PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 04:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROMs][KITCHEN]->>Oct 13<<6.5 NK-RZ Baseline 3.2 released! 23069

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
thanks... one word of caution though just in general. if you need your phone for work I don't think it's a good practice to rely on a rom you JUST flashed that nobody else has even run yet.. what if there is a horrible bug and your phone becomes unusable? I am not saying there are such bugs in my rom... I have tested it but 23069 is only HOURS old. this is very bleeding edge of the COM3 branch...
No, I don't need my phone for work. I'll just be at work and won't be able to report on it till I'm back home. I can do without it for a few hours should something go horribly wrong. It's exciting stuff being on the very bleeding edge! Thanks for sharing it!

Flashing as we speak! Is it really necessary to let the customizations run all the way before I hard reset, or can I hard reset as soon as I can after having flashed?
Old 10-13-2009, 04:14 PM
Lat
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

Lat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
awesome sauce rz. i'm downloading as we speak =)

i always rely on my phone, and i always love bleeding edge, haha.

that's why a microsd card reader + myphone are always available at my fingertips for a quick flash if necessary

is there a specific reason you don't like the tachi dialer raidzero? i actually love it.

thanks again, looking forward to trying your latest and greatest

Replaced by an HTC Desire: DeFroST 5.x w/ HAVS kernel, 1113MHz ondemand
Old 10-13-2009, 04:16 PM
Lat
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

Lat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Flashing as we speak! Is it really necessary to let the customizations run all the way before I hard reset, or can I hard reset as soon as I can after having flashed?
After flashing via SD card, I normally immediately hard reset as soon as the "update complete" message comes up. Works fine for me =)

By and by, glad you're liking the recommendation for RZ's bleeding edge as a Juicy replacement
Old 10-13-2009, 04:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

m_reyna_16 is becoming a great contributor

any word on when the new kitchen will be up?
Old 10-13-2009, 04:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lat View Post
After flashing via SD card, I normally immediately hard reset as soon as the "update complete" message comes up. Works fine for me =)

By and by, glad you're liking the recommendation for RZ's bleeding edge as a Juicy replacement
wow, those are strong words! thanks! about hard reset, what I do is just hard reset with the volume down, center, power button immediately after flash.
the tachi dialer is fast, and I will be going to it.. it also is needed to work with all the manila functions, like calling from TF3D and call history I assume
Old 10-13-2009, 04:24 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_reyna_16 View Post
any word on when the new kitchen will be up?
maybe tomorrow. I really haven't worked on the kitchen itself besides trying new builds in pursuit of fixing the in-call keypad issue, but it looks like that's not going to happen, I have made up my mind to use tachi dialer from here on out. I am going to make it easier to integrate new SYS versions into the kitchen and upload, it will have 23069, 23017 and maybe 21435 (old 6.5). I will probably add a 6.1 build too.. but that's later.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
wow, those are strong words! thanks! about hard reset, what I do is just hard reset with the volume down, center, power button immediately after flash.
the tachi dialer is fast, and I will be going to it.. it also is needed to work with all the manila functions, like calling from TF3D and call history I assume
so then your saying to not let the customizations run? isnt that what changes everything, installs cabs, etc?
Old 10-13-2009, 04:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
maybe tomorrow. I really haven't worked on the kitchen itself besides trying new builds in pursuit of fixing the in-call keypad issue, but it looks like that's not going to happen, I have made up my mind to use tachi dialer from here on out. I am going to make it easier to integrate new SYS versions into the kitchen and upload, it will have 23069, 23017 and maybe 21435 (old 6.5). I will probably add a 6.1 build too.. but that's later.
that sounds cool!
Old 10-13-2009, 05:10 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_reyna_16 View Post
so then your saying to not let the customizations run? isnt that what changes everything, installs cabs, etc?
let the customizations run, but it doesnt matter when you hard reset after you flash. I just prefer to do it the second it is done before the phone boots for the first time then I dont hard reset again, it will boot and let the customizations run and then reboot again and you'll be good to go. let the customizations run, for my kitchen it sets the theme (flamerise) and installs some reg tweaks, no cabs excet for the sprintdm thing, needed by sprint..not sure what it does
Old 10-13-2009, 05:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
let the customizations run, but it doesnt matter when you hard reset after you flash. I just prefer to do it the second it is done before the phone boots for the first time then I dont hard reset again, it will boot and let the customizations run and then reboot again and you'll be good to go. let the customizations run, for my kitchen it sets the theme (flamerise) and installs some reg tweaks, no cabs excet for the sprintdm thing, needed by sprint..not sure what it does
gotcha, raid, i have to give props to you! the new 23069 rom you posted is freakin fast! there are some things you may want to look at....

bluetooth explorer is in both the system tools and tools folder. also, customization folder doesnt have anything...dont know if both of these things i mentioned are done on purpose or mistake, just letting you know...

nothing bad, just trying to help make it "better" i guess, no bad thoughts intended..

EDIT: you should include this new system in the kitchen, im liking it!

Last edited by m_reyna_16; 10-13-2009 at 05:24 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development