PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 02:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

spidrweb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspidrweb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspidrweb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspidrweb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspidrweb is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *ROM* *12/29* *SsS-ROM r2* *WM6.5(21887.5.0.86)* *LEO Sense 2.5 with LANDSCAPE*

Quote:
Originally Posted by theponce View Post
BTW - this was a response to -- spidrweb

Yes, my MMS works both ways (send and recieve)
Let me know if you need any more help =-)

I'm completely satisfied at this point with this build. Its stable, quick, and i don't suffer from lack of mms =-)

Great job Deck, really enjoy(ed) your work.

So, results:

flashed it clean, that way there are no settings or dlls or anything to conflict with anything.

did the step by step (just to be on the safeside) as you noted...

SENT SUCCESSFULLY
RECIEVED SUCCESSFULLY!!!

YOU ARE THE MAN !!! !!! !!!

deck any chance you can incorporate the HTC MESSEGING DISABLE and the ARCSOFT in the R3?

just a thought,,, im lovin the way its working!!

great job on the rom

and THANK YOU theponce!

If I help... please hit the "thanks" , I know I always do!
Old 01-03-2010, 05:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO SHIFT 4G

dizidi is becoming a great contributor
Re: *ROM* *12/29* *SsS-ROM r2* *WM6.5(21887.5.0.86)* *LEO Sense 2.5 with LANDSCAPE*

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidrweb View Post
So, results:

flashed it clean, that way there are no settings or dlls or anything to conflict with anything.

did the step by step (just to be on the safeside) as you noted...

SENT SUCCESSFULLY
RECIEVED SUCCESSFULLY!!!

YOU ARE THE MAN !!! !!! !!!

deck any chance you can incorporate the HTC MESSEGING DISABLE and the ARCSOFT in the R3?

just a thought,,, im lovin the way its working!!

great job on the rom

and THANK YOU theponce!
SO, you're saying you sent & recieved mms successfully using ARCSOFT ??? If thats the case, you didn't need to go through all this loop by disabling htc messaging, blah, blah, blah...../// U can send and recieve mms through the native windows messaging client regardless if you have htc messaging disabled or not. Once you have arcsoft installed, it should automatically set your servers depending on what network you are on. The only thing you need to adjust is the size of the message. So the point of the story is HTC MESSAGING is not 100% functional for SPRINT yet. Its perfect for SMS but not fully working for MMS.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

xs2k is a n00b

Deck, any possibility on your next release you'll have 2 roms available, one with 2.1 manila and the other with 2.5? That would be awesome!
Old 01-03-2010, 06:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker

spidrweb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspidrweb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspidrweb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspidrweb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspidrweb is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardizidifer View Post
SO, you're saying you sent & recieved mms successfully using ARCSOFT ??? If thats the case, you didn't need to go through all this loop by disabling htc messaging, blah, blah, blah...../// U can send and recieve mms through the native windows messaging client regardless if you have htc messaging disabled or not. Once you have arcsoft installed, it should automatically set your servers depending on what network you are on. The only thing you need to adjust is the size of the message. So the point of the story is HTC MESSAGING is not 100% functional for SPRINT yet. Its perfect for SMS but not fully working for MMS.
i tried that before but it didnt work.. could be something i did... but this way everything worked perfect,,, and i must admit, i do prefere arcsoft myself next to htc messaging... but yes, i would reccommend this way if you send and recieve as many mms as i do daily.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nuocmam is a n00b

It works!!!

Just to add some very minor details to "theponce's" instructions, once you get into changing the port, http, & connect to sprint, they will require a name for the "Server" field. I just put down "Sprint Server". Make sure that you select that as your "Default" otherwise it will default to the 'sample".

And after you install the Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging 1.2.CAB, it will asks you if you want to soft reset. I picked yes. Once it reset, just continue with "theponce's" instructions.

I have tested it and it works beautifully.

I feel like I have a brand new phone and this ROM is beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theponce View Post
It works f ine for me. I can send and recieve MMS just fine.

Follow the instructions listed in the links earlier.

- Here is what I did to get it to work -

use your regedit -

HKLM>system>inbox>externalaccounts> rename "SMS" to SMS.htc

install arcsoft > soft reset.

Link to the download here
---------------------------
( http ://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=51951&d=1260593344 )
---------------------------

after you've isntalled the cab - open the native MMS SETTINGS and change them to match the ones below ( I only changed the CDMA settings but.. i suppose one could change them both)

This is likely not the most practical way of getting to these settings but it will at least guide you to where they are..

Widnows Key > E-mail>SMS/MMS>Menu(bottom right)>Scroll Down & Select "Pics/Video Options"

From here select - CDMA Servers and fill in the blanks.

port: 80
http ://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms
connect via sprint

You will notice that the "Send limit" is by default 5000k (I'll show you were to change this at the bottom)

Now that that part is done.. now to remove the HTC Messaging.
Download the cab to remove it below
---------------------------------
Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging 1.2.CAB

http ://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=53802&d=1262144635
---------------------------------

Install this cab and your'e another step closer =-)

Now , to change the Send Limit - Why?
- Most carriers will only allow you to receive up to a ~1mb roughly unless changed. But since it is by default ~1mb across the board, we'll stick to that.

One thing to also note, is that by default the Arc-MMS automatically sets the
RecieveLimit to 300kb (Yeah, right.. who sends thumbs any more? >.< ) So yet another reason we'll have to change these limits.

Start your registry editor and follow this string below to the values that need to be changed.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Arcsoft > ArcSoft MMS UA > Config > mm1 > MMSCSetting > SampleMMSC2

And here change the values for WAP2RecvDefaultSize to ~1mb (dont forget to submit the value as a decimal and not a hex value =-) )
I went ahead and just kept mine to "5120000" for both send and recieve for both WAP2SendDefaultSize / WAP2RecvDefaultSize

---
This should cover it - in between the cab installs it takes your phone a while to reset up, so incase it looks like you've crashed your phone, just let it sit for a while. (I actually did soft reset my phone once after isntalling the HTC messaging removal cab , but it started up and worked jsut fine.

GRats and enjoy this somewhat rigged up MMS Fix. hehe.

- ThePonce

PS. - I didn't do much more then just figured out how to make this already existing fix work with this rom and found were I needed to change the settings at. Credit is due where it is deserved - and that is 2K4MACH ( http ://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=1406931&postcount=65)
Old 01-03-2010, 10:24 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2!

pastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

So what happens when you click on a msg from the msg tab?
Old 01-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastert33 View Post
So what happens when you click on a msg from the msg tab?
it openes in arcsoft, like it was on the 2.1
Old 01-03-2010, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

unkellsam is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidrweb View Post
it openes in arcsoft, like it was on the 2.1
And what happens when you go to the messages tab in the contact page?
Old 01-03-2010, 04:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkellsam View Post
And what happens when you go to the messages tab in the contact page?
same isht, its all arcsoft, i am using it like i was using my 2.1 .

from contacts, click on sms tab, you can read write and send the sms, from the manila screen you go to sms tab, same thing, from start>email>sms , same thing...

you will have the 2.1 messeging system on the 2.5 rom
Old 01-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker

can anyone direct to me a reg edit, cab or setting to remove this annoying "SMS SENT" everytime you send a txt, and to remove the txt from displaying on the screen once you recieve a txt? thnk you!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development