tab. Point taken!

I don't use it primarily as a resource monitor either. I just like the feature. If all you want to do is switch between programs, try pressing on the clock on the upper taskbar. It opens a "task manager" that allows you to switch between running apps (I'm assuming you haven't discovered this). I'm not sure what phone it's from but it has been used on several roms (including NRG at one point). I just prefer somthing like the one that came stock on the TP2 (without obstructing the taskbar clock; which I like). Showcase does provide the extra information but doesn't necessarily play nice.

ST

:mrgr een:

No problem man.

Quickmenu is the only program I have ever found that allows for program switching, does not eat resources, and doesn't constantly cause every imaginable problem. (and I have looked alot)

Of course, until I found NRGZ's icon, I hated the [Q] icon of quickmenu too!!! It overlapped with the program name and was very annoying.

Anyhow, like I said before, I think it is a nice addition to any 6.5.5 ROM.

BUT that's just my opinion.

I LOVE THIS ROM, IT'S STILL WORKING PERFECTLY AFTER 2 DAYS.

Thats an accomplishment over many other ROMs I have used.

MY BEST TO THE CHEF
Old 02-19-2010, 12:23 PM
N00b

One other suggestion:

You may wish to consider organizing the Start Menu like in MightyROM and Energy. In other words, there are too many icons in the top level of the start menu to find things

That is the one thing that turns me off of this ROM (I STILL LOVE IT THOUGH)

For me it's not that bad to fix but it could annoy some

and of course, it is your ROM not mine, but you asked for advice.

Old 02-19-2010, 01:05 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftc_osiris View Post
:mrgr een:

No problem man.

Quickmenu is the only program I have ever found that allows for program switching, does not eat resources, and doesn't constantly cause every imaginable problem. (and I have looked alot)

Of course, until I found NRGZ's icon, I hated the [Q] icon of quickmenu too!!! It overlapped with the program name and was very annoying.

Anyhow, like I said before, I think it is a nice addition to any 6.5.5 ROM.

BUT that's just my opinion.

I LOVE THIS ROM, IT'S STILL WORKING PERFECTLY AFTER 2 DAYS.

Thats an accomplishment over many other ROMs I have used.

MY BEST TO THE CHEF
You said a few pages back, that you have his cab or ext file. Could you please attach in your next posting. And does his version hide under the top taskbar?

FYI (For all to read)
Just because I cook the wolf pictures into the rom, doesn't mean that you can not change them. If I posted a unmodified version of Max, then his pictures would cook into the rom. To change the med blue moon picture. The file name is "MaxBackground.jpg" size must be 1024x768 and located in the \windows directory. Just do not have the P (MaxBackground) active at the time doing this. Copy a new picture with the file name to you \windows directory.
The TSK files are another whole story in them self. Not easy to change, still at this time there is no program available to make it easy to do so. You may read in some posting's about a M$ link and doing custom pictures and theme thru this web link. Didn't work me the last time I tried. So here is the hard way of doing this. LOL 1st find a theme Tsk background you like and copy just the TSK file to your windows directory. Do not have that TSK file active at the time of doing the following. Copy the following 2 files from your phone to your desktop. "abb_Taskbar.png" TOP TASKBAR - "abb_Taskbar.png" BOTTOM TASKBAR" Use any program that can edit PNG files. I use GIMP 2 for some files and Photobie for others, it program has it's limits. Both are free programs an available from Download.com.
Sizes are restricted to 7Wx67H for bottom taskbar and 7Wx52H for top. Most of of you have been around since I first posted this rom. Do you remember the Cobra emblem in the middle of the bottom taskbar. I had everybody how I pulled that off. The png's height can not change, 52 for top and 67 for bottom, but you can change the width to 480 and the png's can be anything. Hope this helps, now you don't have to live with just my version. It's easy to change a few png's or jpg's and have your own custom rom that will work with anybody's rom. Just keep a copy on your main computer and each time you flash. Copy this files to the new rom. Now, let's see some screenshots of of what you have done.
I know that I did not build SPB Screenshots in the rom. I never use it anyway. I prefer this program, also free. "MyMobiler125_01222010"
With this program you have control of your phone from your desktop, hitting a image (AKA Start Menu) will work just like you had pressed the phone's screen. You must a have an Active Sync with the phone.
I hope my instruction are clear, if not, just let me know. Thanks again to everyone for your help and feedback.

