PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 03:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

TP1085 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *ROM* *2/14* *S3-ROM r8.5* *WM6.5(21892.5.0.89)* *Rhodium Sense 2.5*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
You can goa few diff routes there bud. No there isn't a lock shortcut that you can add to quicklinks. BUT you can create it easily.....

you can use maxtheme maker to change leftSoftkey to Lock after you install LockDevice1.6. OR you can just install LockDevice 1.6 and it can be set to auto lock every time the screen goes to sleep so you don't need a quicklink or softkey OR you can add it to a shortlink as it will have it's own icon that can be added there, the icon sucks though so I would use another by chaging it with reStart. Then you can change the settings to only lock when you hit the quicklink rather than every time the device goes to sleep. This is how I run it. All LockDevice does is control the WM locker giving you more options. MaxTheme maker gives you MANY options including making the taskbars match the wallpapers like HD Walls, changing softkeys, etc. and I can confirm it works on S3 r8.5.

LockDevice: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...8&d=1263782277
MaxTheme: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1254636030

Attched are some Lock Icons I FOUND...not sure who made them so I can't give proper credit but I DID NOT make them and am taking no credit for that. Just sharing.

Should be all ya need!! YW!
Wow, thanks so much for the response...it all sounds good. I actually had LockDevice installed for a little while, but it seemed to be causing problems (freezing) but maybe I'll try it again if you say its working for you. My only question is what is "ReStart"? I'd like to use one of the icons you posted, just didnt know what to use to do it.

Thanks!
Old 02-17-2010, 03:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2
Carrier: Verizon - not by my choice!

mbjr is becoming a great contributor

Well I just went through the flash dance, stock...hard reset...hard reset...sss r8.5...hard reset...hard reset...install everything. Hopefully problem resolved??? will report back with SOD issues.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:02 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP1085 View Post
Wow, thanks so much for the response...it all sounds good. I actually had LockDevice installed for a little while, but it seemed to be causing problems (freezing) but maybe I'll try it again if you say its working for you. My only question is what is "ReStart"? I'd like to use one of the icons you posted, just didnt know what to use to do it.

Thanks!
My bad shoulda added that. Get reStart here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...7&d=1256963709

There is a thread in the software forum here, or Showaco has a thread for it at XDA, he created it. I only use it for changing icons because TC does a better job and IMO is easer for moving things around.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:04 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbjr View Post
Well I just went through the flash dance, stock...hard reset...hard reset...sss r8.5...hard reset...hard reset...install everything. Hopefully problem resolved??? will report back with SOD issues.
No you shouldn't.....cause there shouldn't be any!!! But please do if it does happen. The flash dance with dub HRs is the best way to find out fo sho.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Had to flash to a different ROM on account of crazy battery drain, beyond the above average usage of a just flashed ROM. I lost 60% in 2 hours with the phone doing nothing but sitting in my pocket. My data connection would not disconnect or go idle, phone just got hot felt like I had my TP1 again. I didn't install anything I don't normally, could have just been a weird quirk. Happened to anyone else?
Old 02-17-2010, 04:12 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCotta View Post
Had to flash to a different ROM on account of crazy battery drain, beyond the above average usage of a just flashed ROM. I lost 60% in 2 hours with the phone doing nothing but sitting in my pocket. My data connection would not disconnect or go idle, phone just got hot felt like I had my TP1 again. I didn't install anything I don't normally, could have just been a weird quirk. Happened to anyone else?
NOOOO WAAYYY! This ROM has had some great batt life for me ALWAYS. I haven't lost that much batt in that situation with other ROMs I consider batt hogs.... I have never drained that much, that fast with power use on this ROM.....including DL'n ROMs from ppcgeeks.com, while surfin Opera and sending sms..... I would think that there was some weird fluke. Maybe the flash jig is needed.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

anand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
def do a flash dance ... deck def made some battery mods in v7 and v8.5 i noticed from v5 ... i go 12 hours with the phone sitting in my pocket and only lose 10-15%.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:23 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
My bad shoulda added that. Get reStart here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...7&d=1256963709

There is a thread in the software forum here, or Showaco has a thread for it at XDA, he created it. I only use it for changing icons because TC does a better job and IMO is easer for moving things around.
i used to use reStart too, but then i found out bout CSMI (change start menu icons) and i find it so much better and more finger friendly. i didnt like the small drop down box on restart (found it hard to hit the right folder at times) dont know if restart had an option to reset each icon but csmi does and did i say its more finger friendly... the only thing it cant do as restart did is move lnk.s to folders...but you should do that in resco or tc cuz its much faster anyways.

edit; oh yea its on xda, im too lazy to link it so you can search if you want

Last edited by kjhadfield; 02-17-2010 at 04:26 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:29 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
i used to use reStart too, but then i found out bout CSMI (change start menu icons) and i find it so much better and more finger friendly. i didnt like the small drop down box on restart (found it hard to hit the right folder at times) dont know if restart had an option to reset each icon but csmi does and did i say its more finger friendly... the only thing it cant do as restart did is move lnk.s to folders...but you should do that in resco or tc cuz its much faster anyways.

edit; oh yea its on xda, im too lazy to link it so you can search if you want
I'll check er out. reStart is buggy and showaco only release it as a beta and stopped developing it....at least last I checked....
Old 02-17-2010, 04:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

ckeegan is keeping up the good workckeegan is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Same issue here, but haven't flashed a new ROM yet.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development