PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 02:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

lotus f1 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *ROM* *2/2* *SsS-ROM r5* *WM6.5(21890.5.0.88)* *Topaz Sense 2.5 Final*

Nothing but Opera goes into landscape mode unless the keyboard is out. Anyway to fix that? I want to view other things in landscape when tilting my phone and keyboard closed
Old 02-03-2010, 02:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

twobeaglesjtj is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbjr View Post
LOVE the ROM, but I have one problem I was hoping to get help with. I have tried install a couple different taskbar's with no luck, they break to phone and require a restore (thank god I backed up first). Only half the icons show and it disables my start menu as well as slows the phone to a crawl. Is there any approved taskbar mod's for the rom?
I use this one (attached) on R5 and it works great...install all 3 cabs and soft reset!!!!
Attached Files
File Type: cab 1. sdkcerts.cab (4.6 KB, 22 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab 2. Tsowen's Taskbar_v3.cab (1.14 MB, 30 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab 3. KD Mod to Tsowens.cab (553.6 KB, 25 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

tek818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartek818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartek818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus f1 View Post
Nothing but Opera goes into landscape mode unless the keyboard is out. Anyway to fix that? I want to view other things in landscape when tilting my phone and keyboard closed
It is supposed to be like that because the auto-rotation was thought to be causing the HTC Messaging client to crash in SMS when opening the hardware kb. If you want to enable autorotation, set the following reg key to 1:

\hkcu\software\htc\htcsensor\gsensor\autorotation
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: Verizon

mados123 is a n00b
Lightbulb Re: *ROM* *2/2* *SsS-ROM r5* *WM6.5(21890.5.0.88)* *Topaz Sense 2.5 Final*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus f1 View Post
I tried using solely the auto-rotation with the reg change (since it wouldn't need extra software) but it didn't rotate Manila or Google maps. Using Gyrator 2, you can edit the disabled Manila profile, specifying to auto-rotate. Add it to be Exclusive so it always runs (settings, system, task manager, hold gyrator, exclusive), and under the edit event, you can change the rename the Manila Event, specify "and the device orientation is" then click all you want applicable. Confirm the action is rotate screen and hit apply. I don't think you need the Compact .net 3.5 cab installed as it works without fine (not sure if 3.5 is already installed with the awesome ROM).

Last edited by mados123; 02-03-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

girlshateherbz is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to girlshateherbz

i've tried other roms and i keep going back to this one, i'm gonna stick with it for a while i love it. i only have one little tiny problem that isn't such a big deal but i guess i'm picky. my texts seem to be all over the place and i can't seem to find a good way to get them sorted. i don't know if anyone has a way to fix this, i like my texts sorted by the time they are received but when i try to do it on this rom they are still jumbled all over the place. is there a way to set something up in the registry or something? thanks for any help on this issue and thanks for this rom, it's great!
Old 02-03-2010, 05:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

chardog is keeping up the good workchardog is keeping up the good work

when I try to send a picture attachment, I get the message about over size, would you like to resize. Cant I send the full picture?
Old 02-03-2010, 05:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

wud_e is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Thanks! I plan on donating when I get paid next week. You fixed it so that the video doesn't break when you roatate the screen(Slide out keyboard for tilt action)! Nice!
Old 02-03-2010, 06:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2
Carrier: Verizon - not by my choice!

mbjr is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobeaglesjtj View Post
I use this one (attached) on R5 and it works great...install all 3 cabs and soft reset!!!!
Thank you, installing now!
Old 02-03-2010, 06:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

been on this for almost a day and the battery life is by far better than any other leo rom that i have ran ESPECIALLY NRGZ. the rom is quick, stable, and has very few problems if any at all. the pic mail works with the provided fix and remapping right through htc messaging so you don't have to worry about disabling that to work to get the mms to work correctly. i have only had it freeze up on me once so far and i feel that was my fault since was needed after installing all my apps, programs and tweaks. the rom is super smooth and will continue to keep you all updated on this... for a leo rom i would def recommend this to all if you wanna have a rom that you can fully use the sense 2.5 roms without dealing with the freezing or the bugs that used to make it impossible for me to use as an everyday rom.... great job on this rom deck and you have given me new hope for manila 2.5

the only bug i noticed besides the one freeze that i had was that when you open a pic mail the screen stays in landscape mode so you have to open the keyboard again and than close it and you will be back to normal and good to go
Old 02-03-2010, 06:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Deck, this is truly a great Rom......Now you need to bring us some 6.5.x Roms!!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development