PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2010, 08:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 with MR3
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

kdjameson is keeping up the good workkdjameson is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (*NEW)[02-17-10]V3 Timberwolf 6.5.5 Sense 2.5 2012 (23534) MMS working - MAX 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by explisiv View Post
well this person is just sharing his creation, you dont like it fix it yourself or pm him this isnt a vote thing. its free stop being such sticklers!
I think it's fair to point out that Jstine did ask for peoples' opinions on whether to have plain white email previews.

My vote is to keep the images, but an option to switch (if possible) might be nice.

Last edited by kdjameson; 02-18-2010 at 08:25 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 with MR3
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

kdjameson is keeping up the good workkdjameson is keeping up the good work
Re: (*NEW)[02-17-10]V3 Timberwolf 6.5.5 Sense 2.5 2012 (23534) MMS working - MAX 3.0

Hi Jstine,

Today I finally got around to adding some stocks to the tab, and the adding part worked fine. However, when I click on a stock to see the detailed info, the page loads and then freezes. Sense seems to be locked up, as I can't switch tabs, although the Start button still works, as well as the taskbar.

I can load up other programs from the Start menu -- they run just fine. Once they close, the frozen Stock tab re-appears. It takes a soft reset to clear it up. I tried selecting different stocks with the same results.

Since no one else has reported this issue, I'm a little puzzled why my TP2 is having this problem. Can it be because it's a VZW phone?
Old 02-18-2010, 08:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible, touch pro 2, xv6900, x50v
Carrier: verizon

suntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I tried on my phone and had no issue with MSFT and ^DJI added. I updated; opened and closed TCPMP; and updated again with no issues. OK, I just read your post a "little" more carefully. I tapped on the stock and the phone does freeze. The "Tap here... update data" line in the middel of the screen is overwritten by another line. When I tap the red phone button to get back to the home tab it goes to the tab but the screen is blank except for the tabs and taskbars. I opened up the task manager and it works (cpu usage is split betwween idle process and task manager primarily. Reset brings it back but pressing the stock again results in the same behavior. Can a sprint user confirm this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdjameson View Post
Hi Jstine,

Since no one else has reported this issue, I'm a little puzzled why my TP2 is having this problem. Can it be because it's a VZW phone?

Last edited by suntopper; 02-18-2010 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 02-18-2010, 09:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro2(previously too many to mention)
Carrier: sprint

samwat1 is a n00b

Just flashed your rom for the first time, and I must say it is very fast and stable out of the box! I like that its not bloated. I have tried just about everyones roms, but this is nice. Im gonna test drive it for a few days, kick the tires and such. Peace.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker

suntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

jstine,

My opionion on the backgrounds (assuming they're email background on the email tab) is I prefer the current. Of course if I saw the new ones on my screen I might feel different lol. My concern is the readability of the text on top. However, as been stated before, it's your rom. We're just along for the ride (without paying for the gas I might add).

On the topic of opera v10, I've used v10.1b and v10.2b and initially I was pleased with it. The only problem I have with it is the two level zooming. I mean you set it to zoom to one level instead of being able to vary the amount of zoom. I haven't seen the zoom bar work (makes sense) either. I'm not sure if v10.3 "fixed" this. But again, it's your rom (and the ride's been great)
ST
Old 02-18-2010, 09:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Osiris,
Edit: OK, now I fell such a newb! I thought that I had used the "clock task manager" from a program before but when I just tried it, I could only open on any sense tab. Point taken!

I don't use it primarily as a resource monitor either. I just like the feature. If all you want to do is switch between programs, try pressing on the clock on the upper taskbar. It opens a "task manager" that allows you to switch between running apps (I'm assuming you haven't discovered this). I'm not sure what phone it's from but it has been used on several roms (including NRG at one point). I just prefer somthing like the one that came stock on the TP2 (without obstructing the taskbar clock; which I like). Showcase does provide the extra information but doesn't necessarily play nice.

ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftc_osiris View Post
I don't use Quickmenu as a resource monitor.

The purpose I have is like the windows taskbar on a PC (bottom bar with start button). It acts like an always accessible task bar listing current programs.

I use it for exiting or changing programs that are in the background without having to go to the Home screen (e.g. shifting to my XM radio program without minimizing Opera or having to go to the build in start menu).

