PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 02:59 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *ROM* *2/2* *SsS-ROM r5* *WM6.5(21890.5.0.88)* *Topaz Sense 2.5 Final*

ive noticed opening tasks throw up out of memory error on clean flash no cabs added. in phone settings/cdma/auto prepend shows 2 options radio 1, should be enable/disable. what files/where do i place to get the animated wallpapers back? i really like the pinkish/purple-ish paint splatter wallpaper...pls any1 w/ hints on this, thanks

also just noticed 2 micro. my phone...in root of start menu and settings
edit: just checked tasks agian...opens fine now

Last edited by kjhadfield; 02-09-2010 at 03:14 AM.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

killher is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_dbs_tx View Post
Could somebody who is familiar with this r5 rom please list the "known/bugs" issues???
I have been using this rom for a few days now and want to know of any known problems if any. Thanks in advance.
The only confirmed bug that I've encountered is the floating icon on the mail tab in landscape mode.

The only other suspected bug that I have is people complaining that my voice fades in/out while talking to them normally (ie, no speakerphone or BT device). This could just be my device or a setting somewhere I missed, but at least one other person has reported this as well.

Any other problems others have reported have not affected me at all.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

Tel9000 is just getting started

I love this ROM, and find that it works best for me out of all the ones I have tried. I posted the question below awhile back in the general forum and didn't get an answer. How would I be able to get this done? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel9000 View Post
I am coming from a Sprint Treo Pro. On that device, I used several different 6.5 upgrades from several different chefs (Thank you CFay and AcidHax). With all of those upgraded ROMs, I got two features that I couldn't live without (that are not present in 6.1). One was the "keycaps" type of function where you hold a letter key and it capitalizes (I own Magikb, but this did it without having to install that). The other one was "automatic check names" when composing an email--meaning when you typed in the first few letters of a persons name, it autocompleted and underlined the address automatically. This enabled you to send emails to multiple people without having to select "check names" from the softkey menu.

I have tried all of the top ROMs for the TP2, and none of them have these features (a couple that were the same 6.5 build that I used on the Treo). How can I enable these features?

I searched, but could not find the answer. Your help is appreciated.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:54 AM
ppc pimp. :D
Pocket PC: Apache/Mogul/Touch/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO!!!
Threadstarter

deck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the communitydeck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deck Send a message via MSN to deck Send a message via Yahoo to deck

not sure about the keycaps (never used), but in my email, when i start typing a name or #, it automatically drops a list down with my contacts that match. not sure why this wouldnt be working for you.

on another note, r6 is coming along very very nicely. many updated packages and stability and speed seem to be better as well.

For any of you that want to start following me on twitter, here is the address.
http://twitter.com/kushdeck
i will start updating it often.

-deck
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:18 AM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by deck View Post
not sure about the keycaps (never used), but in my email, when i start typing a name or #, it automatically drops a list down with my contacts that match. not sure why this wouldnt be working for you.

on another note, r6 is coming along very very nicely. many updated packages and stability and speed seem to be better as well.

For any of you that want to start following me on twitter, here is the address.
http://twitter.com/kushdeck
i will start updating it often.

-deck
The email contact drop down is workin here as well. I think he wants it to auto type the address like WM. I llike this better, tap the first letter and then the name from the list. Never heard of the keycaps thing either......

@ Deck Just flashed r5 and now news of r6......prob drop it right after I get r5 all set up....lol. HR, flash, start all over...story of my device life!

Nice work man. Been a heavy user of a few other ROMS but just tried yours. I am lovin it so far!!! Everything seems smooothhhh

Thanks for ROM and the twitter info..instant notifictions and news on bad arse ROMs is always nice.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

killher is just getting started

Quote:
...and stability and speed seem to be better as well.
Is that even possible?! The best keeps getting better! Thanks, Deck!
Old 02-09-2010, 02:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Any ETA on R6?
Old 02-09-2010, 05:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

Tel9000 is just getting started

Quote:
Nevermind--the email dropdown list has always worked just fine. But, with my Treo on 6.1, if you used the dropdown and put more than one email address in the "To:" field without hitting menu>check names, it would only send to the first address you put in. When I upgraded to 6.5, it automatically did the underline/check names function. I just tried it on this device and it works fine without hitting check names. Sorry, old device habits.

However, I cannot believe the keycap function is not more popular. It really increases my productivity. I thought it was a 6.5 thing since all the ROMs I tried had the function. Maybe they were built from the same kitchen and the creator put the function in there.....

Thanks for your help.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:25 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

phones been acting kinda weird...

1st i try to add fav. ppl in ppl tab (1st one) picked view contact card then sense ui froze. had to soft reset, then checked ppl tab an it was there. and anyother fav. i added loaded fine after.

then i went ppl tab/all people slide to facebook section went menu/update then sense froze (10mins b4 i softreset) while it was booting up i get call, tried to slide 2 answer and it wouldnt answer (fine cuz phone was still booting) but after it finished loading tried to listen to voicemail an i had no sound...period. phone wouldnt ring (phone was connected in call) no sound. checked volume rocker, no sound when changing level. just the phone in all cases would not produce sound of any kind.

just weird stuff, soft reset, fixed. just sharing (think the getting call while booting caused sum problem w/ the sound. but thought id share anyways. but dont know bout the fb update an adding fav. 2 ppl tab causing sense ui shutdown.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

borntochill is becoming a great contributor

Is anybody running third-party GPS software with SsS-ROM r5? On other ROMs some users have reported lagginess with certain GPS programs so I figured I'd check in with others first before trying to install anything.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development