PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 10:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: pro2
Carrier: sprint

birddseedd is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: <> 01-15-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5 & Titanium <> SYS 21889 & 23518

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Going to give your new 6.5 Titanium Rom a try......This will be my first Rom of yours I am trying. I think I am over Sense 2.5 and want to go back to Titanium. No point of using up the extra space for it.....Will post back with my thoughts. Thanks!
ever concider using neither? you can add the most used stuff to the home screen, calander, mail, IM. even icons to apps. then click the start menu and order your apps in the order of how often you use them.

not the pretties way to go about it, but deffinatly the fastest way to navigate your phone. i use mine on the go all day so i try to get everything to be as quick as possible with the least ammount of clicks.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:45 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip
Re: <> 01-15-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5 & Titanium <> SYS 21889 & 23518

Hey! I use to love using you're ROM's for the diamond, I saw you mention 2.1... I would love a 2.1 ROM with wm 6.5 =] or 6.1. thanks! using the tit ROM as we talk. loaded 2.1 via cab so no rush for you.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)
Carrier: Sprint

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post
ever concider using neither? you can add the most used stuff to the home screen, calander, mail, IM. even icons to apps. then click the start menu and order your apps in the order of how often you use them.

not the pretties way to go about it, but deffinatly the fastest way to navigate your phone. i use mine on the go all day so i try to get everything to be as quick as possible with the least ammount of clicks.
While function is the main goal, it has to look somewhat good as well. I cannot go back to using the plain windows homescreen.....I need that certain mix of function and style.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:00 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddseedd View Post

I have often thought of making just a plain ROM no titanium or manila/sense, not that i use just the plain htc home at all, but just for the fun of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBoyPhillip View Post
Hey! I use to love using you're ROM's for the diamond, I saw you mention 2.1... I would love a 2.1 ROM with wm 6.5 =] or 6.1. thanks! using the tit ROM as we talk. loaded 2.1 via cab so no rush for you.
What's up CaliBoyPhillip. Yeah, i tested a 2.1 beta tonight, kinda on the back burner for now though, it ran good, just one minor thing i need to fix, but it's gonna be a tricky fix. Also the 2.5 ROM is suprisingly stable and smooth, with great battery life to boot

On a side note, i spent my free time tonight upgrading the UPdater App. Added some browsing controls; back, forward, refresh. Resized app for both 6.5 and 6.5.x as there is a 16 pixel difference in displayed height due to the top taskbar being different sizes between Comm branches. Still working on adding scroll bars to web browsers, but this is a tough one because it's M$'s fault for not properly supporting their builds with proper SDK's As technically the scrollbars and gestural control are both built in features of the WB control, but due to lack of sdk or update support, it breaks on 6.5 and 6.5.x, oh well....

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Last edited by dibbson; 01-16-2010 at 03:11 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:12 AM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Hello Dibbson, thanks and sure don't worry, the plain titanium ROM do for now with 2.1 via cab, I have no idea but why does every TP2 ROM currently have high RAM usage.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:25 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

Just seems to be the nature of the beast. the diamond titanium roms i would make would hover between 28 and 40%. And now the TP2 titaniums range from 34 to 50%. It's not leaking, a leak (technically) keeps going, so as long as it kinda tops out, it's not a memory leak. It's funny though, Ram usage seems to be a little higher on average but the battery life is much better than the diamond which is weird considering the battery is only like 175 more mah than the diamond battery, 1500 compared to 1325. Not too much of a difference. But, more to the point, you could be running at like 70 or 80% and still be fine, it's only if you run out that it's bad, and i have yet to have that happen on any WM phone i've owned. I mean, you can run alot of desktop OS's on less memory than these phones have, so i don't think we have anything to worry about, lol.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:22 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

dibbson, would you consider adding RSS hub into the rom?

Also I was all excited about pandora but I guess it only plays half the song so I am wondering if this is useful anymore.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:08 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Your the second person to mention RSS Hub, that is something I don't use, but i'll check and see if i have a working package for one thought. I do however, have a working version of Pandora, i just hate the tiny GUI, lol. I wish Pandora had an open API so i could lay a better GUI over it (would take me 10 minutes), lol. I did however get Grooveshark working Very good right after i released the 21889 Roms. Both Pandora and Grooveshark will be in the next Updates.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

neilson is keeping up the good workneilson is keeping up the good work

And now that there's an SMS fix for Sprint and USCC(with Verizon expected in the near future), we can expect for those ROMs from here on out to have that cooked in too?
Old 01-16-2010, 01:26 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Well, thats a tricky question, because that fix was made more for "Stock" roms as custom rom's use different OEM driver's. The ONLY difference between what i have in my rom now and what the fix does, is if you have your phone turned off with the sprint/htc fix it will display the correct time stamp while the phone is off. While the non official, it would show the time being as when you turned on the phone. If you never really turn your phone off, you would never notice the difference. Also, i did make an OEM, but it does not work. I don't think anyone's been able to cook an OEM for it. I have heard that the cab is the only way to go, which still has not worked for most people except those running stock roms. Please correct me if I am wrong about any of that, but that's just my understanding after some conversations and testing.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development