PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 07:54 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Very weird Ringer Issue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartisall View Post
Yep this keeps happening to me too, except its just on my texts my ringer works fine but the texts won't play a sound they just vibrate nonstop. Im not using any Bluetooth so Im not sure thats it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killher View Post
Yes, I am having this exact same complaint from my wife. I thought it was just because I'm a mumbler, but maybe not...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vradi View Post
Now that you mention it...the non-stop vibrating actually starts when the missed call alert/msg pops up if you do not pick up. While the phone in the "ring mode" there is no sound or vibration but you can tell that somebody is calling from looking at the screen.
So it looks that it might related to the alert/messaging system...

It is very likely that has nothing to do with bluetooth but it might be related to what other audio/media applications might still be open in the background. Before it happened I was using either kinoma play or nanogroove and even though I had stopped playing any music I had not fully exited the application.
Do you remember if you had any similar applications still open in the task manager?

Thanks,

vradi
Hi, I remember back in the early diamond days people complained on nonstop vibrating after they flashed to the verizon radio. I have not had this happen once but I also dont flash my radio. Found really no reason to change out the radio but I am wondering if there is some sort of capability issue. Previously, there were complaints of nonstop vibration when trying to access gps and it wouldnt stop without a soft reset and eventual hard reset. It could be that since my location is on, using gps to pull data, it may cause this but that's pure speculation of course. here's are some of the posts if you want to check this out. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/search.php?searchid=8544417

like I said this might not be the reason, but I hope this provides some assistance.

Last edited by Riley; 02-08-2010 at 08:04 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:23 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: *ROM* *2/2* *SsS-ROM r5* *WM6.5(21890.5.0.88)* *Topaz Sense 2.5 Final*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmuhammad View Post
Anyone having an issue with their phone going to sleep and not waking up when you tap the power button? My phone has been going to sleep and turning itself off. Then I have to soft reset in order for it to come back up...
It happens to me often. I think it is just one of the things in the build from MS.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)
Carrier: Sprint

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzz View Post
It happens to me often. I think it is just one of the things in the build from MS.
I have been running this Rom since the 2nd and I have not had this issue yet. I have had it happen in the past plenty of times, just not on this Rom yet. Some people say to uncheck the today timeout box in the settings, today screen and it is suppose to help. I have not touched that but it might be worth a try......
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:01 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
I have been running this Rom since the 2nd and I have not had this issue yet. I have had it happen in the past plenty of times, just not on this Rom yet. Some people say to uncheck the today timeout box in the settings, today screen and it is suppose to help. I have not touched that but it might be worth a try......
I usually just wait it out and it responds. Sometimes i soft reset....I will look into your suggestion.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

i'm getting the 777 data connection error now and a soft reset won't fix it. i've received this error before with tethering on stock and other ROMs, but this is the first time i've had it stick like this. is there anyway to fix this without trying a hard reset? not sure why it's not working all of a sudden....
Old 02-09-2010, 12:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
i'm getting the 777 data connection error now and a soft reset won't fix it. i've received this error before with tethering on stock and other ROMs, but this is the first time i've had it stick like this. is there anyway to fix this without trying a hard reset? not sure why it's not working all of a sudden....
I went into the registry and changed the connection to "Sprint" instead of "phone as modem". If you need help finding the registry entry i'm talking about just ask and somebody will likely give you the steps to do this.
After doing this registry fix, I can tether easily with no problem.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:37 AM
VIP Member

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_dbs_tx View Post
I went into the registry and changed the connection to "Sprint" instead of "phone as modem". If you need help finding the registry entry i'm talking about just ask and somebody will likely give you the steps to do this.
After doing this registry fix, I can tether easily with no problem.
thanks, but the problem isn't just tethering.. i just mentioned it cause that's the only other time iit's appeared before... i'm getting the 777 error whenever i try to connect data, no matter what it is... soft reset doesn't work and i just hard reset and reflashed and it still doesn't fix it. what's the deal??? no idea why it's doing this because i didn't install anything crazy today.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Call Sprint Tech Support. Sounds like the issue isn't your phone... could be but i'd call Sprint and get tech support on the line and see if they can test out out data for you. Ofcourse don't mention you flashed a custom rom...
Old 02-09-2010, 01:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Could somebody who is familiar with this r5 rom please list the "known/bugs" issues???
I have been using this rom for a few days now and want to know of any known problems if any. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:54 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_dbs_tx View Post
Call Sprint Tech Support. Sounds like the issue isn't your phone... could be but i'd call Sprint and get tech support on the line and see if they can test out out data for you. Ofcourse don't mention you flashed a custom rom...
fortunately i didnt have to resort to that... hate calling them for anything.. they usually take forever and then mess up something in my plan for some reason.

anyway, got data again by reflashing to stock and updating profile.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development