View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 12:43 PM
Whotahn
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *ROM* *2/14* *S3-ROM r8.5* *WM6.5(21892.5.0.89)* *Rhodium Sense 2.5*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP1085 View Post
so maybe this exists and im not sure where in the rom, but is there a way to have a home screen icon that locks the phone? ive seen it randomly in screenshots, but i dont know how to do it.
thanks!
You can goa few diff routes there bud. No there isn't a lock shortcut that you can add to quicklinks. BUT you can create it easily.....

you can use maxtheme maker to change leftSoftkey to Lock after you install LockDevice1.6. OR you can just install LockDevice 1.6 and it can be set to auto lock every time the screen goes to sleep so you don't need a quicklink or softkey OR you can add it to a shortlink as it will have it's own icon that can be added there, the icon sucks though so I would use another by chaging it with reStart. Then you can change the settings to only lock when you hit the quicklink rather than every time the device goes to sleep. This is how I run it. All LockDevice does is control the WM locker giving you more options. MaxTheme maker gives you MANY options including making the taskbars match the wallpapers like HD Walls, changing softkeys, etc. and I can confirm it works on S3 r8.5.

LockDevice: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...8&d=1263782277
MaxTheme: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1254636030

Attched are some Lock Icons I FOUND...not sure who made them so I can't give proper credit but I DID NOT make them and am taking no credit for that. Just sharing.

Should be all ya need!! YW!
Attached Images
File Type: png startlock.png (3.8 KB, 29 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: png Start_Icon_Lock.png (9.1 KB, 31 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.