PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 12:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

lsantos0907 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *ROM* *12/29* *SsS-ROM r2* *WM6.5(21887.5.0.86)* *LEO Sense 2.5 with LANDSCAPE*

Well I get a full day and still some battery life left after a full day with this rom. ram management is a bit high but i do not even notice. The difference between this rom and juicys or anybody elses is the speed and stability. Juicys rom is really laggy where as this rom is fast, animations are smooth and everything runs much quicker than in any other rom i tested with 2.5 and i have tested them all. So, if you are willing to sacrifice a bit of battery life and are not bothered by ram usage then this is the best rom for everyday use out there. If you rather have a laggy phone with laggy animations and better battery life then go for somebody elses rom. Don't get me wrong, Juicy is a great cook and i bet R8 will address a lot of issues, but until then go with SSS.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

thedoc is keeping up the good workthedoc is keeping up the good work
Re: *ROM* *12/29* *SsS-ROM r2* *WM6.5(21887.5.0.86)* *LEO Sense 2.5 with LANDSCAPE*

yea im very happy with this rom and i dont think i need another release as everything on here works perfect, all my customs, apps and its fast!

also i like the custom start icons ( an example is notepad icon it looks perfect on the home shortcut rather than the default yellow icon) but i prefer the 3 row start menu as it is easier on the eyes (which i installed)
all in all, out of trying: mighty,juicy(stuck with juicy for 3 releases) and this rom..im definitely sticking to this!
great job deck!
Old 01-04-2010, 02:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint/Juicy rom R5

LoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCotta View Post
I've NEVER seen ROM's vary that much in battery life...something's not right if you're getting those kind of results as deck indicated above.
I agree, I flashed this rom for my hubby and he didn't plug in overnight and had 40% at noon the following day. I run bluetooth for a couple hours to work, streaming radio from the phone, checking my push email and checking facebook and from the time I unplug the phone and get to work (1/2 hours) I am at 80% at the lowest and usually still at 90%. My ram hovers at 61% to 70% when I'm streaming.

This is a wonderful rom! I'm just sad because it works so well, that my tweaking is minimal. Now I can focus on making it pretty! NOT that it isn't pretty now...just like to girly up my phone with more color.

Last edited by LoriInWA; 01-04-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

LoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuff

Has anyone tried this mms fix on this rom yet? http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=104531

I can't try it until tonight, just wondered if anyone had success or not.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

anand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriInWA View Post
Has anyone tried this mms fix on this rom yet? http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=104531

tnx everyone for the feedback. i might give sss rom a try with the elephant mms workaround. also lori - not sure if you use microsoft myphone, but you can simply upload to myphone website, sync to your phone, and cabs are ready to install and test on your phone, if you really wanted to test it in a rush.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand525 View Post
tnx everyone for the feedback. i might give sss rom a try with the elephant mms workaround. also lori - not sure if you use microsoft myphone, but you can simply upload to myphone website, sync to your phone, and cabs are ready to install and test on your phone, if you really wanted to test it in a rush.

Thanks, yup, I use MS My Phone, my problem is as a n00b it seems everytime I install a cab for something I break something else and so, I try and put off too much investigating while I am at work. . Plus, I need my phone for email and if I do break something I have to do a hard reset and resync etc. I must say, I am getting way better at the post hard-reset reinstallation process! LOL
Old 01-04-2010, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HD2, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro
Carrier: T-Mobile

coreyharris2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoreyharris2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoreyharris2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoreyharris2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

This is the cab to remove that annoying "txt message sent successfully" message!

Please hit te thankyou tab if i helped u
Attached Files
File Type: cab Disable SMS Sent Notification.cab (1.1 KB, 18 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

unkellsam is becoming a great contributor

Does anyone have the default black background for manila 2.5 they can upload?

SsS is plain black but the default 2.5 has a bit of a fade that adds a classy touch. If someone can upload it here that would be great!

It looks like this:

And Deck, if you can cook it in to R3, it would add a touch of spizazz.

Best rom by far.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

spidrweb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspidrweb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspidrweb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspidrweb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspidrweb is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriInWA View Post

ill give it a shot and report back, for the moment im using arcsoft, without disabling htc messeging, i goto EMAIL>SMS/MMS>etc,,, and its working great

If I help... please hit the "thanks" , I know I always do!
Old 01-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

spidrweb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspidrweb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspidrweb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspidrweb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspidrweb is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyharris2008 View Post
This is the cab to remove that annoying "txt message sent successfully" message!

Please hit te thankyou tab if i helped u
do you by any chance have a cab to disable the messege from popping up once recieved?

example, you get a new msg:

555-555-5555
"Hi, How are you?"
---------------
("HIDE")
---------------

if you dont understand that ill post a screen shot.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development