PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2010, 08:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: CT

eye_omega is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [DISCONTINUED]01-13[KITCHEN]6.5 NK-23518-TF2.1/2.5 & Titanium [UC/Sashimi]

hi rz,
the startup animation did not work.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

RZ, your final kitchen cooks both titanium and manila even though I specify manila when the kitchen starts running. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to keep titanium from cooking in?
Old 01-25-2010, 08:48 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
RZ, your final kitchen cooks both titanium and manila even though I specify manila when the kitchen starts running. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to keep titanium from cooking in?
my bad, I forgot to add the lines to skip chome, commonnonea, bronze, and bronzenonea from SYS. to do this I add a blank file called _only_titanium and _only_both to those SYS folders. you an simply delete those folders if you never ever want titanium again, or just add those files to them, so that they are only included in the ROM when you specify either titanium or both for the build type
Old 01-25-2010, 08:50 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye_omega View Post
hi rz,
the startup animation did not work.
I know, I have never included it. I do not know how either, but it is probably easy to figure out. I would personally just look at one of scrosler's SSK kitchens, he used to have a bunch of splash screens and startup animations to choose from.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:50 AM
VIP Member

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
my bad, I forgot to add the lines to skip chome, commonnonea, bronze, and bronzenonea from SYS. to do this I add a blank file called _only_titanium and _only_both to those SYS folders. you an simply delete those folders if you never ever want titanium again, or just add those files to them, so that they are only included in the ROM when you specify either titanium or both for the build type
Perfect! Thanks
Old 01-25-2010, 01:43 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Perfect! Thanks
no problem
Old 01-26-2010, 09:08 AM
VIP Member

Anyone still using this kitchen? I've thought about switching kitchens, but I love this kitchen. I know since Raid moved on this thread has dwindled. Lucky for us/me he still checks in pretty often. I was just curious who all was still running this kitchen so I don't feel so alone in my efforts. I still have so much to learn and it's hard for people who are not familiar w/this kitchen to answer some of my cooking questions.

And... Anyone know where I can get Sense 2.5.1.1922 files? I have searched, but I haven't found anything but a reference to chinese websites a place to get them. They didn't post a link or anything. Are they not widely available yet? I see lots of mods that say they are made for 1922. I know a few ROMs are already using it.

Last edited by Sharkie405; 01-26-2010 at 09:23 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:45 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Anyone still using this kitchen? I've thought about switching kitchens, but I love this kitchen. I know since Raid moved on this thread has dwindled. Lucky for us/me he still checks in pretty often. I was just curious who all was still running this kitchen so I don't feel so alone in my efforts. I still have so much to learn and it's hard for people who are not familiar w/this kitchen to answer some of my cooking questions.

And... Anyone know where I can get Sense 2.5.1.1922 files? I have searched, but I haven't found anything but a reference to chinese websites a place to get them. They didn't post a link or anything. Are they not widely available yet? I see lots of mods that say they are made for 1922. I know a few ROMs are already using it.
AFAIK 2.5.1922 has not been ported to VGA, then again I have been out of the VGA game for a while, though since I still only have 1 TP2, I have not been madly developing for it as I do with the TP, so I have been messing around and making a BARE BONES tp rom, its just over 40megs lol. It was easy to get it down so small, the hard part is making cabs to add back all the functionality I removed.. I will have another TP2 on Feb 22nd (was able to cancel my personal contract with NO ETF - details here: http://www.phonenews.com/sprint-phon...smoothly-9864/ , which means my personal TP2 (that I gave to my wife) will be mine again and development can *really* begin so then you might expect me to not be in this thread that often. hope to see you over on the other side soon!
Old 01-26-2010, 12:44 PM
VIP Member

Aight, well while you're still here for this last little bit... How do I make another theme the default like Calk's is the default? I've just been replacing that folder's .Tsk and PNGs files, but I'd like to use something else totally. I've taken the Calks_Flamerise folder completely out and put in other themes, but my theme doesn't boot as the default and the phone doesn't boot up properly. I'm assuming because something somewhere is looking for Calks_Flamerise to load. How do I make it look for my theme to load?

Also, a lot of the knowledge that I gain from using this kitchen and ROM cooking in general can be/will be used if and when I transition to my next WM Phone right?

Last edited by Sharkie405; 01-26-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:52 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Aight, well while you're still here for this last little bit... How do I make another theme the default like Calk's is the default? I've just been replacing that folder's .Tsk and PNGs files, but I'd like to use something else totally. I've taken the Calks_Flamerise folder completely out and put in other themes, but my theme doesn't boot as the default and the phone doesn't boot up properly. I'm assuming because something somewhere is looking for Calks_Flamerise to load. How do I make it look for my theme to load?

Also, a lot of the knowledge that I gain from using this kitchen and ROM cooking in general can be/will be used if and when I transition to my next WM Phone right?
the tsk is set it baseline.txt in EXT\Baseline\06_tweaks\RZ_Baseline\files, which is run by runcc's runcc.lua script in the runcc EXT.

and yes, absolutely it will be useful when transitioning to another device. if/when you get a TP2 it may be best to unlearn a lot of stuff about which packages are necessary to boot the phone, a lot of things that were previously happily hiding in oemdrivers are now in their own packages, so you may not recognize them and remove them.

the only real challenges with porting a rom to another device is:

device drivers (for example the bluetooth in the sys for TP is completely unused in tp2 since its bluetooth stack is in oemdrivers)

screen resolution

that is all I can think of, once you get it going it is exactly the same as tweaking any other rom/kitchen, the tp2 is just a bit different because of it's package layout when dumped, and its BT stack..

though take what I say with a grain of salt, because I am still very much a (rhodium/general) noob chef
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development