PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 05:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

unkellsam is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *ROM* *12/29* *SsS-ROM r2* *WM6.5(21887.5.0.86)* *LEO Sense 2.5 with LANDSCAPE*

I wish someone knowledgeable could make one cab file that would take care of all the steps above and include arcsoft as well as all the registry tweaks and server settings. That would probably save a lot of time and confusion.

Going through the steps now...
Old 01-03-2010, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

unkellsam is becoming a great contributor
Re: *ROM* *12/29* *SsS-ROM r2* *WM6.5(21887.5.0.86)* *LEO Sense 2.5 with LANDSCAPE*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuocmam View Post
after you've isntalled the cab - open the native MMS SETTINGS and change them to match the ones below ( I only changed the CDMA settings but.. i suppose one could change them both)

This is likely not the most practical way of getting to these settings but it will at least guide you to where they are..

Widnows Key > E-mail>SMS/MMS>Menu(bottom right)>Scroll Down & Select "Pics/Video Options"

From here select - CDMA Servers and fill in the blanks.

port: 80
http ://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms
connect via sprint

I can't do this step... when I go into the CDMA severs tab I see one server called SprintMMSC and both buttons below are grayed out. Double clicking on the server doesn't do anything either. Not sure what you mean by "fill in the blanks."
Old 01-03-2010, 05:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

spidrweb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspidrweb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspidrweb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspidrweb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspidrweb is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkellsam View Post
I wish someone knowledgeable could make one cab file that would take care of all the steps above and include arcsoft as well as all the registry tweaks and server settings. That would probably save a lot of time and confusion.

Going through the steps now...
lol id totally do it if i knew how!

but its really not that complicated, all you need is patience

If I help... please hit the "thanks" , I know I always do!
Old 01-03-2010, 05:35 PM
Lurker

nuocmam is a n00b

Like one of the previous poster, my "My Location" isn't working either. I have enabled the location setting, but it doesn't seem to find my specific location.

The MMS seems to work fine so far after installing it last night. Did a couple of tests (send and receive) and all is working.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

theponce is a n00b

Here is the page that contains all the

http ://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78019

Useful Modifications

"
1) Enable Tethering Stealth Mode - Hook your phone to your pc and use it as a modem undetected.
(SIM card must be inserted into phone)
2) Enable Rapi - Disable security notifications while installing / running programs.
3) Disable Device Lock - Turn off lock screen when waking phone from sleep mode.
4) Disable SMS-Sent Notifiation - Turns off bubble alerting that text message was sent successfully.
5) Manila Start Menu Unlocker - Remove lock feature on specific start menu items.
6) Enable All Camera Modes - Sport, Burst, Gps, etc.
7) Enable In-Call Recording - Record your phone calls.
Signal Strength 7 Bars - Telus stock signal strength is 5 bars causing incompatibility with some modified task bars.
Install this for resolution.
9) AtomAng D3D Drivers - Increase D3D performance on device.
10) Personalizer - Change Carrier Name On Homescreen
"

I can't post links yet. lol.. you have to have 10 posts (which I don't have yet.. but working on it!) - This is why you see my links 'broken up'
Old 01-03-2010, 06:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

spidrweb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspidrweb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspidrweb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspidrweb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspidrweb is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by theponce View Post
Here is the page that contains all the

http ://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78019

Useful Modifications

"
1) Enable Tethering Stealth Mode - Hook your phone to your pc and use it as a modem undetected.
(SIM card must be inserted into phone)
2) Enable Rapi - Disable security notifications while installing / running programs.
3) Disable Device Lock - Turn off lock screen when waking phone from sleep mode.
4) Disable SMS-Sent Notifiation - Turns off bubble alerting that text message was sent successfully.
5) Manila Start Menu Unlocker - Remove lock feature on specific start menu items.
6) Enable All Camera Modes - Sport, Burst, Gps, etc.
7) Enable In-Call Recording - Record your phone calls.
Signal Strength 7 Bars - Telus stock signal strength is 5 bars causing incompatibility with some modified task bars.
Install this for resolution.
9) AtomAng D3D Drivers - Increase D3D performance on device.
10) Personalizer - Change Carrier Name On Homescreen
"

I can't post links yet. lol.. you have to have 10 posts (which I don't have yet.. but working on it!) - This is why you see my links 'broken up'
lolll yeah i remember that, so i posted 9 random questions

i dont hv that issue any more

hey ponse,,, quick question for ya, maybe you have an answer,,, did the mms thing, everything worked perfect..until... i restarted the fone, now im recieving mms but i cant see the picture, and when i goto send, no matter wht folder i go in its not finding any pictures... any ideas?
Old 01-03-2010, 08:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

ive heard good things about this ROM. just wondering, how's the RAM management? Does the system sit at around the mid 60s (percentage used)? Or does it creep into the high 70s and 80s with minimal use. Im on Juicy's ROM now, so i'm wondering if memory is as good or better...
Old 01-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

thchittenden is a n00b

This is the first ROM i've installed, so i can't say whether it's better than any of the other custom ROMs, but it certainly is snappier than Verizon's stock ROM. Great job Deck.

I have had a couple problems with my data connection staying connected however. Occasionally i get the message "Dialed: #777 | Cannot connect for an unknown reason to check your connection settings..." I've dialed *22899 and my connection settings are username: XXXXXXXXX @ vzw3g.com password: vzw (though whenever i revisit the settings page, the password is much longer than three characters so i suppose it's adding in device information?) but it still won't connect.
The verizon stock ROM never had this problem so i assume it's the custom ROM that's doing this. Not sure if i need to flash a new radio or what.

Thanks,
Old 01-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Lurker

nuocmam is a n00b

Okay, "My Location" is working now. For some reason, it didn't recognize my location which is about 2-3 miles outside Washington DC. When I was driving today and I press "My Location", it started to recognize another town over. Since then, it was able to track all the locations I've been at including my own town. So in brief, it's working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuocmam View Post
Like one of the previous poster, my "My Location" isn't working either. I have enabled the location setting, but it doesn't seem to find my specific location.

The MMS seems to work fine so far after installing it last night. Did a couple of tests (send and receive) and all is working.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:43 PM
Lurker

nuocmam is a n00b

I am not sure how your "SprintMMS" is there already. Maybe it got carried over from your previous ROM installation. On mine, there's a "SampeMMSC2" on it. At the bottom, I was able to click on "New". When I click on "New", the fill in the blanks appeared and I was able to fill in port, http, connect to sprint, etc. Then I save it. Then I set it to default.

I am not sure if this helps, but when I installed Deck's ROM, I first did a hard reset to clear all settings and programs. Then I installed Deck's Rom. Once I installed Deck's ROM, I did the tweak to fix the Sprint's receiving issues that Deck mentioned in POST#3. Then, I followed "inponce's" directions.

Everything went smoothly without any problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkellsam View Post
I can't do this step... when I go into the CDMA severs tab I see one server called SprintMMSC and both buttons below are grayed out. Double clicking on the server doesn't do anything either. Not sure what you mean by "fill in the blanks."
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development