PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 03:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X & TP2
Carrier: VZW

mugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuffmugsy77 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: <> 01-15-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5 & Titanium <> SYS 21889 & 23518

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
Thanks for all the feedback Yeah, i really dont' like myphone hence the no addition of it.
All I use it for is to restore Contacts and Calendar... I hate it as well! Lol!

I use Sashimi, but have found a simple way of restoring them such as a script. PimBackup is not reliable for me on certain ROMs, so I don't use that much. I know I can do a Backup of PIM using Sashimi, then doing a restore, but I would think there is a simpler way for just contacts and calendar. What do you use, Dibb?

-The whole pleasure of marriage is that it is a perpetual crisis — GK Chesterton
Old 01-15-2010, 03:28 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson
Re: <> 01-15-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5 & Titanium <> SYS 21889 & 23518

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post
Thanks for your reply and heads up on using the ftp in landscape.
No problem, enjoy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wteviper View Post
When I connect to my pc it does not come up with option for internet sharing, storage, or active sync. I just connects with active sync. How do I fix that?
Your not the first one to ask, i posted a CAB a few days ago on here and on the Updater. I had an issue with the USB to PC package i had, so i left it out of the 21887 and 23518, I did however end up getting a better package for 21889, and the next update for 6.5.x series will include it. Until then, i made a CAB for USB to PC for the TP2 as i could not find one anywhere on PPCG or XDA except for VGA, and then that looks all silly, lol. The only thing it doesn't do is add the internet sharing on top of whats already there. Here is the link, hope that helps, here's the link or it's available under CAB's on the Updater

http://mediumhill.alexauv.com/CABs/M...20to%20USB.cab

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Old 01-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugsy77 View Post
All I use it for is to restore Contacts and Calendar... I hate it as well! Lol!

I use Sashimi, but have found a simple way of restoring them such as a script. PimBackup is not reliable for me on certain ROMs, so I don't use that much. I know I can do a Backup of PIM using Sashimi, then doing a restore, but I would think there is a simpler way for just contacts and calendar. What do you use, Dibb?
PIM works fine on my ROMs, thats what i use. But i have not tried the calendar part, just everything else. I don't use the Calendar much. I use PIM for contacts and contact pics, text messages, Call History, pretty much everything but calendar, and just keep a copy of PIM and the backup in the same directory on my storage card. Works everytime on my ROMs, but like i said i haven't used the calendar, so you may want to try that. But i know PIM works fine and doesn't cause any issues with my ROMs.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Going to give your new 6.5 Titanium Rom a try......This will be my first Rom of yours I am trying. I think I am over Sense 2.5 and want to go back to Titanium. No point of using up the extra space for it.....Will post back with my thoughts. Thanks!
Old 01-15-2010, 03:40 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Cool, I hope you enjoy and yeah, lots of space on the titanium ones, even a little more space than the previous build actually with more stuff added. Memory mapping has further been enhanced with these new builds (no compression though, i would never use that on my ROMs, lol).

Out of curiosity, i'm curious as to how many people would be interested in a 2.1 Rom. Just figured i would ask bfor i go and give myself 6 more Roms to add to the 12 that r there, lol. For a total of 9 per SYS update.... At least its easier and more organised than bfor,

Last edited by dibbson; 01-15-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

quazimodem is keeping up the good workquazimodem is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Going to give your new 6.5 Titanium Rom a try......This will be my first Rom of yours I am trying. I think I am over Sense 2.5 and want to go back to Titanium. No point of using up the extra space for it.....Will post back with my thoughts. Thanks!
I'll be looking forward to hearing your review on that. I've read good things about dibbson's release but the deal breaker has been because he was running 21884 (I think) and didn't have a titanium rom and maybe certain apps that I don't care for. For the most part, I'm happy with what I'm using now....

I'm glad to see a titanium 21889 build no less. I'm trying to resist the urge to flash so make sure to post your feedback. :P
Old 01-15-2010, 06:54 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
Out of curiosity, i'm curious as to how many people would be interested in a 2.1 Rom. Just figured i would ask bfor i go and give myself 6 more Roms to add to the 12 that r there, lol. For a total of 9 per SYS update.... At least its easier and more organised than bfor,
I would be interested in a 2.1 rom with 6.5.X....... 2.5 is ok but....well you know....
Old 01-15-2010, 07:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

neilson is keeping up the good workneilson is keeping up the good work

I didn't see it on the worklog, but do the newest ROMs for Sprint incorporate the official HTC 2016 SMS fix?
Old 01-15-2010, 07:37 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by quazimodem View Post
I'll be looking forward to hearing your review on that. I've read good things about dibbson's release but the deal breaker has been because he was running 21884 (I think) and didn't have a titanium rom and maybe certain apps that I don't care for. For the most part, I'm happy with what I'm using now....

I'm glad to see a titanium 21889 build no less. I'm trying to resist the urge to flash so make sure to post your feedback. :P
Only way to know is to Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post
I would be interested in a 2.1 rom with 6.5.X....... 2.5 is ok but....well you know....
Flashing a beta build now actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilson View Post
I didn't see it on the worklog, but do the newest ROMs for Sprint incorporate the official HTC 2016 SMS fix?
The 21889 Rom's were made just before the release of that fix. Going forward, official fix will be included, as i have already made an OEM package out of the official release. Roms will continue to work fine with SMS until then.

Last edited by dibbson; 01-15-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

After a short use of the Rom it seems really responsive and stable so far. I haven't really put it through any true test yet but for the short time it looks good. Loaded with some great stuff and a lot of free memory available. Seems smoother then other Titanium Roms I have tried today......GPS locked quickly as well. Start menu is organized nice also....

One thing I wish was for people to still skin Titanium because it is pretty cool with some of the enhancements they have. Unfortunately it looks skinners gave up.......Although right now I have everything I need right on my today screen without the lag of Sense......

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development