PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 08:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

scuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROMs][KITCHEN]->>Oct 13<<6.5 NK-RZ Baseline 3.2 released! 23069

raidzero,

You should think about including Showcase Suite 1.1.0 in the next build.

It includes the manila fix position and a working task manager. You can also add other applications to use the fix position in the registry. It fixes Manila and Resco Explorer by default

Hold OK or the X and it terminates the application. Hold the start button and it brings up the a list of running tasks.

To me this is a must for any 6.5.1 rom.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...03&postcount=3
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuccia View Post
raidzero,

It includes the manila fix position and a working task manager. You can also add other applications to use the fix position in the registry. It fixes Manila and Resco Explorer by default

Hold OK or the X and it terminates the application. Hold the start button and it brings up the a list of running tasks.

hmm thanks for the tip. I have used showcase in one of my roms before but found it to be buggy and a memory hog. that was before the NK though, and was way before I was cooking with 6.5.1. I will be trying it out again thanks!
Old 10-13-2009, 08:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

scuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
hmm thanks for the tip. I have used showcase in one of my roms before but found it to be buggy and a memory hog. that was before the NK though, and was way before I was cooking with 6.5.1. I will be trying it out again thanks!
I had the same problem with previous versions but this one is awesome. The task manager issue is the biggest problem with 6.5.1 and this fixes it completely.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:14 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community

cool! It didnt take long to figure out why the CDMA sms fix wasnt incorporated, the gen y manila package overwrites, moved it to the end and we will see..
Old 10-13-2009, 09:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

m_reyna_16 is becoming a great contributor

hopefully this will fix it!
Old 10-14-2009, 12:10 AM
Lat
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

Lat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuffLat knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuccia View Post
raidzero,

Yup, I've been using Showcase for my task manager too since I started using 6.5.1 =D

Been using the ROM since RZ posted it, and it's super speedy with no major issues.

The missing send icon on the WM SMS client I noticed, but that's probably just a bug of the 23069 build.
Also, I'm not sure why there's a 6kb Opera.exe process that starts on boot (I believe it interferes with my GPS' TTS)...I'm using a disable push internet cab, that used to resolve the issue with other ROMs.

Anyways, not a huge deal as mentioned (otherwise it's a perfectly stable, smooth rom!)

Replaced by an HTC Desire: DeFroST 5.x w/ HAVS kernel, 1113MHz ondemand
Old 10-14-2009, 09:26 AM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

alright things i've noticed.
manila screws up once i run cleanram level2 or use customize tabs and it reloads manila
youtube from internet tab says videos can't be played
and no taskbar unless i totally fail at finding where it is in the corner.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:39 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0mbiexx View Post
alright things i've noticed.
manila screws up once i run cleanram level2 or use customize tabs and it reloads manila
youtube from internet tab says videos can't be played
and no taskbar unless i totally fail at finding where it is in the corner.
there is no taskmanager in 6.5.1. youtube I will look into, I have not run cleanram either so I will check that out. In future builds I have added showcase suite so there is one step taskmanager access. I do not run manila so I rely on feedback like this to know what does and does not work. I added it (and its dependencies) as an afterthought, I have done NOTHING to it besides change clock and icons, oh and CFC it
Old 10-14-2009, 09:45 AM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

oh well then asking if the manila is updating your weather or giving you a connection error as well wouldn't work to well.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:50 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0mbiexx View Post
oh well then asking if the manila is updating your weather or giving you a connection error as well wouldn't work to well.
does that not work either?

i am flashing the manila rom onto my working phone right now... I guess tofay will be manila day

Last edited by raidzero; 10-14-2009 at 09:53 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development