That said, I have the installation of the custom QuickMenu program down to a science so if the consensus is that QuickMenu is bad, I won't be hurt by you leaving it out.

Osiris

HOWL!!!!!

I love this ROM

Last edited by suntopper; 02-18-2010 at 10:53 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I know it's got nothing to do with this rom, but does anyone else have inconsistent results when updating the weather at the current location? One time the temp is 54, the next it's 39, the next it's ... I'm just hitting "update now" on the weather tab.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc TP2
Carrier: Sprint

harvick2933 is keeping up the good workharvick2933 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to harvick2933

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntopper View Post
I know it's got nothing to do with this rom, but does anyone else have inconsistent results when updating the weather at the current location? One time the temp is 54, the next it's 39, the next it's ... I'm just hitting "update now" on the weather tab.
No, I tried it like 10 times with no issues. I use the update button all the time and have never seen any discrepencies.

If I helped you, please hit THANKS!
Old 02-18-2010, 11:41 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Pocket PC: Vogue,Diamond,TP2,Epic
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerRW View Post
opera tells me also that im out of memory to close a tab when i only have one tab open. It usually happens when i search for images, and im in the 5th or 6th page. It seems it hits a wall . Every time.
This is the reason for the lower pp to 6. I found the phone to be slow with at pp of 6. So what I do, don't use Opera for other than short surf sessions. Otherwise I use IE for surfing longer session. But I don't surf more than 3 or pages.

Quote:
installed the showcase, and for some reason it will lock up the phone from time to time. have to soft reset.
Haven't seen this occurring with 1.1b. I hope that it was a one time thing.

Quote:
are these the email backgrounds? go with what you want!!!!!!
I will post the files tonight or tomorrow as an attachment. Just unrar and copy to your \windows directory. Maybe after you see them on your phone you may or may not like it. I can always build with plain white and install to my own phone. I include many programs in the rom I never use. I use the same rom I post, but some of this stuff I will never use. To check my stocks would be saying I have money to invest. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by siff View Post
Your kidding me with all the wolf thing right?!?! Is there no way to remove them ourselves? Way overkill and to have it locked out is weak. I found another oddity in the ROMs .nhb file, The ID bit was modified and the software version was removed. Ashame you have some really nice mods in the ROM, I was always curious how your builds are so much higher than everyone else's are... Interesting, well good luck everyone I'm off to my next ROM...
Are you for real, or just a common trouble maker. FYI you can always download and install Maxmanila over top of my files. Since it's such a fast and stable rom I can understand why you want to keep it and have it you way. "Sorry, Burger King is 2 blocks down on the right"

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
If you dont like it then do what you said you are going to do....move along...no need to be calling people weak and such...bah bye!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieB View Post
Here's a vote for white.

The timber wolf wallpapers are cool, but would you consider adding some less busy ones for those of us with older eyes? I did have to find some new wallpapers and swap them out so I could read things better. Other than that, I like the ROM.
As said above, I will post both sets of images, plain white and the "Welcome to my Circle" then can decide for yourself. Works for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscawley View Post
I just installed the latest "all carrier" rom. In general it seems to work quite well. I am however having a graphics issue with the lock screen. I see two or three overlaping images of the slider. I tried installing the Pegasus Dusk slide to unlock and the slider does the same thing.
I noticed that also, it's caused by a program I used for the 1st time in any rom. It will be removed on the next update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdjameson View Post
Hi Jstine,

Today I finally got around to adding some stocks to the tab, and the adding part worked fine. However, when I click on a stock to see the detailed info, the page loads and then freezes. Sense seems to be locked up, as I can't switch tabs, although the Start button still works, as well as the taskbar.

I can load up other programs from the Start menu -- they run just fine. Once they close, the frozen Stock tab re-appears. It takes a soft reset to clear it up. I tried selecting different stocks with the same results.

I going to pretend I have money and trying looking at some stocks. Will let you know what I find out.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Last edited by Timberwolf671; 02-19-2010 at 12:40 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

sfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstine671 View Post
I going to pretend I have money and trying looking at some stocks. Will let you know what I find out.
I don't have money because I have stock and did not notice any problems when checking stocks

Interest in tech law? Check out my Intellectual Property and Technology blog

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
rom, theme