Don't forget to hit thanks!

One thing I forgot, do a soft reset after making changes.

Last edited by Timberwolf671; 02-23-2010 at 11:27 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:34 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
You said a few pages back, that you have his cab or ext file. Could you please attach in your next posting. And does his version hide under the top taskbar?

[/COLOR]

You can hide the "Q' on any version of Quickmenu..it is in the settings...
Old 02-19-2010, 02:03 PM
N00b

Quote:

FYI
Just because I cook the wolf pictures into the rom, doesn't mean that you can not change them. If I posted a unmodified version of Max, then his pictures would cook into the rom. To change the med blue moon, dark dark work you get when to change to P. The file name is "MaxBackground.jpg" size must be 1024x768 and located in the \windows directory. Just do not have the P (MaxBackground) active at the time doing this. Copy a new picture with the file name to you \windows directory.
The TSK files are another whole story in them self. Not easy to change, still at this time there is no program available to make it easy to do so. You may read in some posting's about a M$ link and doing custom pictures and theme thru this web link. Didn't work me the last time I tried. So here is the hard way of doing this. LOL 1st find a theme Tsk background you like and copy just the TSK file to your windows directory. Do not have that TSK file active at the time of doing the following. Copy the following 2 files from your phone to your desktop. "abb_Taskbar.png" TOP TASKBAR - "abb_Taskbar.png" BOTTOM TASKBAR" Use any program that can edit PNG files. I use GIMP 2 for some files and Photobie for others, it program has it's limits. Both are free programs an available from Download.com.
Sizes are restricted to 7Wx67H for bottom taskbar and 7Wx52H for top. Most of of you have been around since I first posted this rom. Do you remember the Cobra emblem in the middle of the bottom taskbar. I had everybody how I pulled that off. The png's height can not change, 52 for top and 67 for bottom, but you can change the width to 480 and the png's can be anything. Hope this helps, now you don't have to live with just my version. It's easy to change a few png's or jpg's and have your own custom rom that will work with anybody's rom. Just keep a copy on your main computer and it time you flash. Copy this files to the new rom. Now, let's see some screenshots of of what you have done.
I know that I did not build SPB Screenshots in the rom. I never use it anyway. I prefer this program, also free. "MyMobiler125_01222010"
With this program you have control of your phone from your desktop, hitting a image (AKA Start Menu) will work just like you had pressed the phone's screen. You must a have an Active Sync with the phone.
I hope my instruction are clear, if not, just let me know. Thanks again to everyone for your help and feedback.
THIS INCREDIBLE SET OF INSTRUCTIONS WASN'T FOR ME WAS IT???

Just to clarify if so, I love your backgrounds. I may change eventually but I like them for now.

I attached the QuickMenu files. I install regular quickmenu then paste these files over it.

If the icons work like on a PC, you may only need the .exe (assuming it contains the icon).

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
You can hide the "Q' on any version of Quickmenu..it is in the settings...
It is true that you can HIDE the Q. . .

I want to replace the taskbar Q with a tiny icon that does not overlap program name.

That way you know where to hit to bring up the menu but it isn't an annoying eyesore.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Quick.zip (76.6 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by ftc_osiris; 02-19-2010 at 02:05 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:07 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftc_osiris View Post
THIS INCREDIBLE SET OF INSTRUCTIONS WASN'T FOR ME WAS IT???

Just to clarify if so, I love your backgrounds. I may change eventually but I like them for now.

I attached the QuickMenu files. I install regular quickmenu then paste these files over it.

If the icons work like on a PC, you may only need the .exe (assuming it contains the icon).

I want to replace the taskbar Q with a tiny icon that does not overlap program name.

That way you know where to hit to bring up the menu but it isn't an annoying eyesore.
I started out giving a reply to just you and ended up giving the instruction to customize you phone in that posting. No, the instruction are everybody.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:17 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

That way you know where to hit to bring up the menu but it isn't an annoying eyesore.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, did not like the quick menu in VK, but I like the change with the icon in the midile of the screen. You can see the icon now. Will include in the next build.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
rom, theme