PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 03:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint - SimplyEverything

tgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tgmuhammad Send a message via AIM to tgmuhammad Send a message via MSN to tgmuhammad Send a message via Yahoo to tgmuhammad
Re: *ROM* *2/2* *SsS-ROM r5* *WM6.5(21890.5.0.88)* *Topaz Sense 2.5 Final*

Okay, I just tried flashing back to stock, in order to re-flash r5... but my phone got stuck in bootloader mode, I went through the recovery steps, but I can't get it out of bootloader mode and the PC won't recognize it in order to re-flash... Any suggestions?
"If I've shared info that was helpful 2 U, it's always nice 2 get a Thank You!"
Old 02-08-2010, 03:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)
Carrier: Sprint

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmuhammad View Post
Okay, I just tried flashing back to stock, in order to re-flash r5... but my phone got stuck in bootloader mode, I went through the recovery steps, but I can't get it out of bootloader mode and the PC won't recognize it in order to re-flash... Any suggestions?
The phone should be able to flash from bootloader mode. Sounds weird. So you are on the colored screen right now? If so, just run the update......If it doesn't work, I would reboot the computer and try it again.......
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker

tgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to tgmuhammad Send a message via AIM to tgmuhammad Send a message via MSN to tgmuhammad Send a message via Yahoo to tgmuhammad

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
The phone should be able to flash from bootloader mode. Sounds weird. So you are on the colored screen right now? If so, just run the update......If it doesn't work, I would reboot the computer and try it again.......
You're the BOMB!!! I restarted the puter and it worked like a charm. I don't know what it is... but this TP2 is so tempermental. It is giving me so many issues that I never had when flashing my Touch Pro.

THANKS... AND I HIT YOUR BUTTON!!!
Old 02-08-2010, 03:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: telus

jeep670 is a n00b

..or copy the RUU_signed.nbh from the package to sd card and rename to RHODIMG.nbh then put card in phone and boot from sd card: VolDown+EndCall+reset.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff
Re: Very weird Ringer Issue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vradi View Post
Hi all,

has anybody else noticed any ringer issues? Since I installed r5 this has happened twice but I can not replicate it.
Ring volume is all the way up, Ring Type is set to Ring in the phone settings,
and in the Sound and Display profiles Normal is selected.
Basically I have not changed any of the default r5 sound and notifications settings.
All of a sudden I will receive a phone call and instead of ringing the phone will just vibrate non-stop. When this starts every call after that will behave the same way, unless I do a soft reset which brings everything back to normal.

I have a suspicion that it might be related to bluetooth drivers, because both times when it happened it was after using my phone to stream music through A2DP to my car stereo for about an hour. To be honest though at the exact time when it actually happened I was not paired any more to any bluetooth device. I am just thinking that there might be a memory leak and the prolonged A2DP use caused the ringer/audio problem???

Any thoughts? Has this happened to anybody else?

Thanks in advance,

vradi.
Yep this keeps happening to me too, except its just on my texts my ringer works fine but the texts won't play a sound they just vibrate nonstop. Im not using any Bluetooth so Im not sure thats it.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

killher is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ052005 View Post
Is anyone having problems with call clarity? People have been telling me that my voice keeps fading in and out when I talk to them. I'm on Sprint and was wondering if there is a file that I need to download to fix this or if it has something to do with the ROM.

I didn't have this problem with stock, and I didn't change the radio or anything so I'm stuck.
Yes, I am having this exact same complaint from my wife. I thought it was just because I'm a mumbler, but maybe not...
Old 02-08-2010, 04:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Anyone having an issue with their phone going to sleep and not waking up when you tap the power button? My phone has been going to sleep and turning itself off. Then I have to soft reset in order for it to come back up...
Old 02-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

JackStorm is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
look for csmi (change start menu icons) on xda. i find it easier to use than restart or jdm sumthing icon changer.

u can change icons for links and folders, apply soft reset 4 changes

Thanks... I actually have this program but didn't know I could use to change folder icons. Gonna give it whirl!
Old 02-08-2010, 05:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Apache/TouchPro/TouchPro2/Evo4G

vradi is a n00b
Re: Very weird Ringer Issue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartisall View Post
Yep this keeps happening to me too, except its just on my texts my ringer works fine but the texts won't play a sound they just vibrate nonstop. Im not using any Bluetooth so Im not sure thats it.
Now that you mention it...the non-stop vibrating actually starts when the missed call alert/msg pops up if you do not pick up. While the phone in the "ring mode" there is no sound or vibration but you can tell that somebody is calling from looking at the screen.
So it looks that it might related to the alert/messaging system...

It is very likely that has nothing to do with bluetooth but it might be related to what other audio/media applications might still be open in the background. Before it happened I was using either kinoma play or nanogroove and even though I had stopped playing any music I had not fully exited the application.
Do you remember if you had any similar applications still open in the task manager?

Thanks,

vradi
Old 02-08-2010, 07:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

pechroc1 is a n00b

just wanted to say thx for the awesome rom. wasnt happy with my tp2 until i jumped on. loved ur tp1 rom but didnt realize u had a tp2 one till now.... THANK GOODNESS.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development