PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint - SimplyEverything

tgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartgmuhammad is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tgmuhammad Send a message via AIM to tgmuhammad Send a message via MSN to tgmuhammad Send a message via Yahoo to tgmuhammad
Re: *ROM* *2/2* *SsS-ROM r5* *WM6.5(21890.5.0.88)* *Topaz Sense 2.5 Final*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
phones been acting kinda weird...

1st i try to add fav. ppl in ppl tab (1st one) picked view contact card then sense ui froze. had to soft reset, then checked ppl tab an it was there. and anyother fav. i added loaded fine after.

then i went ppl tab/all people slide to facebook section went menu/update then sense froze (10mins b4 i softreset) while it was booting up i get call, tried to slide 2 answer and it wouldnt answer (fine cuz phone was still booting) but after it finished loading tried to listen to voicemail an i had no sound...period. phone wouldnt ring (phone was connected in call) no sound. checked volume rocker, no sound when changing level. just the phone in all cases would not produce sound of any kind.

just weird stuff, soft reset, fixed. just sharing (think the getting call while booting caused sum problem w/ the sound. but thought id share anyways. but dont know bout the fb update an adding fav. 2 ppl tab causing sense ui shutdown.
I actually had the same problems when trying to add favorites and trying to update fb the first time. I actually got a connection error on fb. Then the device froze. The next time it was fine.

I don't know, I also get this lag sometimes with htc messaging. Sometimes it's very fast and sometimes it's VERY LAGGY. I went ahead and flashed back to stock and then re-flashed r5. It started acting a bit better, but I still have issues every now and then and I have to soft reset.

I'm also having an issue with the phone turning off on it's own after the backlight goes out and then pressing the power button doesn't bring it back up. So, I have to soft reset. Overall, I love the rom and everything it does... but I can't wait for r6, since deck said it's much more stable and faster...

Deck, if you need another tester, I'm game...

TG
"If I've shared info that was helpful 2 U, it's always nice 2 get a Thank You!"
Old 02-09-2010, 10:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have not experienced any of the issues you guys are talking about. My only concern right now is Sprint Provisioning/PRL Update/FirmWare cabs don't work. I want to be able to update my data profile and there's no way to do it with this rom because it doesn't have the updaters and the ones i have tried do nothing.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
phones been acting kinda weird...

1st i try to add fav. ppl in ppl tab (1st one) picked view contact card then sense ui froze. had to soft reset, then checked ppl tab an it was there. and anyother fav. i added loaded fine after.

then i went ppl tab/all people slide to facebook section went menu/update then sense froze (10mins b4 i softreset) while it was booting up i get call, tried to slide 2 answer and it wouldnt answer (fine cuz phone was still booting) but after it finished loading tried to listen to voicemail an i had no sound...period. phone wouldnt ring (phone was connected in call) no sound. checked volume rocker, no sound when changing level. just the phone in all cases would not produce sound of any kind.

just weird stuff, soft reset, fixed. just sharing (think the getting call while booting caused sum problem w/ the sound. but thought id share anyways. but dont know bout the fb update an adding fav. 2 ppl tab causing sense ui shutdown.

What programs do you have installed you may want to try a hard reset. If you installed anything with mortscript that could be your problem. I installed Ietoggle so I could go back to Pie then I start experiencing lockups in Manila, especially in messaging and getting a black screen while sense tried to catch up. I uninstalled it and deleted the mortscript Reg entries and I'm back to blazing speed and reliability.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

shodge is a n00b

Deck,

Any chance the documents tab will make its way back into R6? That is a really useful add in for me...

Thanks for all your efforts...

-Stan
Old 02-09-2010, 11:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

borntochill is becoming a great contributor

The boot splash screen says "HTC Quietly Brilliant," except that it's not so quiet. Any way to kill the jingle that plays during the screen animation?
Old 02-09-2010, 11:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Does somebody know how to get the "update profile/prl" cabs to work with this rom? I get a device id error on boot and nothing happens when i try to update either.
Thanks in advance.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

TP1085 is becoming a great contributor

wonder when we'll see r6. i was just really settling into r5 and had everything set up perfectly, but i know ill end up flashing r6 as soon as its out. is there a way to back up opera favorites?
Old 02-10-2010, 01:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Windows My Phone backs up web favorites
Old 02-10-2010, 01:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP1085 View Post
wonder when we'll see r6. i was just really settling into r5 and had everything set up perfectly, but i know ill end up flashing r6 as soon as its out. is there a way to back up opera favorites?
this works for opera mobile 10,not sure about the others. you can also use opera link if you're using om 10. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=594693
Old 02-10-2010, 01:53 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartisall View Post
What programs do you have installed you may want to try a hard reset. If you installed anything with mortscript that could be your problem. I installed Ietoggle so I could go back to Pie then I start experiencing lockups in Manila, especially in messaging and getting a black screen while sense tried to catch up. I uninstalled it and deleted the mortscript Reg entries and I'm back to blazing speed and reliability.
thanks 4 the thoughts (i know the routine) have done hard reset twice after clean flash(no probs w/ lag on rom execpt those isolated issues) have very minimal programs when this occured (no mort.)

so like i said, these issues were isolated to 1 time each (2 of them were prolly cause n affect of the other) i thinking it has more to do w/ sense 2.5 loading (sense seems frozen, prolly taking long time 2 load and/or semi crash) while the rest of the phone is usable, apps n such

agian thanks for the reply, but i dont think its a rom bug just kinda like a sense overload. just thought id share in cases
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development