View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 07:54 PM
Riley
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Very weird Ringer Issue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartisall View Post
Yep this keeps happening to me too, except its just on my texts my ringer works fine but the texts won't play a sound they just vibrate nonstop. Im not using any Bluetooth so Im not sure thats it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killher View Post
Yes, I am having this exact same complaint from my wife. I thought it was just because I'm a mumbler, but maybe not...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vradi View Post
Now that you mention it...the non-stop vibrating actually starts when the missed call alert/msg pops up if you do not pick up. While the phone in the "ring mode" there is no sound or vibration but you can tell that somebody is calling from looking at the screen.
So it looks that it might related to the alert/messaging system...

It is very likely that has nothing to do with bluetooth but it might be related to what other audio/media applications might still be open in the background. Before it happened I was using either kinoma play or nanogroove and even though I had stopped playing any music I had not fully exited the application.
Do you remember if you had any similar applications still open in the task manager?

Thanks,

vradi
Hi, I remember back in the early diamond days people complained on nonstop vibrating after they flashed to the verizon radio. I have not had this happen once but I also dont flash my radio. Found really no reason to change out the radio but I am wondering if there is some sort of capability issue. Previously, there were complaints of nonstop vibration when trying to access gps and it wouldnt stop without a soft reset and eventual hard reset. It could be that since my location is on, using gps to pull data, it may cause this but that's pure speculation of course. here's are some of the posts if you want to check this out. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/search.php?searchid=8544417

like I said this might not be the reason, but I hope this provides some assistance.

Last edited by Riley; 02-08-2010 at 08:04 PM.