PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2010, 12:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

imsavant is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: <> 01-08-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5 & Titanium <> SYS 21887 & 23518

So looking forward to them
Old 01-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson
Re: <> 01-08-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5 & Titanium <> SYS 21887 & 23518

Ok, I took down post 2 and 3 in preparation, also finished post 1 and put the Sense 2.5 links up. The 21887 6.5 Sense 2.5 Links are G2G. 23518, I noticed a minor glitch with some memory mapping, so i pulled the downloads yet again ( I really don't think anyone realizes how many times i've pulled this upload between yesterday and today, but i'm trying to give you the best bases possible as quickly as possible so bare with me). So try out the 6.5 Sense 2.5 and see what you think. 23518 will be exactly the same except for the obvious bottom taskbar

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!

RONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuff
Re: <> 01-09-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5 & Titanium <> SYS 21887 & 23518

OK Gonna use 21887 for now but really want 23518.

Thanks for checking and making sure all is well before releasing.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:53 PM
N00b

Re: <> 01-09-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5 & Titanium <> SYS 21887 & 23518

Im going to hold out for the 23518 release, but really appreciate you taking all the time and effort to make it right for us!
Old 01-09-2010, 01:56 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community

Yea, i'm trying to get it down, to just nit picky stuff. The only 2 things I found with the 21887 2.5 ROM "so far" is listed there with it in post 1. Overall, I think the new files i got yesterday really helped with some stability issues. 2.5 Seems to run alot better now. Flashing another 23518 ROM now. Really not sure what is up with it. Titanium build is fine with the memory, for some reason it was not with the 2.5. I'll get it worked out soon.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

dkaka2k is just getting started

good job dibb on getting it right. Its great to have the extra flexibility in manila 2.5 with a stable 23518. When I hit download, its sure to be freeze free rom for the most part.

Ive used a freeze free test to compare rom stability as follows:

1) installing multiple programs at once that require a hard reset but reject the resetting when prompted.
2) Setup and reconcile email.
3) Go into manila 2.5 or arc-soft-whatever stable messaging UI is available and send "me" a picture mail to my phone number alongside a cc to my email adress setup above.
4) restore contacts and make sure pic mail came through sprints service and email adress
5) Monitor manila speed on TF3D and start menu navigation speed.

If ROM doesn't freeze after these motions, its less likely to during use.

Ive used Juicy's R4 though he had up to R7 out. Even though its not landscaped, its a perfect stable build 21887, i.e. everything works perfectly.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Ok, 23518 Sense 2.5 is uploading now!! Finally, lol, memory mapping issue resolved. Anyways, Sprint should be done uploading in about an hour followed quickly by Verizon and USCC. Gonna take a break while these upload, i don't know how many times i flashed my phone trying to fix this the last few hours, lol. After they upload, I will start fixing Post #2 and Post #3. Enjoy!!
Old 01-09-2010, 04:33 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
Ok, 23518 Sense 2.5 is uploading now!! Finally, lol, memory mapping issue resolved. Anyways, Sprint should be done uploading in about an hour followed quickly by Verizon and USCC. Gonna take a break while these upload, i don't know how many times i flashed my phone trying to fix this the last few hours, lol. After they upload, I will start fixing Post #2 and Post #3. Enjoy!!
YAY!!

Is the mms going to be the same it has been for sprint? I noticed in Merdinh's newest rom he has arcsoft mms replacing the sense msging very nicely. As in when you get a msg it shows and you can click right in and reply without having to go into all msgs to do so. Sounds simple, but in function it is fantastic. All msging just works without having to jump around between different programs and such. So far the only 6.5.3 and 2.5 rom that has done that so fluidly.

I know people really like the sense msging and if it could all function from the same place for sprint I would too, but it could be a nice fluid option for sprint people.

Again REALLY appreciate all your hard work. It's amazing.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:42 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

He either reprogrammed the softkey to go there or he left out HTC Messaging. I have not ran his ROM, so i'm just guessing. If I leave out HTC Messaging, it works that way with the All Messages softkey, but.... I have it like I do, because, i think the majority percentage of messages being sent are SMS, so thats why I left HTC Messaging there for quick SMS. And here is a idea for ya, On your Sense Home tab, just put the text app from accessories as a quick link on one of the 3 if you really want quick access to MMS.

and a quick upload status while i'm replying
Sprint 23518 2.5 = 40% uploaded
Verizon 23518 2.5=10% Uploaded
USCC 23518 2.5 = 0% Uploaded

Last edited by dibbson; 01-09-2010 at 04:45 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:47 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
He either reprogrammed the softkey to go there or he left out HTC Messaging. I have not ran his ROM, so i'm just guessing. If I leave out HTC Messaging, it works that way with the All Messages softkey, but.... I have it like I do, because, i think the majority percentage of messages being sent are SMS, so thats why I left HTC Messaging there for quick SMS. And here is a idea for ya, On your Sense Home tab, just put the text app from accessories as a quick link on one of the 3 if you really want quick access to MMS.

and a quick upload status while i'm replying
Sprint 23518 2.5 = 40% uploaded
Verizon 23518 2.5=10% Uploaded
USCC 23518 2.5 = 0% Uploaded
That would work for the soft key, but what about clicking on a msg in the manilla? Thats the part that I mostly enjoy, but I haven't a clue how to accomplish it. Really appreciate your help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development