PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 10:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kscawley is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (*NEW)[02-17-10]V3 Timberwolf 6.5.5 Sense 2.5 2012 (23534) MMS working - MAX 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstine671 View Post
One of the reason you don't fine alot of taskbars available. Is because the time to make, or edit one. There are over 100 just for the battery, 8 for each type of data connection. And it all could break with the next build. Not to many want to spend 10 hrs or more to make a really great looking taskbar and have to do it again with the next release.
I have been driven mad by this over the last few months (not directed at Jstine or any other chef), but I have learned that what seems simple on the surface is so much more complex than a file with different icon images. WM 6.5.x is still considered bleeding edge, and component dll's are being updated almost continuously as the OS continues to evolve. I have favorite taskbars that worked fine with Mighty's Love2 and other earlier 6.5.x ROMs. If I try installing on any newer builds such as Jstine's it can break a lot of things by replacing HTCVolumeControl.dll, shellres.dll, etc. with older, incompatible versions. Hence the reason why chefs need to spend extra time tweaking non-stock taskbars for any new builds. Once the "official" core files are released from Microsoft this will likely get easier.

Or maybe not...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: Sprint

KillerRW is keeping up the good workKillerRW is keeping up the good work
Re: [02-23-10]V3.1 Timberwolf 6.5.5 Sense 2.5 2012 (23534) MMS working - MAX 3.0 Roms

downloading 3.1 now

If I have helped you Press THANKS!!!!!
get my rep up
Old 02-24-2010, 01:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2

KillerRW is keeping up the good workKillerRW is keeping up the good work
Re: [02-23-10]V3.1 Timberwolf 6.5.5 Sense 2.5 2012 (23534) MMS working - MAX 3.0 Roms

Holy Shi* . this rom looks good, went back to transparent clock, which is a ++++++..
Old 02-24-2010, 01:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Epic

dahoov is keeping up the good workdahoov is keeping up the good work

I don't see anyone else with this problem, so maybe it is just my TP2. I am running on Sprint and this is on version 3.1. I can't get the WiFi Router to work. It turns on and indicates it is ready. It seems to allow a connection from my computer (both Win XP and Mac 10.6) but there does not seem to be an active connection to the internet. I have tried various settings ie: different SID names and passwords. I flashed back to stock, then flashed again (no luck), flashed this twice with no luck. I flashed back to 3.0 and WiFi Router worked no problem. I then re-flashed 3.1 and the Router still didn't work. I went back to 3.0 and the Router works fine.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions, or if you need any additional information.

By the way, I really like this series of ROM's. I have tried a variety of the including Mighty's and Energy's but always come back. I think the theme is great, and am glad to see you are unwilling to compromise. My wife and I have been donating to our local animal shelter for several years, and I definitely appreciate all of your efforts.

Old 02-24-2010, 02:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc TP2

harvick2933 is keeping up the good workharvick2933 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to harvick2933

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahoov View Post
I don't see anyone else with this problem, so maybe it is just my TP2. I am running on Sprint and this is on version 3.1. I can't get the WiFi Router to work. It turns on and indicates it is ready. It seems to allow a connection from my computer (both Win XP and Mac 10.6) but there does not seem to be an active connection to the internet. I have tried various settings ie: different SID names and passwords. I flashed back to stock, then flashed again (no luck), flashed this twice with no luck. I flashed back to 3.0 and WiFi Router worked no problem. I then re-flashed 3.1 and the Router still didn't work. I went back to 3.0 and the Router works fine.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions, or if you need any additional information.

By the way, I really like this series of ROM's. I have tried a variety of the including Mighty's and Energy's but always come back. I think the theme is great, and am glad to see you are unwilling to compromise. My wife and I have been donating to our local animal shelter for several years, and I definitely appreciate all of your efforts.
+1 I just tried the wifi router and it will not connect to the internet but does make a connection with the phone.

If I helped you, please hit THANKS!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:22 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Pocket PC: Vogue,Diamond,TP2,Epic
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvick2933 View Post
+1 I just tried the wifi router and it will not connect to the internet but does make a connection with the phone.

I'm sorry to say, I have no idea what's wrong. Never have tried Wifi Router on my phone. Been too scared of receiving at huge bill from Sprint. When you use Wifi Router, is it to use the phone as the source for the internet connection?.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion
Old 02-24-2010, 04:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Epic

dahoov is keeping up the good workdahoov is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstine671 View Post
I'm sorry to say, I have no idea what's wrong. Never have tried Wifi Router on my phone. Been too scared of receiving at huge bill from Sprint. When you use Wifi Router, is it to use the phone as the source for the internet connection?.
Indeed. Currently my phone is my only pipe to the internet (well, the library is an option too, but...). I also use the WiFi Router to sync my phone via my Mac, mostly for convenience as it saves cable swapping, but I was also unable to pair the two for syncing, a problem I never had before.

Edit: Wow, sorry about that run-on sentence. Maybe I should proofread better
Old 02-24-2010, 07:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

D-nice is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to D-nice
Re: (*NEW)[02-17-10]V3 Timberwolf 6.5.5 Sense 2.5 2012 (23534) MMS working - MAX 3.0

Hey jstine671, I am very grateful for your help and your Rom. I have downloaded it and I can't get enough of it. I will be checking your forums for any upgrades. First time I ever flashed and now I'm hooked. The functionality of my phone is like nite and day. I'm so thankful you know what you're doing. Thanks again.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

D-nice is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to D-nice

Hey kscawley, thanks a lot for your detailed description of how to get winrar and the other explanations you gave me. They were spot on, just the way I like to follow directions being a novice and all with flashing and everything you made everything crystal clear and for that I'm grateful. Again thanks!
Old 02-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Wolf dog master, Chef
Pocket PC: Vogue,Diamond,TP2,Epic
Threadstarter

Timberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation levelTimberwolf671 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Indeed. Currently my phone is my only pipe to the internet (well, the library is an option too, but...). I also use the WiFi Router to sync my phone via my Mac, mostly for convenience as it saves cable swapping, but I was also unable to pair the two for syncing, a problem I never had before.

Edit: Wow, sorry about that run-on sentence. Maybe I should proofread better
Read many thread about the subject , and did not find answer. I had to remove the program that did work, WMWifi Router. The program is available for download for about $20.00. You might look at NRGZ28 rom, someone reported it had Wifi Router working.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Tags
rom, theme