PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2010, 01:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

neilson is keeping up the good workneilson is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: <> 01-15-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5 & Titanium <> SYS 21889 & 23518

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
Well, thats a tricky question, because that fix was made more for "Stock" roms as custom rom's use different OEM driver's. The ONLY difference between what i have in my rom now and what the fix does, is if you have your phone turned off with the sprint/htc fix it will display the correct time stamp while the phone is off. While the non official, it would show the time being as when you turned on the phone. If you never really turn your phone off, you would never notice the difference. Also, i did make an OEM, but it does not work. I don't think anyone's been able to cook an OEM for it. I have heard that the cab is the only way to go, which still has not worked for most people except those running stock roms. Please correct me if I am wrong about any of that, but that's just my understanding after some conversations and testing.
So essentially, we have to wait until someone comes out with an OEM-neutral fix that still corrects the timestamp server-side for SMS. Not a problem, and between those here and at xda I'm sure the wait won't be that long.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

janeth! is a n00b
Re: <> 01-15-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5 & Titanium <> SYS 21889 & 23518

sweet! im glad to see your adding grooveshark to your roms! your 2.5 rom has basically all the packages i like...thanks!i do notice on the 23518 version it tends to randomly lock up and i have to try pressing the start button and slide out the keyboard to kinda unlock it...but other then that ...everything is still running pretty well...thanks
Old 01-16-2010, 01:36 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson

that issue will be fixed when i update the 23xxx base ROMs. And yes, Grooveshark has been working flawlessly the last 2 days for me since i got it working. The 21889 2.5 ROM definitely has not locked up on me once since i loaded it as I have been running that the last couple of days cuz i needed to readjust the gui layout for the updater app a little.

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Old 01-16-2010, 01:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

janeth! is a n00b

is the main difference from the two builds just where the start button is set up? with 21889 at the top? and are you possibly working on an update as well for 23518 like the other builds?
Old 01-16-2010, 01:58 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

Yeah thats the only diff, other than the updates listed in post 1 "whats in the rom". Yeah, i was hoping a newer 23xxx build would have dropped by now, if there isnt something by monday i'll just update the 23518
Old 01-16-2010, 03:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro CDMA

wteviper is a n00b

I am having an issue when I send sms from htc messaging it tries to send it via mms. and it is never recieved, if I send with ms text app it works ok, but I have to read it in manilla (when I try to read it in the txt app the list of messages is just blank). I installed the zenyee htc messaging disabler and now I can send sms from manilla but it is still weird.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:16 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Which ROM are you on 23518 or 21889?
Old 01-17-2010, 02:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

tahlsr is becoming a great contributor

Hey dibbson, I've been looking for a Titanium only Rom to try as I'm looking for performance and the least amount of clicking to do stuff. Do you know which ROM is the 'snappiest' out of the two builds you are using? I'll flash on Mon and would also vote for RSS Hub
Thanks for your hard work!
Old 01-17-2010, 02:54 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Both titanium builds are pretty similar. I do have to admit, i find the bottom taskbar of 6.5.x more convenient especially with showcase taskmanager linked to the start menu button just by pressing and holding. Also threaded email is nice on 23518. But 21889 seems rock solid as well, and I pulled the newer Office 2010 build from 23518 and put it in 21889. No threaded email, but it's a good build. I'll see what i can do about adding RSS hub. Also, lots of new stuff will be in the updated bases. Grooveshark (working great, been enjoying that the last few days since i got it working), newer 6.5 core files, also PRL/FW updates now work, BG4All on Sense 2.5 (got it working without screwing up landscape, working really good, once this gets put into the Base, all you have to do is download the titanium theme and the corresponding wallpaper, and taskbars for the theme you want, i won't have to make specific manila files anymore, yay me! lol), better version of pandora, a few updated packages and files. So lots of goodies and i'm sure i left a couple of things out.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hey Dibbson, I just tried your 23518 Sprint ROM and it is looking good.

I do however, have one request. I love voice command! could we please have that in the ROM and or a cab to install it???

Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development