PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 02:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

Titanas is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *ROM* *2/2* *SsS-ROM r5* *WM6.5(21890.5.0.88)* *Topaz Sense 2.5 Final*

The only odd thing I have noticed is when I open a text message with the HTC messaging then close it, everything starts to lag. Other than that everything about this ROM is amazing. This was my first flash on my Verizon TP2 and damn this is so much better than the crap upgrade Verizon put out.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by killher View Post
So I've noticed this in R2, R4 and now R5. But what is odd is that the wiper (or any weather animation slowdown) only occurs on the Home screen with a custom background. The wiper is just perfect on the weather screen even though it too has a non-default/black background. What's even more odd is that on the weather screen, the wiper animation occurs perfectly and you can see your background from start to finish. On the Home screen, the wiper animation starts with a black background and then the custom background fades in during the considerably slowed animation.

I don't have a solution, I'm just reporting my experience to see if any of the more skilled people here can derive the problem out of it after confirming with others. The only thought I had is there a way to specifically disable the weather animation on the Home screen, but leave it on for the weather screen?
I doubt it has to do with my specific background, but if it is useful I'm simply using the jpg named "HTC_stwater_480_800" found in the windows dir. Same background on all pages.
You can turn off just the homescreen animation very easily. On the Home screen hit menu then hit home wallpaper. Choose animated wallpaper, it will pop up the album saying there is nothing to display. Hit albums then hit all and select any of your normal wallpaper. Honestly I do this every time it just speeds up the entire device, I love the animations but not for the cost in performance.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: VZW

dpadaddict is a n00b
Verizon Cab & *228

Greetings deck and others,

Thank you for this ROM deck, I finally did it and crossed to the other side . It feels GREAT!!!. I do have a few small (dumb) questions.

1. I assume with any flashed ROM that *228 for Vzw to program the phone is now useless right? Sorry for the extremely dumb question. New to this .

2. What is the purpose of the Verizon cab file in post #1?

3. When trying to take a MMS video. It gives me an "unable to capture video. disk full" Is this a bug or did i missed something? I did set up the new VZW acct as instructed in the first post. Also when receiving a new video mms it plays as a slide show...weird! MMS pic works fine.

Thank you for your help! ROM is great. Can't sleep, so freaking excited!

Last edited by dpadaddict; 02-03-2010 at 03:57 AM. Reason: added #3
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: THE BIG RED

skruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Verizon Cab & *228

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpadaddict View Post
Greetings deck and others,

Thank you for this ROM deck, I finally did it and crossed to the other side . It feels GREAT!!!. I do have two small (dumb) questions.

2. What is the purpose of the Verizon cab file in post #1?
do feel dumb i was wondering the same thing
Old 02-03-2010, 06:30 AM
carvation

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: *ROM* *2/1* *SsS-ROM r4* *WM6.5(21890.5.0.88)* *Topaz Sense 2.5 Final*

Quote:
Originally Posted by xs2k View Post
2.5 is just not worth it for the slow speed.
dont mind it being a little slow, except when i dial to make a phone call i need it to be reliable

so far 2.5 never gave me that
Old 02-03-2010, 07:14 AM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: *ROM* *2/1* *SsS-ROM r4* *WM6.5(21890.5.0.88)* *Topaz Sense 2.5 Final*

Quote:
Originally Posted by xs2k View Post
2.5 is just not worth it for the slow speed.
This build is fast and it looks great...
Old 02-03-2010, 07:58 AM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

fast mirror

http://psykiroms.com/t0mmyr/tp2/cdma...SsS-ROM-r5.rar

Old 02-03-2010, 09:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

XxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on repXxXViRuSXxX is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ANOTHER FAST MIRROR

http://colab.alexauv.com/ROMS/SSSrom/SsS-ROM-r5.rar

Old 02-03-2010, 09:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2
Carrier: Verizon - not by my choice!

mbjr is becoming a great contributor

LOVE the ROM, but I have one problem I was hoping to get help with. I have tried install a couple different taskbar's with no luck, they break to phone and require a restore (thank god I backed up first). Only half the icons show and it disables my start menu as well as slows the phone to a crawl. Is there any approved taskbar mod's for the rom?
Old 02-03-2010, 09:53 AM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbjr View Post
LOVE the ROM, but I have one problem I was hoping to get help with. I have tried install a couple different taskbar's with no luck, they break to phone and require a restore (thank god I backed up first). Only half the icons show and it disables my start menu as well as slows the phone to a crawl. Is there any approved taskbar mod's for the rom?
I use Gadgets
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development