PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 05:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: telus

aftermath66 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *ROM* *2/14* *S3-ROM r8.5* *WM6.5(21892.5.0.89)* *Rhodium Sense 2.5*

Hey guy im new to flashing so please dont mind this noob question. So I have hard spl's my htc touch pro 2 and have installed the energy rom which I absolutly hate. I want to try tyhe sss-rom so Ive downloaded it to my storage card flashed it sucessfully but Im still have the energy rom on my phone its like nothing happend.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

kre8ve is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to kre8ve
Smile Re: *ROM* *2/14* *S3-ROM r8.5* *WM6.5(21892.5.0.89)* *Rhodium Sense 2.5*

Quote:
Originally Posted by aftermath66 View Post
Hey guy im new to flashing so please dont mind this noob question. So I have hard spl's my htc touch pro 2 and have installed the energy rom which I absolutly hate. I want to try tyhe sss-rom so Ive downloaded it to my storage card flashed it sucessfully but Im still have the energy rom on my phone its like nothing happend.

It didn't install via the SD card if you still have the Energy ROM.. Do a HARD RESET and re-flash. If you still have theEnergy rom after following these steps then I suggest you flash via the PC through the RUU.

Hope that helps...
Old 02-16-2010, 07:12 PM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aftermath66 View Post
Make sure that ur sdcard is formatted to Fat 32.Not Fat or anything else,only FAT 32.then download the Decks S3 R8 rom to ur computers harddrive,then use Winzip to extract the nbh file,the rom,and then copy it to the root of your sdcard.then rename the nbh.file to RHODIMG and then try to flash again.1st put the sdcard with the new rom labeled as RHODIMG into the phone that u want to flash the rom to. 2nd enter bootloader mode,(phone off,hold down volume button and then hold down the power button until the tri-color bootloader screen opens)and if the sdcard is good and formatted correctly and since the sdcard is already in the phone a few seconds after the phone enters bootloader mode it should recognize the new rom on the sdcard then the screen should say To Update Press the Power Button and Press Cancel to quit.If it wont exit the bootloader screen and the bottom of the screen says,Serial,then the phone did not recognize the nbh.file on the sdcard.if after all that and it still wont flash then u probably have a bad sdcard.hey it happens more than u think.I have a ton of old xtra sdcards that range from 512MB-16GB.and i hav 3 different 1GB sdcards that were originally formatted to Fat.A few months later when i got my first HTC Vogue i took that 1GB sdcard and reformatted it to Fat 32 and then i flashed the rom i wanted to it and everything seemed fine,but when i went to flash the phone would not recognize that the rom/nbh.file was on the sdcard.i tried it several different time with no luck.so i took a new sdcard that came formatted to Fat32,from the factory,and used the same copy of the rom stored on my computer to extract the nbh file/rom to the new sdcard and then went thru the same flashing steps and this time it worked perfectly.So if u are absolutely certain that u are flashing from the sdcard the right way then maybe ur sdcard is just gone bad.all 3 of the 1 GB sdcards that i have that wont flash roms will still work in a phone to store cab/zip files and install cab/zip files from them with no problm.If ur still having problems just go to the top of the TP2 forums and read the, how to flash from an sdcard post.Oh yah,ive had the best luck when flashing from an sdcard if the sdcard is 2GB or smaller.I prefer the 2GB Sandisc SDcards personally.i have 4 of the 2GB sdcards i flash with for the use of flashing my old Vogue,Touch Pro,and Touch Pro 2.Each sdcard has probly been used to flash a rom 20 times each and on different roms/phones .and they all still work great.but thats all i use them for is flashing
Old 02-16-2010, 08:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

TP1085 is becoming a great contributor

so maybe this exists and im not sure where in the rom, but is there a way to have a home screen icon that locks the phone? ive seen it randomly in screenshots, but i dont know how to do it.
thanks!
Old 02-17-2010, 06:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

oldgarfield is keeping up the good workoldgarfield is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcary View Post
Make sure that ur sdcard is formatted to Fat 32.Not Fat or anything else,only FAT 32. Then download the Decks S3 R8 rom to ur computers harddrive,then use Winzip to extract the nbh file,the rom,and then copy it to the root of your sdcard. then rename the nbh.file to RHODIMG and then try to flash again.

1st put the sdcard with the new rom labeled as RHODIMG into the phone that u want to flash the rom to.

