View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 09:56 PM
suntopper
Regular 'Geeker

suntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuntopper is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (*NEW)[02-17-10]V3 Timberwolf 6.5.5 Sense 2.5 2012 (23534) MMS working - MAX 3.0

Osiris,
Edit: OK, now I fell such a newb! I thought that I had used the "clock task manager" from a program before but when I just tried it, I could only open on any sense tab. Point taken!

I don't use it primarily as a resource monitor either. I just like the feature. If all you want to do is switch between programs, try pressing on the clock on the upper taskbar. It opens a "task manager" that allows you to switch between running apps (I'm assuming you haven't discovered this). I'm not sure what phone it's from but it has been used on several roms (including NRG at one point). I just prefer somthing like the one that came stock on the TP2 (without obstructing the taskbar clock; which I like). Showcase does provide the extra information but doesn't necessarily play nice.

ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftc_osiris View Post
I don't use Quickmenu as a resource monitor.

The purpose I have is like the windows taskbar on a PC (bottom bar with start button). It acts like an always accessible task bar listing current programs.

I use it for exiting or changing programs that are in the background without having to go to the Home screen (e.g. shifting to my XM radio program without minimizing Opera or having to go to the build in start menu).

That said, I have the installation of the custom QuickMenu program down to a science so if the consensus is that QuickMenu is bad, I won't be hurt by you leaving it out.

Osiris

HOWL!!!!!

I love this ROM

Last edited by suntopper; 02-18-2010 at 10:53 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.