PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 06:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)
Carrier: Sprint

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: <> 01-25-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5 & Titanium <> SYS 21889 & 23518

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
Ok, got a semi new core in place now. New 6.5 OEM Drivers, with the older more stable Kernel. Seems pretty snappy so far. Should have something to download and test soon.
I usually get that once a year sickness, but tap on my computer, I haven't git it yet!

Sense 2.5 since you got me back into it?

Also seem to have a problem with groovefish now. Do you know if it is working in the new Rom?
Old 01-28-2010, 06:22 PM
VIP Member

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: <> 01-25-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5 & Titanium <> SYS 21889 & 23518

Any idea how to disable the g-sensor? I hate pulling the phone out of my case and having it spin between landscape and portrait while it is ringing. I have yet to find a way to disable this....
Old 01-28-2010, 06:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

neilson is keeping up the good workneilson is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
Ok, got a semi new core in place now. New 6.5 OEM Drivers, with the older more stable Kernel. Seems pretty snappy so far. Should have something to download and test soon.
Awesome, I'll be ready to test it when the time is right.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Tannerj is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Any idea how to disable the g-sensor? I hate pulling the phone out of my case and having it spin between landscape and portrait while it is ringing. I have yet to find a way to disable this....
eman,

I have this same problem.... what case are you using? I asked this same question in another thread and they asked me if had a magnet case. So I did some testing on this and the magnet from my case is what causes my problem. Here is what I did for testing. With your phone out of the case, set it on a table and the case closed run the front of the case over the screen. It changes the orientation from protrait to landscape. I am using the HTC case with 2 magnets on the flat of the case. What I figured out was when you pull your phone out to answer you are running the phone close to the magnets on the flap and that is what is changing it.

I have even been able to run the case over the phone with it locked (no pin) and it will unlock the phone and change the orientation of the phone.

I do not have a fix, I am looking for a new case. I don't know if this is your problem or not, just thought I would let you know what hell I have been going through...

Later...tannerj
Old 01-28-2010, 08:28 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannerj View Post
eman,

I have this same problem.... what case are you using? I asked this same question in another thread and they asked me if had a magnet case. So I did some testing on this and the magnet from my case is what causes my problem. Here is what I did for testing. With your phone out of the case, set it on a table and the case closed run the front of the case over the screen. It changes the orientation from protrait to landscape. I am using the HTC case with 2 magnets on the flat of the case. What I figured out was when you pull your phone out to answer you are running the phone close to the magnets on the flap and that is what is changing it.

I have even been able to run the case over the phone with it locked (no pin) and it will unlock the phone and change the orientation of the phone.

I do not have a fix, I am looking for a new case. I don't know if this is your problem or not, just thought I would let you know what hell I have been going through...

Later...tannerj
Oh yes, I already know this is my problem. It is a case I got from walmart but it was one of the few cases I found that fit the phone so well. It is so annoying though. I hate velcro cases because it makes a noise everytime you open it......

There must be a way to turn off the g-sensor. I never even use that thing anyway!
Old 01-28-2010, 08:35 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson

Ok, Test ROM PM's have been sent, let the testing begin.

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:05 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cls_ View Post
Dibbson, Can't wait to try the next official Verizon rom w/ Sense 2.5 and SYS 23518... or better.
Same here except sprint.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:14 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

No comment on the test rom propagandax?
Old 01-29-2010, 12:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (EnergyROM) 28011

klynch1969 is a n00b

dibbson, I moved over to your Sense 2.5 rom around 10 days ago and have found it perhaps the most stable and least memory intensive of any of the popular ROM builds. I am really looking forward to having a build where the MH Life Updater is working. I didn't try the test ROM yet, because I knew you where still working on integrating and changing key features. So I will wait for the next round of testing to complete and see what becomes of the next build.

p.s. I too got the illness. The main part lasted 5 days, and it took another 7 days for the stuffy green stuff to go away. Hang in there.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:32 AM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by klynch1969 View Post
dibbson, I moved over to your Sense 2.5 rom around 10 days ago and have found it perhaps the most stable and least memory intensive of any of the popular ROM builds. I am really looking forward to having a build where the MH Life Updater is working. I didn't try the test ROM yet, because I knew you where still working on integrating and changing key features. So I will wait for the next round of testing to complete and see what becomes of the next build.

p.s. I too got the illness. The main part lasted 5 days, and it took another 7 days for the stuffy green stuff to go away. Hang in there.

Sent you a PM, and yeah, it usually takes me about 2 weeks as i had the same thing last year, sucks.....

Also, waiting to hear about tests on the 6.5 ROMs, working on the 6.5.x test ROMs now.

Last edited by dibbson; 01-29-2010 at 12:39 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development