2nd enter bootloader mode,(phone off,hold down volume button and then hold down the power button until the tri-color bootloader screen opens), and if the sdcard is good and formatted correctly and since the sdcard is already in the phone a few seconds after the phone enters bootloader mode it should recognize the new rom on the sdcard

then the screen should say To Update Press the Power Button and Press Cancel to quit. If it wont exit the bootloader screen and the bottom of the screen says,Serial,then the phone did not recognize the nbh.file on the sdcard.

if after all that and it still wont flash then u probably have a bad sdcard.hey it happens more than u think.I have a ton of old xtra sdcards that range from 512MB-16GB.

and i hav 3 different 1GB sdcards that were originally formatted to Fat.A few months later when i got my first HTC Vogue i took that 1GB sdcard and reformatted it to Fat 32 and then i flashed the rom i wanted to it and everything seemed fine,but when i went to flash the phone would not recognize that the rom/nbh.file was on the sdcard.

i tried it several different time with no luck.so i took a new sdcard that came formatted to Fat32,from the factory,and used the same copy of the rom stored on my computer to extract the nbh file/rom to the new sdcard and then went thru the same flashing steps and this time it worked perfectly.

So if u are absolutely certain that u are flashing from the sdcard the right way then maybe ur sdcard is just gone bad.all 3 of the 1 GB sdcards that i have that wont flash roms will still work in a phone to store cab/zip files and install cab/zip files from them with no problm.

If ur still having problems just go to the top of the TP2 forums and read the, how to flash from an sdcard post.Oh yah,ive had the best luck when flashing from an sdcard if the sdcard is 2GB or smaller.I prefer the 2GB Sandisc SDcards personally

i have 4 of the 2GB sdcards i flash with for the use of flashing my old Vogue,Touch Pro,and Touch Pro 2.Each sdcard has probly been used to flash a rom 20 times each and on different roms/phones .and they all still work great.but thats all i use them for is flashing
Your post is very informative. But maybe using more paragraphs would make it even better LOL.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Dont forget to remove, rename, or overwrite the previous "RHODIMG" file on the root of your sd card or you will be flashing the same rom as before...
Old 02-17-2010, 12:43 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP1085 View Post
so maybe this exists and im not sure where in the rom, but is there a way to have a home screen icon that locks the phone? ive seen it randomly in screenshots, but i dont know how to do it.
thanks!
You can goa few diff routes there bud. No there isn't a lock shortcut that you can add to quicklinks. BUT you can create it easily.....

you can use maxtheme maker to change leftSoftkey to Lock after you install LockDevice1.6. OR you can just install LockDevice 1.6 and it can be set to auto lock every time the screen goes to sleep so you don't need a quicklink or softkey OR you can add it to a shortlink as it will have it's own icon that can be added there, the icon sucks though so I would use another by chaging it with reStart. Then you can change the settings to only lock when you hit the quicklink rather than every time the device goes to sleep. This is how I run it. All LockDevice does is control the WM locker giving you more options. MaxTheme maker gives you MANY options including making the taskbars match the wallpapers like HD Walls, changing softkeys, etc. and I can confirm it works on S3 r8.5.

LockDevice: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...8&d=1263782277
MaxTheme: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1254636030

Attched are some Lock Icons I FOUND...not sure who made them so I can't give proper credit but I DID NOT make them and am taking no credit for that. Just sharing.

Should be all ya need!! YW!
Attached Images
File Type: png startlock.png (3.8 KB, 29 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: png Start_Icon_Lock.png (9.1 KB, 31 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:50 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgarfield View Post
Your post is very informative. But maybe using more paragraphs would make it even better LOL.
True that! Or just Link the SD flashing Sticky.......jk,lol....good info.

BTW I flash from an 8gb that I used back in my TP1 days. All I did was format it right out of the package and I have flashed prob a thousand ROMS since with no issue. I keep some on the SD root just renamed by adding to the RHODIMG like RHODIMGs3.nbh, AND I have a subfolder full of other folders. I prob have 10-15 ROMs on my card at any given time because I forget to erase them or think I may jump back. I never use the PC anymore. I dl from the device alotof times so I just extract with Pocket RAR, and flash away.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2
Carrier: Verizon - not by my choice!

mbjr is becoming a great contributor

Is anyone else still getting the SOD on 8.5? It's killing me. love the ROM but I am getting regular SOD's now. Is there a fix or how soon will r9 be announced? Not knocking the ROM Deck, love it and am willing to put up with it, just a little frustrating. I actually drilled a hole in my case today so I don't have to keep removing the cover to reset .
Old 02-17-2010, 01:31 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbjr View Post
Is anyone else still getting the SOD on 8.5? It's killing me. love the ROM but I am getting regular SOD's now. Is there a fix or how soon will r9 be announced? Not knocking the ROM Deck, love it and am willing to put up with it, just a little frustrating. I actually drilled a hole in my case today so I don't have to keep removing the cover to reset .
I had r8.5 on mine(2.5 days of heavy use, using another ROM now though) and my wifes device (since the release and still on it, fair amount of use, she refuses to try anything else till r9 she loves r8.5 that much)...... 0 SOD for either of us so far. Weird......

I thought about drillin a hole just because I flash so much......NOT due to Sleep Of Death. There is a dude sellin custom covers dyed and drilled so this must be a trend.....
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development