PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 02:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)
Carrier: Sprint

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: <> 01-25-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5 & Titanium <> SYS 21889 & 23518

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
Ding, Ding, Ding, fight....... lol. I thought about that last night actually. Starting with 6.5 titanium, and working my way up. I would have gotten more done yesterday, but i got this new cough syrup which made me very very sleepy, lol.
Come on Dibbs, you are playing this sick card way to long now. Get back in your cave and start pounding out some Roms!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-28-2010, 02:34 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: <> 01-25-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5 & Titanium <> SYS 21889 & 23518

Sense 2.5 was working fine on 1-9 or 1-15 wm6.5.x release...........or at least before the 1-21 release.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:40 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscawley View Post
What if Dibbs were to focus on getting a Titanium build stable first? Sense 2.5 (Leo) wasn't really meant for the TP2, so mods have been done over time to support landscape, etc. Even some basic stuff (i.e. Volume Control or Contacts Tab that PropagandaX mentioned in his last post) seem to be more Sense than OS related.

If he can get a rock solid Titanium (core) build, any issues with the subsequent Sense 2.5 build should be easier to troubleshoot.

Thoughts?
I could be wrong but the I think the contact tab doesnt work because the phone canvas is not there, same thing with the HTC volume control. Anyways when i started following this rom i didnt realy care for 2.5 but now Im hooked so for my own selfish reasons i want 2.5

Can't people just disable Sense 2.5 and use titanium?
Old 01-28-2010, 03:05 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Come on Dibbs, you are playing this sick card way to long now. Get back in your cave and start pounding out some Roms!!!!!!!!!
???? I usually get sick once a year with the same thing. I would be more than happy to trade it to you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post
I could be wrong but the I think the contact tab doesnt work because the phone canvas is not there, same thing with the HTC volume control. Anyways when i started following this rom i didnt realy care for 2.5 but now Im hooked so for my own selfish reasons i want 2.5

That option is there? lol. Uploading a base titanium test ROM. This one has titanium weather, and atcontacts.

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Old 01-28-2010, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kscawley is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
And that is what I often do. But just because Sense isn't enabled doesn't mean some of its components don't impact the rest of the system. I still occasionally have the volume issue you have, even when I switch off Sense and run Titanium or Mobile Shell.

Don't get me wrong - There are definitely things about Sense that I like. I much prefer the HTC pop up menus instead of the stock ones. I also like the HTC Dialer better.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

HTC dialer is back in, i think i got it worked out.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc rhodium
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cls_ is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Anyways when i started following this rom i didnt realy care for 2.5 but now Im hooked so for my own selfish reasons i want 2.5

I hear that. There are certain features that I prefer in sense 2.5 rather than 2.1. Also got spoiled with the start menu on the bottom, I just can't seem to go back to a rom with the start menu on the top.

On another note, I had to drop y
our Verizon SYS 23518 - 1-21-2010. It started becoming unstable for me, plus my wifi kept acting up. I was going to go back to your 1/15, or older rom, but decided to try the newest energy rom. It is actually pretty nice.... BUT THERE IS NO MEMORY to work with. Aahahhahah.

Dibbson, Can't wait to try the next official Verizon rom w/ Sense 2.5 and SYS 23518... or better.

Last edited by cls_; 01-28-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:29 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Confirmed, HTC dialer works now, and also the blue tooth icon now shows correctly in the top taskbar. Working on a couple other things, getting close to something good though.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Sprintdaddy is a n00b

Cool. I really want to try out one of your ROM's, waiting for the newest one. I have tried a few but can't really settle on one to stay with for a longer term. I need to get some of the plugins for titanium, the more I use the more I kinda like the simple but fast nature of it.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:11 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Ok, got a semi new core in place now. New 6.5 OEM Drivers, with the older more stable Kernel. Seems pretty snappy so far. Should have something to download and test soon.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development