PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2010, 08:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

ckeegan is keeping up the good workckeegan is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *ROM* *2/14* *S3-ROM r8.5* *WM6.5(21892.5.0.89)* *Rhodium Sense 2.5*

Quote:
Seriously, that video makes me want to switch to Mr. X. That looks fast and smoooooooth. Hopefully R9 comes out before my patience. I've been occupying my spare time with trying out new radios.
Juicy's ROMs use CFC compression too. Switched over to Juicy R10 last night, and I must say, it's pretty impressive.

I'll probably give deck's R9 a shot when it comes out too, but hopefully all the Sprint crap in the start menu is gone.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO SHIFT 4G
Carrier: Sprint

dizidi is becoming a great contributor

Well all that "Sprint crap" will be here because this is a Sprint rom cooked by a Sprint userand apps like sprintnav & sprinttv are used by us on a daily basis and are very useful.maybe u should make those kinds of requests to a verizon chef, if there are any.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

tek818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartek818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartek818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeegan View Post
Quote:
Seriously, that video makes me want to switch to Mr. X. That looks fast and smoooooooth. Hopefully R9 comes out before my patience. I've been occupying my spare time with trying out new radios.
Juicy's ROMs use CFC compression too. Switched over to Juicy R10 last night, and I must say, it's pretty impressive.

I'll probably give deck's R9 a shot when it comes out too, but hopefully all the Sprint crap in the start menu is gone.
or you could simply go into the \windows\start menu\programs folder and delete the sprint icons...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 / Hero

rodcpierce is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to rodcpierce Send a message via Yahoo to rodcpierce

i just came back to Deck's rom from using Mr. X's new rom. Deck's rom is much faster to me, and has hardly any lag at all. Super stable. Love this rom!
Old 02-22-2010, 12:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

unkellsam is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewahlrus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkellsam View Post

-

Whats the benefit of new radios?

-
Old 02-22-2010, 12:37 AM
I think I tore my sack.
Pocket PC: Droid X, Root, Deodexed, Tranquility 3.0
Carrier: VZW

thewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIP

[QUOTE=unkellsam;1581464][QUOTE=thewahlrus;1579793]
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkellsam View Post

Whats the benefit of new radios?

-
People have reported better signal strength or battery life. I went through every radio and they all worked the same for me, guess I just live too far away from towers.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90342

Old 02-22-2010, 02:14 AM
I think I tore my sack.
Pocket PC: Droid X, Root, Deodexed, Tranquility 3.0
Carrier: VZW

thewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeegan View Post

Yeah, I'm now on Mr. X's Latest, with Max Manila. Runs fast like Deck's, but I have more memory available. I was going to check out Juicy's, but it looks like the latest build has a few problems. I just want that EReader tab. I have no doubt I'll be back with S3 when Deck comes out with CFC and (hopefully) adds Ereader and Documents tabs.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:20 AM
ppc pimp. :D
Pocket PC: Apache/Mogul/Touch/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO!!!
Threadstarter

deck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck

Alot of you wonder why prl/pri and firmware updater doesnt work. In my roms, i am using custom packages from different sources to be able to make the rom perform as it does. i.e. i am using a GSM 2g dialer. why you ask? because the rhodium dialers suck. they are slow, and lack todays features. Also, there has not been a CDMA rom with a 2.5 version of manila released yet. so i.e. no correct cdma dialer to work with manila 2.5 correctly. We are all waiting for a Rhodium_W2 rom to be released. If you really need to update your pri, prl, or firmware, backup, flash stock and do what you need to. Somebody said something about the default networks being labled something other then what they are used to. this is because once again this is a gsm dialer. the speed and features of it are superior to any rhodium dialer ever released imo. just flash another rom, make a quick call and click the end button too quick, and youll be waiting for your service to be back to make another call. this is just one of the current bugs witht he rhodium dialer. anyways on to whats next.

r9 and r9.5 will be releasing withing the next few days. Let me explain the 2 different versions. First off, BOTH versions have a cfc compressed manila.

r9 will be rhodium based, manila from the rhodium S2 rom and packages. This is the rom i will reccommend as for it will be what i will be supporting mostly.

r9.5 will be leo based, with the shipped version of the the leo manila and packages. Yes, this version will have ereader and doc viewer and animations for those who have been requesting it.

as of right now, r9 is ready to be released, but i am still working on r9.5.

If you are not happy with what i do or how my rom runs, nobody is begging you to use it but the speed and stability of my roms speak for themselves.

-deck

Last edited by deck; 02-22-2010 at 07:34 AM.
This post has been thanked 10 times.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:41 AM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Deck,

Thanks for the update...What about releasing r9 and then the special project leo based ROM when it is ready?
Old 02-22-2010, 08:07 AM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

I thanked your post Deck as I for one appreciate the explanation of why some things are like they are because i'm just an end user and don't always know why things are like they are, and two for doing the work that you do, I know it's a never ending task of building a rom and then updating it with the latest and greatest that comes out plus trying to fix the small bugs that might come up after the rom completion as no ones perfect and sometimes things get overlooked, so I greatly appreciate the work you do! I know you work on this and do this because it is something that you like to do, so come on people show your appreciation with not just saying thanks in a post, actually hit the thanks button and also you can donate to Deck if you can, it's in the first post where you download the rom. And please hit the thanks button if someones helped you, it doesn't cost you a thing to hit the thanks button.

*** and it is disrespectful to come to this thread being on someone elses rom and talking about it, think about how that would make you feel if you was the chef of a rom and someone did that to you, plus it makes it harder for people to follow the thread, just my 2 cents ***

Last edited by KIOWA69; 02-22-2010 at 08:19 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development