PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 03:22 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *ROM* *3/9* *S3-ROM r10* *WM6.5(21895.5.0.90)* *HTC Sense 2.5*

well i thought about this and thought that it was a little disrespectful to come into another chef's thread and advertise another rom, it's not like we all don't look around on ppcgeek and look at all the different roms to see what's new or different between roms when we are bored, but that's a good thing as everything must be working with your current rom and you can tell that from the thread being so quiet, i'm sure deck is up to something with not being around and things are quiet, so deck if your around give us a little peak into what your working on.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

unkellsam is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
well i thought about this and thought that it was a little disrespectful to come into another chef's thread and advertise another rom, it's not like we all don't look around on ppcgeek and look at all the different roms to see what's new or different between roms when we are bored, but that's a good thing as everything must be working with your current rom and you can tell that from the thread being so quiet, i'm sure deck is up to something with not being around and things are quiet, so deck if your around give us a little peak into what your working on.

Cooking roms is all voluntary, and the chefs do it to help out others. The whole point is to get the best phone experience possible. If another user has a better experience with another rom, I would like to hear about it - I'm sure Deck would like to hear about it as well so that he can learn from it and top it. Personally, I don't have time to go around and try every other rom or read other threads and I doubt the chefs do either.

I would agree with you if this were for profit and somebody was advertising another product on this page, that would be stealing business, but it's not. Deck doesn't gain anything from you or me downloading his rom, he's generous enough to spend time and effort sharing his great work with the world. All we can offer him is our support in his quest to be the best, and part of that is sharing awareness of arguably better roms so that he can surpass them.

-
Old 03-16-2010, 07:30 PM
Android Soldier

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

well i do agree that what he does he does for free and is voluntary it's still not cool to advertise someone elses rom in a different thread, we can both talk about pro's and con's to it, but really deck has the final say since he is the threadstarter, and i'm sure he's not worried about what others do or put into their roms he builds his roms like he wants first and then takes requests out of kindness and i'm certain that he keeps up with what's new and updated as he does updates frequently. i'm not trying to argue or say you're wrong and i'm right i just think it makes it harder for new people to the rom to find information about what's going on if the thread is full of off topic chatter, so don't take it the wrong way i'm just trying to do what i would want someone to say if i was the chef of a rom in my thread, so to take my own advice i won't discuss this anymore in the thread, have a good day sir.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Dorenda is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Dorenda Send a message via MSN to Dorenda Send a message via Yahoo to Dorenda

So I am guessing that no one else is having a problem with the taskmanager. Mine just doesn't show up anymore...
Old 03-17-2010, 10:57 AM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
come on...got respect..??!!

NUFF SAID
Wow........Um Yeah didnt mean to make you angry guy. It was just a suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkellsam View Post
I don't think that was disrespectful, I actually appreciate it when people talk about other roms to compare - its an idea exchange. The nuff said part was pretty cheezy though.

=
Well at least someone seen that it wasnt meant as a disrespect move. Yeah I agree the Nuff Said part was just the ****iness in me. I agree...couldve left that out.

Quote:
Okay, so do you find it disrespectful when people suggest other themes, taskbars, apps, etc.?? I mean the ROM comes cooked with all that the chef prepares right? So wouldnt that be disrespectful if you or anyone else suggested trying out something better? Or different?? My point is that I was not trying to be disrespectful by any means. Just was flashing ROMs and happen to flash this one and IMO...let me add...not to be "disrespectful" I found that I personally had a little better experience with another ROM. I would find it disrespectful if I came in here and trashed this ROM or the Chef, but I didnt. I didnt have anything bad to say about the ROM at all. I was giving a suggestion out of my own experience. Sorry I came off a little ****y and it may have come off as disrespectful to some of you. I know how it is to find a Chef's work that you love and then someone "suggest" something better or different. In my case was Mighty Mike. If someone (or a couple ppl) had not popped into his project thread and said hey Mr. X 2.5 ROM is the best ROM out by far....then I would never have known to try it. So in all I do apologize to those who took my comment the wrong way. Im pretty sure Deck knows there is competition and any great Chef wouldnt feel disrespected by someone suggesting a different ROM in his or her thread. They would simply rise to the occasion and prepare a feast. Again my apologies for sounding ****y. Didnt mean to get you all upset.

Quote:
Cooking roms is all voluntary, and the chefs do it to help out others. The whole point is to get the best phone experience possible. If another user has a better experience with another rom, I would like to hear about it - I'm sure Deck would like to hear about it as well so that he can learn from it and top it. Personally, I don't have time to go around and try every other rom or read other threads and I doubt the chefs do either.

