PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 07:26 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Pocket PC: Vogue,Diamond,TP2,Epic
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (*NEW)[02-17-10]V3 Timberwolf 6.5.5 Sense 2.5 2012 (23534) MMS working - MAX 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvick2933 View Post
Well here's a 24hr update. lol. So far this is running even better than your last release. Very smooth and responsive. I think the battery life is at least as good as stock so far. Been off charge since 5am and sitting at 88%. The only issue I have had was a couple lockups in Opera. It starts loading a page and then just locks and I have to reset. Not a big deal but I am unsure what's causing it. Other than that, great work as usual.
How many pages to view before it would lockup. 1,2,3 or more, or was it different it time.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion
Old 02-17-2010, 07:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc TP2

harvick2933 is keeping up the good workharvick2933 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to harvick2933
Re: (*NEW)[02-17-10]V3 Timberwolf 6.5.5 Sense 2.5 2012 (23534) MMS working - MAX 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstine671 View Post
How many pages to view before it would lockup. 1,2,3 or more, or was it different it time.
It was the first one after opening Opera.

If I helped you, please hit THANKS!
Old 02-17-2010, 07:57 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
It was the first one after opening Opera.
Did that to me on V2, did a soft reset and never happen again.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc TP2

harvick2933 is keeping up the good workharvick2933 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to harvick2933

I think it may be an issue with flash player. I can make it happen repeatedly by trying to load my banks website which has an animated home page. I have never had this problem on other roms. I am gonna try a different version of opera and see what happens.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

sfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuff

Love the stability and speed of this rom, but the theme is a little too much for me.

Keep up the great work.

Interest in tech law? Check out my Intellectual Property and Technology blog
Old 02-18-2010, 12:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible, touch pro 2, xv6900, x50v
Carrier: verizon

suntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Second day on rom, no major bugs (I can't think of any minor ones either)! I still think the cloudy animatons on the weather tab move quicker. Also, the landscape animations on the media and pictures tab are quicker than the old roms.

Not a huge fan of quick menu. I've used it on NRG's rom and as a standalone. However, I'm not way against it either. If it makes someone happy (especialy jstine), I say go for it. I'm happy with the one that pops up when you hit the upper right corner (clock). (I'd be happier if it had a % memory used though)

haven't had any issues with opera. I only use one tab though. Check out m.espn.com and ppcgeeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdjameson View Post

@suntopper: You are not alone!
Yay, a couple more and we'll have a gang!
Edit: Oops, I mean a pack!
Old 02-18-2010, 03:52 AM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
I think it may be an issue with flash player. I can make it happen repeatedly by trying to load my banks website which has an animated home page. I have never had this problem on other roms. I am gonna try a different version of opera and see what happens.
I never did get Opera to install the Flash Player. Did you find another version of Opera that works. Opera Beta 10.3 is available to cook in, I might try that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfxc13 View Post
Love the stability and speed of this rom, but the theme is a little too much for me.

It would help to give a little more info about how the the theme is to much. To many wolf's in on the screen, too blue. I am trying to build a rom/theme that doesn't look like everyone else . You can add custom changes yourself, like the blue slider icon on the bottom, the background. You can change just about anything you want, except for the wolf picures on the clocks and few other things that I put in Max 3.0. The reason I starting cooking my own roms, I didn't like what was available. I understand when you say over the top. I feel that way when I looked at the Dusk Green theme, too much green. I am part Native American and have spiritual connection to the wolf. FYI, the german shepherd was used in WW1 with so much success. The breeder's felt the dog would be looked as a part of Germany. The name was changed to, the Wolfdog still sometime after WWII. If you look at the bottom of each of my post, you will see a picture of the love of my life, and the quote at the at the bottom is so true. I receive far more than I could ever give back. I've had german shepherd dogs for over 30 years, and never seen any dog that comes even near to the breed. This rom is for the people who have the same love. I know in the furture I will change the theme (I'm a FLASHER addict) to something different, just sure what yet. Since I started this thread on Janruary 26, over 700 downloads with 15,000+ Views. I don't know if that's good or bad. Very few downloader's are taking the time to provide feedfack. So I build this rom/theme for myself. I could do the same basic theme everyone does, but that wouldn't be me. There are many roms out there that would fit you request. And it wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit. I'm here to learm and have fun. Once one or both stop, then I will stop. I spend many hours on changing this rom to the Timberwolf Theme. I know this theme isn't for everyone, but the stats say I'm not alone.

