oldgarfield
PPCGeeks Regular

oldgarfield is keeping up the good workoldgarfield is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *ROM* *2/14* *S3-ROM r8.5* *WM6.5(21892.5.0.89)* *Rhodium Sense 2.5*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcary View Post
Make sure that ur sdcard is formatted to Fat 32.Not Fat or anything else,only FAT 32. Then download the Decks S3 R8 rom to ur computers harddrive,then use Winzip to extract the nbh file,the rom,and then copy it to the root of your sdcard. then rename the nbh.file to RHODIMG and then try to flash again.

1st put the sdcard with the new rom labeled as RHODIMG into the phone that u want to flash the rom to.

2nd enter bootloader mode,(phone off,hold down volume button and then hold down the power button until the tri-color bootloader screen opens), and if the sdcard is good and formatted correctly and since the sdcard is already in the phone a few seconds after the phone enters bootloader mode it should recognize the new rom on the sdcard

then the screen should say To Update Press the Power Button and Press Cancel to quit. If it wont exit the bootloader screen and the bottom of the screen says,Serial,then the phone did not recognize the nbh.file on the sdcard.

if after all that and it still wont flash then u probably have a bad sdcard.hey it happens more than u think.I have a ton of old xtra sdcards that range from 512MB-16GB.

and i hav 3 different 1GB sdcards that were originally formatted to Fat.A few months later when i got my first HTC Vogue i took that 1GB sdcard and reformatted it to Fat 32 and then i flashed the rom i wanted to it and everything seemed fine,but when i went to flash the phone would not recognize that the rom/nbh.file was on the sdcard.

i tried it several different time with no luck.so i took a new sdcard that came formatted to Fat32,from the factory,and used the same copy of the rom stored on my computer to extract the nbh file/rom to the new sdcard and then went thru the same flashing steps and this time it worked perfectly.

So if u are absolutely certain that u are flashing from the sdcard the right way then maybe ur sdcard is just gone bad.all 3 of the 1 GB sdcards that i have that wont flash roms will still work in a phone to store cab/zip files and install cab/zip files from them with no problm.

If ur still having problems just go to the top of the TP2 forums and read the, how to flash from an sdcard post.Oh yah,ive had the best luck when flashing from an sdcard if the sdcard is 2GB or smaller.I prefer the 2GB Sandisc SDcards personally

i have 4 of the 2GB sdcards i flash with for the use of flashing my old Vogue,Touch Pro,and Touch Pro 2.Each sdcard has probly been used to flash a rom 20 times each and on different roms/phones .and they all still work great.but thats all i use them for is flashing
Your post is very informative. But maybe using more paragraphs would make it even better LOL.