PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 12:26 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: sprint *evo
Carrier: metropcs-web&mms

timetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *ROM* *4/21* *S3-ROM r12* *WM6.5(21901.5.0.92)* *HTC Sense 2.5*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
yeah we all know how it is to deal with personal stuff from time to time just hope he gets things worked out. as far back as i can remember <TP1 days> deck never put out a lot of roms like the other chefs, he would rather fix the small quirks with his rom than put out something that wasn't stable. but if you want cutting edge stuff that might not be as stable there are lots of other chefs that put out new builds all the time, and for people that like flashing a lot they go with those chefs, myself i would rather have something stable and works than something cutting edge with all the latest and greatest toys. PM me if your looking for something like that and i will give you a link to a rom that is constantly updated if you like flashing all the time as i won't advertise another rom in this thread as i think it's rude and disrespectful.

well thank you for the kind words i did like the rom but i could not get the lock icon to one of the quick links and it seem like not all programs show up to be pick from i hope he will fix soon when he gets the personal problems resolved thank you deck we will be waiting and yes you can send me the link never hurts to try something new pm ok
Old 05-03-2010, 09:06 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

PM sent timetraveler.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO2 - S3-ROM r11 B2
Carrier: Sprint

rstone703 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to rstone703 Send a message via MSN to rstone703 Send a message via Yahoo to rstone703

Quote:
well I brought my TP2 with me to Iraq and stuck a local sim card in and it booted up fine and worked, but the cell service here sucks so I just took it out, I just wanted to try it out and see if it worked or not and it does. I would say that you shouldn't have any issues besides not everything on the rom would work as it does in the states, at least that's what I seen from the network here, it's a global phone with GSM and CDMA so it's made to be used on different networks just don't be disappointed like I said when everything doesn't work.
When you say somethings on the rom don't work do you mean the data updates for HTC Sense and Winmo programs that take data from the internet?
Old 05-03-2010, 06:33 PM
Android Soldier

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstone703 View Post
When you say somethings on the rom don't work do you mean the data updates for HTC Sense and Winmo programs that take data from the internet?
Well you have to realize that I said I was in Iraq and the cellphone service/reception is not the best where I'm at, but I'm sure if you're going to a country with reliable service like Germany or many of the other European countries you'll be fine, you'll just have to set-up your weather and other things that's based on location up, plus if you're getting your sim chip from someone local in that country you'll want to make sure that you ask them for all the settings for their service and make sure it works before leaving the shop, they shouldn't have any issues doing that for you. If you're going to be there a temporarily your just going to get a sim chip that you'll buy cards and add minutes to and not set-up an account like you would in the U.S., you'll be fine
Old 05-04-2010, 03:52 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: sprint *evo
Carrier: metropcs-web&mms

timetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
PM sent timetraveler.
got the link i'am on it as of now looks very good thank you
Old 05-04-2010, 02:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Achristocat is keeping up the good workAchristocat is keeping up the good work

New to this forum. Downloaded the lateset and greatest and will flash in a day or so but I have a question or two...

Loaded the ROM upgrade from Sprint and have had great sucess so far. Looked through 95% of the posts on this thread but cannot really tell what the difference is in this ROM vs. stock from Sprint except for the 3rd party baked in software like cookie home / CHT, task manager, etc. Can someone let me know what differences might exist?

I'd actually like to find a ROM without the Sprint branding, Sprint Nav, Sprint TV, NHL, Internet explorer, getting started, HTC mobile guide, etc. You know...All the bloat. If anyone knows where I might find such a beast I'd donate more than a few bucks...Thanks in advance...
Old 05-04-2010, 02:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Achristocat is keeping up the good workAchristocat is keeping up the good work

...oh, P.S. I know I can "just turn off the tabs" but one of the reasons is to free up more memory so I can put on the things I want and not keep the things I don't...Thanks!
Old 05-04-2010, 02:14 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achristocat View Post
...oh, P.S. I know I can "just turn off the tabs" but one of the reasons is to free up more memory so I can put on the things I want and not keep the things I don't...Thanks!
settings tab then personalize/homescreen tabs
Old 05-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Android Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achristocat View Post
New to this forum. Downloaded the lateset and greatest and will flash in a day or so but I have a question or two...

Loaded the ROM upgrade from Sprint and have had great sucess so far. Looked through 95% of the posts on this thread but cannot really tell what the difference is in this ROM vs. stock from Sprint except for the 3rd party baked in software like cookie home / CHT, task manager, etc. Can someone let me know what differences might exist?

I'd actually like to find a ROM without the Sprint branding, Sprint Nav, Sprint TV, NHL, Internet explorer, getting started, HTC mobile guide, etc. You know...All the bloat. If anyone knows where I might find such a beast I'd donate more than a few bucks...Thanks in advance...
well I can't tell you every single thing that is different between this and the Official Sprint Rom, but feel free to read the first couple posts on the first page of this thread and you can compare them. This rom totally kicks butt compared to the official rom as far as speed and looks/cleanliness, but this rom has all the stuff that your saying you dont want because you want more free ram, well why dont you just try this rom out and see how you like it and there is quit a bit of free ram left over after flashing even with all the stuff it has in it, no idea what to tell you if you dont like this rom besides your going to be hard pressed to find another one that's as good looking and as stable.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

qper is keeping up the good workqper is keeping up the good work

Will this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=666636 2.5 theme work on r12 with sprint?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development