So what am I trying to say? Thanks for you feedback, + or - helps. What gets posted here, tell's me what you all want and what you would like to see in future updated.

Keep up the great work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suntopper View Post
Second day on rom, no major bugs (I can't think of any minor ones either)! I still think the cloudy animatons on the weather tab move quicker. Also, the landscape animations on the media and pictures tab are quicker than the old roms.

Yes it does, and I believe it's because of the CFC now being used.

Not a huge fan of quick menu. I've used it on NRG's rom and as a standalone. However, I'm not way against it either. If it makes someone happy (especialy jstine), I say go for it. I'm happy with the one that pops up when you hit the upper right corner (clock). (I'd be happier if it had a % memory used though)

I'm not a fan of Quick Menu also, too hard to hit the little icon that sits behind the top taskbar. I do like Native Showcase as long as doen't mess with sms or mms texting. So far I don't see that is the case with this version 1.0b.

haven't had any issues with opera. I only use one tab though. Check out m.espn.com and ppcgeeks.

Will do!

Last edited by Timberwolf671; 02-18-2010 at 03:59 AM.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

sfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstine671 View Post
It would help to give a little more info about how the the theme is to much. To many wolf's in on the screen, too blue...
Fair enough! Sorry for the lack of detail. Realizing that a little feedback could be more annoying then none.

As far as the theme, the part that went over the line for me was the images on the mail envelopes. When I first saw it I thought it was a great touch; it is something I had never seen before. However, I quickly became annoyed as I felt it made it more difficult to preview my emails from the envelope screen (something I do fairly often.)

I am a big German Shepherd fan as well (had them for 20+ years and itching to get another one), so you are definitely not alone.

Again, overall I was very impressed with the speed and stability of your ROM. It is one of the best, if not the best I have tried in the 6.5.X category in those areas.

Quote:
I never did get Opera to install the Flash Player. Did you find another version of Opera that works. Opera Beta 10.3 is available to cook in, I might try that.
Flash in 10.3 is still somewhat buggy. (Partially because the TP2's processor isn't quite up to speed and partially because of the different flash protocols deployed on the web)
Old 02-18-2010, 10:08 AM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfxc13 View Post
Fair enough! Sorry for the lack of detail. Realizing that a little feedback could be more annoying then none.

As far as the theme, the part that went over the line for me was the images on the mail envelopes. When I first saw it I thought it was a great touch; it is something I had never seen before. However, I quickly became annoyed as I felt it made it more difficult to preview my emails from the envelope screen (something I do fairly often.)

I am a big German Shepherd fan as well (had them for 20+ years and itching to get another one), so you are definitely not alone.

Again, overall I was very impressed with the speed and stability of your ROM. It is one of the best, if not the best I have tried in the 6.5.X category in those areas.

Flash in 10.3 is still somewhat buggy. (Partially because the TP2's processor isn't quite up to speed and partially because of the different flash protocols deployed on the web)

Sorry, did not mean to sound that way.
Need everyone's thought's, go with this new images. Or stay with the plain white?

Old 02-18-2010, 10:51 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

ftc_osiris is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntopper View Post

I don't use Quickmenu as a resource monitor.

The purpose I have is like the windows taskbar on a PC (bottom bar with start button). It acts like an always accessible task bar listing current programs.

I use it for exiting or changing programs that are in the background without having to go to the Home screen (e.g. shifting to my XM radio program without minimizing Opera or having to go to the build in start menu).

That said, I have the installation of the custom QuickMenu program down to a science so if the consensus is that QuickMenu is bad, I won't be hurt by you leaving it out.

Osiris

HOWL!!!!!

I love this ROM

Last edited by ftc_osiris; 02-18-2010 at 10:54 AM. Reason: HOWL

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
rom, theme