PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 01:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *ROM* *2/2* *SsS-ROM r5* *WM6.5(21890.5.0.88)* *Topaz Sense 2.5 Final*

Hey deck one of the Tethering registry entries should be changed Fyi for reliable tethering.

HKLM\Comm\Internet Sharing\Settings\ForceCellConnection

The key should be set to Sprint or just deleted in its entirety. It currently is set to Phone as Modem which causes the remote party disconnect errors, or often hangs on waiting for network.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i checked the first page but cant scroll down the packages list.

anyone let me know wether this ROM is XDAUC compliant?
And is this manila sourced from a native 480x800 pocketpc?
Old 02-03-2010, 01:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

353Entertainment is keeping up the good work353Entertainment is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcary View Post
ive been using Decks SsS series roms ever since SsS R1 on my TP2.and ever since maxy updated his maxmanilla pkg to include landscape ive used maxmanilla on Decks SsS roms with no problms and virtually no noticeable lag or speed slowdown at all.but with the new updated SsS R5 rom none of the versions of maxmanilla are compatible.i like maxmanilla 2.82 the best & the newest maxmanila,2.9,isnt compatible eithr. most of the cab/zip files i used with the SsS R2 sense 2.5.1922XX.X are compatible with the new SsS R5 rom using the new updated Sense 2.5.20XXX.X. but i hav found a cpl of my themes cabs and maxmanilla cabs that arent compatible with the new R5 rom.im almost certain its bcuz of the new updated switch from sense from 2.5.1922XX.X to the updated Sense 2.5.20XXX.X. will anyone else post any cab/zip files they find arent compatible with the new updated SsS R5 rom,build 21890, with Sense 2.5.20XXXX.X. and post any new or updated cab/zip files that are made for or compatible with the new updated version of Sense 2.5.20XXXX.X.i mostly just want an updated maxmanilla cab that is compatible with the new Sense 2.5.20XXXX.X, but i wouldnt mind finding a few new or updated cab/zip files to add to my collection. Thanks to everyone who can help me find new or updated cab/zip files that are compatible with the new version of Sense 2.5.2XXXX.X.
Yea, MaxManilla is not compatible yet....I thought I read somewhere that they were working on it...(I could be wrong though)....look out for an update in the Themes and Software thread....
Old 02-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimoss View Post
i checked the first page but cant scroll down the packages list.

anyone let me know wether this ROM is XDAUC compliant?
And is this manila sourced from a native 480x800 pocketpc?
No it is not XDAUC compliant, It has been stated numerous times in this thread the reason behind it is because Deck doesn't want to include mortscript in his roms (I agree he shouldn't).

Yes the Manila is from a Final Topaz build, the Topaz is WVGA.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

R5 is the first SsS ROM i've tried and i'm liking it so far. I have a couple questions... I know there's a way to make 3 columns into 4 or 5 in the start menu, but is there a way to revert back to 3?? Also, i should be able to tether without any fees sniping me out of no where, right (on sprint)? like has the fix already been cooked in or do i need to install it myself? noone reporting about getting fined with past builds? ever since the news that people were getting charged acouple months back i've been kinda worried about switching to other ROMs. Thanks!
Old 02-03-2010, 02:08 PM
N00b

killher is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
These cabs mess up the notifications page when you click on the top taskbar that brings it up.....
Regarding taskbars, I use "CDMA_BilboBrian_TaskBar" (going to have to search for it as I can't post links yet). It does not mess up notifications.

Edit to include link to it (now that I've reached 10 posts!):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=562251

You want the link to rapidshare for "CMDA Link":
http://rapidshare.com/files/28746571...an_TaskBar.cab

Last edited by killher; 02-03-2010 at 02:13 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

thanks for the response, I'll be using Decks Rom for the next few days and week if it goes well.

Mort script in ROMS i can see the concerns, now i know the hd2 topaz and tp2 are all wvga i guess what i should of asked was is the Topaz a 3.6in screen like the tp2
Old 02-03-2010, 02:10 PM
N00b

killher is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartisall View Post
You can turn off just the homescreen animation very easily. On the Home screen hit menu then hit home wallpaper. Choose animated wallpaper, it will pop up the album saying there is nothing to display. Hit albums then hit all and select any of your normal wallpaper. Honestly I do this every time it just speeds up the entire device, I love the animations but not for the cost in performance.
Thanks for that tip. I just assumed that turning it off there turned it off everywhere, but you are right. Turning it off there still leaves it on for the weather screen itself. Poifect!
Old 02-03-2010, 02:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimoss View Post
thanks for the response, I'll be using Decks Rom for the next few days and week if it goes well.

Mort script in ROMS i can see the concerns, now i know the hd2 topaz and tp2 are all wvga i guess what i should of asked was is the Topaz a 3.6in screen like the tp2
No the Topaz is the Diamond2 which came with a 3.2 inch screen. However the new manila build is amazingly fast. Btw theres is a button to say thanks
Old 02-03-2010, 02:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
R5 is the first SsS ROM i've tried and i'm liking it so far. I have a couple questions... I know there's a way to make 3 columns into 4 or 5 in the start menu, but is there a way to revert back to 3?? Also, i should be able to tether without any fees sniping me out of no where, right (on sprint)? like has the fix already been cooked in or do i need to install it myself? noone reporting about getting fined with past builds? ever since the news that people were getting charged acouple months back i've been kinda worried about switching to other ROMs. Thanks!
There is a cab to go back to the 3 row start menu I don't have it offhand I will see if I can find it, This is a tethering safe rom, Deck stated that a couple pages back. If I were you I would change the registry entry I posted at the top of this page though it makes for much more reliable tethering.

Edit: Found the cab.
Attached Files
File Type: cab 3 rowstart.cab (3.9 KB, 14 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by heartisall; 02-03-2010 at 02:28 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development