PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 01:27 PM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: *ROM* *2/14* *S3-ROM r8.5* *WM6.5(21892.5.0.89)* *Rhodium Sense 2.5*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
simple as pie. i too used to flash threw ball n chain (pc) then i broke free and the smell of freedom is great. get out, smell the roses and flash!
plus flashing from the sdcard allows u to carry around a few xtra roms on ur sdcard just in case the rom ur testing/using decides to take a dive.if the rom ur tryin has too many bugs, too slow, or just plain unstable.then u can always reinstall one of ur trusted roms thats saved to ur sdcard.just open up FileExplorer and rename the rom u want to use to RHODIMG and ur set to flash again.but just a quick note;ive found that flashing from an sdcard works best when the sdcard is 2GB or smaller.Ive tried to flash from my 8GB and my 16GB SDHCcards and it does work,most of the time,but it tends too have more bugs and it seems like i dont get as quality of a flash as i do with micro sdcards that are 2GB or smaller.but thats just my opinion.i dont know it to be fact tho,just my experiance.Good Luck.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:39 PM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lio37 View Post
lbcary,

Did you need to install sdkcerts before you installed the djcleo taskbar?
Thanks for the help.
Yes i do install the SDK Certs cab before i install any custom taskbar.Sometimes i even install Ryan Moguls security policy lifter cab to,but its not necessary.Only the SDKcerts cab is necessary to install to get the taskbar. Sorry if i forgot to mention the necessary install of the sdkcerts cab.If that still doesnt work for u in one of MightyMikes threads he has a post that has a cab that is supposed to make custom taskbars function properly.But i have never hadbto use it. I just install the sdk certs cab and then i install the custom taskbar of my choice,from one of the taskbars in my previous post, and then just finish the installation with a soft reset.It works for me everytime.Hope this helps.

Last edited by lbcary; 02-16-2010 at 01:44 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

DesiChora is keeping up the good workDesiChora is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Sorry if this was answered already (searched this thread but couldn't find it). Does this ROM comes with no2chem's 'Fast Charge' dll?

TIA
~DC

.:":. HTC EVO.:":.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

shodge is a n00b

Does 8.5 have the 'documents' tab?

-Stan
Old 02-16-2010, 02:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)
Carrier: Sprint

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shodge View Post

-Stan
No it does not.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2
Carrier: Verizon - not by my choice!

mbjr is becoming a great contributor

I have had the SOD on 8.5 twice today, any fix yet?
Old 02-16-2010, 02:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint - SimplyEverything

tgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to tgmuhammad Send a message via AIM to tgmuhammad Send a message via MSN to tgmuhammad Send a message via Yahoo to tgmuhammad

Quote:
Originally Posted by shodge View Post

-Stan
deck has a friend working on a cab to install the doc viewer and ereader tabs...
"If I've shared info that was helpful 2 U, it's always nice 2 get a Thank You!"
Old 02-16-2010, 02:52 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiChora View Post
Sorry if this was answered already (searched this thread but couldn't find it). Does this ROM comes with no2chem's 'Fast Charge' dll?

TIA
~DC
dont believe so
Old 02-16-2010, 02:57 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcary View Post
plus flashing from the sdcard allows u to carry around a few xtra roms on ur sdcard just in case the rom ur testing/using decides to take a dive.if the rom ur tryin has too many bugs, too slow, or just plain unstable.then u can always reinstall one of ur trusted roms thats saved to ur sdcard.just open up FileExplorer and rename the rom u want to use to RHODIMG and ur set to flash again.but just a quick note;ive found that flashing from an sdcard works best when the sdcard is 2GB or smaller.Ive tried to flash from my 8GB and my 16GB SDHCcards and it does work,most of the time,but it tends too have more bugs and it seems like i dont get as quality of a flash as i do with micro sdcards that are 2GB or smaller.but thats just my opinion.i dont know it to be fact tho,just my experiance.Good Luck.
see i have a backup folder on my sd so it reads like this: backup/rom/then subfolders of juicy/sss/stock. and inside i already have the files renamed to RHODIMG, so all i have to do is go inside an pick 1 then cut an paste in root of sd and im golden.

i have a 4gb (class 6 i think) and thats what i use to flash, never had a problem. i think the main issue is once you flash you gotta hard reset to work out the bugs. so im not thinking the size really matters but could be wrong...
Old 02-16-2010, 02:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

djsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to djsiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by trphg View Post
found this floating around, maybe it might help...

Thanks for looking, but that cab didn't work. Hopefully, I won't need it again since I've already reflashed to stock, fixed the issue, then back to 8.5 fully configured and tweaked.

Nate
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development