PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2010, 03:51 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson
Re: <> 01-15-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5 & Titanium <> SYS 21889 & 23518

I will see what i can do about the voice command, i have several diff packages, i just haven't really used it that much if at all. And the sense 2.5 roms will be nice, I think everyone will be pretty pleased with it on the next updates, as i have been concentrating on the 2.5 build pretty heavily since i released the 21889 ROM's. Here are a couple of pics of the landscape bg4all working correctly now.

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Old 01-17-2010, 05:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: verizon

dakota_96 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: <> 01-15-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5 & Titanium <> SYS 21889 & 23518

Great ROM. I tried all the sense 2.5 ones thus far and this is the most stable and fastest of them all. However, this is the only ROM that I have not been able to install Garmin Mobile XT. The working icon while installing spins forever. Any ideas as to what may be causing this? I am using the VZW 21889 version.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahlsr View Post
Hey dibbson, I've been looking for a Titanium only Rom to try as I'm looking for performance and the least amount of clicking to do stuff. Do you know which ROM is the 'snappiest' out of the two builds you are using? I'll flash on Mon and would also vote for RSS Hub
Thanks for your hard work!
I am using Titanium 21889 and it is solid. Has been running great and snappy as hell. I have tried the 6.5.3 Roms from other cooks in the past, but not being able to close apps with the x button has always been the deal breaker. I hate having to take an extra step to close everything. I have tried the new 23518 Roms as well, and I must say they have come a long way.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

dwmackay is becoming a great contributor

Greetings,

I am running the 1-15 21889 Medium Verizon ROM. Has anyone been able to get TellMe to work? I thought the problem might be NETCF, but I could not get that to install.

Any advice is appreciated.

Doug M.

Edit: I figured it out. You have to have MS Voice Command installed before TellMe will work. If you have not used TellMe before, it is worth a try. Pretty cool App.

Last edited by dwmackay; 01-17-2010 at 09:35 AM.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

dwmackay is becoming a great contributor

I'll Try another question.

Is there a cab that will give me more program shortcuts? I like the size of the icons at 3 wide, but I would prefer a deeper list; 15 or so would do it.

I searched, but there are so many responses and different cabs floating around I was not sure which one to use. I don't want to break anything by installing the wrong CAB.

Thanks for any advice.

Doug M.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:57 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota_96 View Post
Great ROM. I tried all the sense 2.5 ones thus far and this is the most stable and fastest of them all. However, this is the only ROM that I have not been able to install Garmin Mobile XT. The working icon while installing spins forever. Any ideas as to what may be causing this? I am using the VZW 21889 version.
Thanks for the compliments but i'm not sure about the Garmin Mobile XT, i usually use google maps, and i have a regular gps unit for the car. Does the Garmin Mobile XT use voice command? if so, then it would be because i do not have voice command added at this time, will be added during next update. If it does not then i'm not sure off hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
I am using Titanium 21889 and it is solid. Has been running great and snappy as hell. I have tried the 6.5.3 Roms from other cooks in the past, but not being able to close apps with the x button has always been the deal breaker. I hate having to take an extra step to close everything. I have tried the new 23518 Roms as well, and I must say they have come a long way.
Thanks for the kind words about my rom. Yes, my 23518 ROMs do have the Showcase Taskmanager set to close on tap of the X button. Also when you close opera or IE, make sure you "Exit" the app and not just X button or it will stay open, just they way those are programmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmackay View Post
Greetings,

I am running the 1-15 21889 Medium Verizon ROM. Has anyone been able to get TellMe to work? I thought the problem might be NETCF, but I could not get that to install.

Any advice is appreciated.

Doug M.

Edit: I figured it out. You have to have MS Voice Command installed before TellMe will work. If you have not used TellMe before, it is worth a try. Pretty cool App.
Quote:

Is there a cab that will give me more program shortcuts? I like the size of the icons at 3 wide, but I would prefer a deeper list; 15 or so would do it.

I searched, but there are so many responses and different cabs floating around I was not sure which one to use. I don't want to break anything by installing the wrong CAB.

Thanks for any advice.

Doug M.
Yeah, voice command will be added to the next update, and netcf will error out if it is already installed. And the start menu will keep going down if you add more, i just put things in folders so people wouldn't have to scroll down all the time to find stuff. Or do you mean you want more than 4 across? You can always use reStart to rearrange the start menu or file explorer. If i misunderstund your question, i'm sorry, just woke up
Old 01-17-2010, 04:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

jryan is a n00b

when are you planning on releasing the next update? the landscape bg4all looks great!!
Old 01-17-2010, 05:00 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryan View Post
when are you planning on releasing the next update? the landscape bg4all looks great!!
Right now i'm finishing updating some kitchen files, after that i will start testing some roms. So tonight at the earliest and tomorrow at the latest, Hopefully, i can have at least half up tonight (probably after 10pm est), and i will start with the 6.5.x first.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Dibbson, Santod just released a cab with the BG4all and several other items installed.

I know that he does good work. Maybe it would be worthwhile to add some of his stuff?

Just a comment.

Thanks
Old 01-17-2010, 10:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

macsrgr84me is becoming a great contributor

Quote:

Thanks for any advice.

Doug M.
If you're talking about the 3 across in the home tab of sense UI 2.5, then try max manila 2.5 version 2.81 beta at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=551489.

I've got it loaded with Dibbson's 23518 sense 2.5 ROM from 1-9-2010, and it works great.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development