PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2010, 10:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *ROM* *2/2* *SsS-ROM r5* *WM6.5(21890.5.0.88)* *Topaz Sense 2.5 Final*

I've been running the stock rom with just the cabs I wanted, to make it look the way I wanted. I wanted speed, reliability and stability.

After finding your rom, I finally decided to flash my first rom on this phone. I had several different roms on my 6800, but never was as happy as I was with one of the earlier DCD roms that I had.

After using this rom for one day, all I can is that it blows....MY MIND!!! This rom is just completely awesome, your hard work is really apparent in this rom.

Last edited by bobturismo; 02-05-2010 at 10:59 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint - SimplyEverything

tgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to tgmuhammad Send a message via AIM to tgmuhammad Send a message via MSN to tgmuhammad Send a message via Yahoo to tgmuhammad

Does anyone know how to disable the notification pop-ups? or will I have to do a registry edit?
"If I've shared info that was helpful 2 U, it's always nice 2 get a Thank You!"
Old 02-05-2010, 10:42 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmuhammad View Post
Does anyone know how to disable the notification pop-ups? or will I have to do a registry edit?
sure, start, settings, sounds & notifications. go to each notification you want to change and uncheck "display on the screen".
Old 02-05-2010, 10:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

tek818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartek818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartek818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmuhammad View Post
start, settings, sound & notifications, notifications tab, event drop-down list. You'll see "Messaging: New text message", etc.. simply uncheck "Display message on screen" for the event which you do not wish to display them. I usually turn them off for email and sms, but leave them on for missed calls and voicemail
Old 02-05-2010, 10:48 PM
carvation

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

finally , a 2.5 i can use thanks deck so far so good
Old 02-05-2010, 10:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Hero

rodcpierce is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to rodcpierce Send a message via Yahoo to rodcpierce

deck, now get the mms issue figured out dude!
Old 02-05-2010, 10:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

tek818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartek818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartek818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodcpierce View Post
deck, now get the mms issue figured out dude!
If you only knew how hard he has tried to get MMS working. Dug through a dump of the Sprint HTC Hero for hours to see if we could find anything useful, registry digging, Sprint tech support begging, etc...
Old 02-05-2010, 11:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Hero

rodcpierce is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to rodcpierce Send a message via Yahoo to rodcpierce

is there an arcsoft that will work with this rom? I had arcsoft isntalled but everytime i went to send a text and slide the keyboard out, it would freeze.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Skroll79 is a n00b
Re: Verizon Cab & *228

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpadaddict View Post
Greetings deck and others,

Thank you for this ROM deck, I finally did it and crossed to the other side . It feels GREAT!!!. I do have a few small (dumb) questions.

1. I assume with any flashed ROM that *228 for Vzw to program the phone is now useless right? Sorry for the extremely dumb question. New to this .

2. What is the purpose of the Verizon cab file in post #1?

3. When trying to take a MMS video. It gives me an "unable to capture video. disk full" Is this a bug or did i missed something? I did set up the new VZW acct as instructed in the first post. Also when receiving a new video mms it plays as a slide show...weird! MMS pic works fine.

Thank you for your help! ROM is great. Can't sleep, so freaking excited!

I am sorry if the answer is posted and I could not find it. I did try searching for it but did not come up with anything. I am new to this whole thing and have the same question; what is the Verizon Cab on the original post intended to do? (I have a Vz TP2.) I am looking to flash my first ROM but I am just starting out and reading up first. Thanks.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:56 AM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

for the most part it will properly map your verizon keyboard keys to the rom, a verizon tp2 is a rhodium500 which has a different keyboard layout than a sprint tp2 (rhodium400)...as well as set mms settings and perhaps a few specific internet settings and such, just do it

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development