I would agree with you if this were for profit and somebody was advertising another product on this page, that would be stealing business, but it's not. Deck doesn't gain anything from you or me downloading his rom, he's generous enough to spend time and effort sharing his great work with the world. All we can offer him is our support in his quest to be the best, and part of that is sharing awareness of arguably better roms so that he can surpass them.

-
Very well said my friend. The optimism. The open mindedness. That is what this SITE is for. To learn and you cant learn by being closed minded.

Quote:
well i do agree that what he does he does for free and is voluntary it's still not cool to advertise someone elses rom in a different thread, we can both talk about pro's and con's to it, but really deck has the final say since he is the threadstarter, and i'm sure he's not worried about what others do or put into their roms he builds his roms like he wants first and then takes requests out of kindness and i'm certain that he keeps up with what's new and updated as he does updates frequently. i'm not trying to argue or say you're wrong and i'm right i just think it makes it harder for new people to the rom to find information about what's going on if the thread is full of off topic chatter, so don't take it the wrong way i'm just trying to do what i would want someone to say if i was the chef of a rom in my thread, so to take my own advice i won't discuss this anymore in the thread, have a good day sir.
Wow....yeah maybe you should really lighten up bro. Its really not that serious. This thread is a small addition to the SITE. And this SITE is used to help others in finding the most information about all the other threads, Chefs, ROMS, etc. Deck has been around for a pretty long time and Im pretty sure this is not the first time someone has came into his thread and mentioned another Chef and their work. As far as new users....there are a lot of ROMS cooked and a lot of different Chefs and a new user may not have time to flash them all...or even know where to start. So if another user suggests something then that will give those new users some insight in what everybody is talking about and or using in terms of ROMS etc. The objective here is to learn bro. But I will do you and some of the other ppl in this uptight thread a favor and just keep my 2 cents....because its obvious that some of you do not want change. Me on the other hand am going off to venture and learn. So on that note gentlemen...and gentle ladies...Im off to another thread to chat. Maybe one that doesnt have some guy with a stick in his butt trying to find something to argue over....DUECES!!

Last edited by youngpro83; 03-17-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:59 AM
Android Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorenda View Post
So I am guessing that no one else is having a problem with the taskmanager. Mine just doesn't show up anymore...
I would say that it is caused by something you have installed as mine is working just fine and i have not seen anyone else say that they are having the same issue, that's why i always add one cab at a time, soft reset and then check the phone over to see if it broke anything and if not then i move onto the next cab until all are installed. only thing i can suggest is to uninstall all of your cabs and then readd them one by one and see which one is breaking the task manager.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:45 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
come on...got respect..??!!

NUFF SAID

STOP THE NONSENSE......these are voluntary not for sale...

Quote:

-
Well said....

YP IMHO nothing wrong with what you said all you did was make another suggestion for a op that named like 5 other roms besides this one...I would not worry about it at all....

Deck sorry to off topic in your thread......keep up the great work...
Old 03-17-2010, 11:48 AM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post

Well said....

YP IMHO nothing wrong with what you said all you did was make another suggestion for a op that named like 5 other roms besides this one...I would not worry about it at all....

Deck sorry to off topic in your thread......keep up the great work...
Flyers I love you man! Your always keeping the peace...+1 on the apologies to Deck and the off topic nonsense!
Old 03-17-2010, 03:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint - SimplyEverything

tgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to tgmuhammad Send a message via AIM to tgmuhammad Send a message via MSN to tgmuhammad Send a message via Yahoo to tgmuhammad

Can't we all just get along???? Lol
"If I've shared info that was helpful 2 U, it's always nice 2 get a Thank You!"
Old 03-17-2010, 05:35 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
Wow........Um Yeah didnt mean to make you angry guy. It was just a suggestion.
never said i was angry...but the way your post came off, to me, was disrespectful. could of been the 'nuff said' part that made it seem ...

its not like i stay in this thread only cuz i use this rom, i scroll threw all the other threads to see if theres sumthin else i might like but i dont go in that thread, decide i dont like what they have done to the rom (imo) and post "aye, seems like you really need to check out s3 roms!" oh yea ", nuff said". but i do that outta respect, if i dont like it or think theres better, i keep it 2 myself, after all its my opinion. besides theres plenty of the 'whats the best rom threads' floatin all over this section.

and agian IMO, the reason i dont flash/like mr x roms...is he themes them, taskbar, sense, etc. i like the rom to have a STOCK feel, so i can customize, so im not limited. also i believe i read mr x disables htc messaging?? (could be wrong bout that) but i like the htc messaging, so that agian is not my cup a tea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
so i started 2 write up a response...then desided to cut it short n sweet. THERE WAS NO NONSENSE IN MY POST.....neva said they were 4 sale...

if you wanna know my opinion, read above your quote. i know hes your boy (in mr x thread) but I THINK youngpro can handle himself and he responded respectfully and i in turn did the same.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development