PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 12:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [DISCONTINUED]01-13[KITCHEN]6.5 NK-23518-TF2.1/2.5 & Titanium [UC/Sashimi]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
That is the one I usually use in my kitchen and it works great.
What troubles are you having?
Well, for starters do I need to get rid of Gen.Y_Manila_R1_5 all together and replace it w/the Sense2.1 files or are those simply add on files primarily for the weather clock and the other newer features?

When I try to cook it in either way, manila won't come up. I get the tap here to launch thing, but of course it won't.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:48 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

RA21 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

OK so i tried it out. BUrned and booted ok. There seems to be an issue with the keyboard, when the auto deploy goes to a numerical field, it changes to a numerical keypad and you have no way to switch it back.

I was able to trim it down to about 30mb at boot (i dont know what to remove other than RZ apps and carrier cabs, anythigns else i remove seems to break things) but the memory leak seems to still be active. only texting it went from 30 down to 2mb.

Any suggesstions? Damn vzw!
Old 01-15-2010, 12:50 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Well, for starters do I need to get rid of Gen.Y_Manila_R1_5 all together and replace it w/the Sense2.1 files or are those simply add on files primarily for the weather clock and the other newer features?

When I try to cook it in either way, manila won't come up. I get the tap here to launch thing, but of course it won't.
Take out all other manila packages like Gen Y.

Do you have all the needed packages that go with Manila 2_1_19202517_0_VGA_CFC?
If not it will not run and probably not start.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:51 AM
The Rootinator

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by RA21 View Post
OK so i tried it out. BUrned and booted ok. There seems to be an issue with the keyboard, when the auto deploy goes to a numerical field, it changes to a numerical keypad and you have no way to switch it back.

I was able to trim it down to about 30mb at boot (i dont know what to remove other than RZ apps and carrier cabs, anythigns else i remove seems to break things) but the memory leak seems to still be active. only texting it went from 30 down to 2mb.

Does it do that on all the roms you test?
Are you cooking 2.1 or 2.5?
Old 01-15-2010, 12:55 AM
VIP Member

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Take out all other manila packages like Gen Y.

Do you have all the needed packages that go with Manila 2_1_19202517_0_VGA_CFC?
If not it will not run and probably not start.
I believe I have all the packages, but I'm probably mistaken. I will double check that...
Old 01-15-2010, 01:07 AM
The Rootinator

Quote:
I believe I have all the packages, but I'm probably mistaken. I will double check that...
Let me know if you need anything.
Probably included everything when you downloaded it though.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:43 AM
VIP Member

Aight, I got it up and running. Now I just have to figure out the particulars of cooking in Sense2.1 tweaks/mods. That's shouldn't be too difficult. As always Root, thanks again.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:51 AM
The Rootinator

Quote:
Aight, I got it up and running. Now I just have to figure out the particulars of cooking in Sense2.1 tweaks/mods. That's shouldn't be too difficult. As always Root, thanks again.
No problem my friend.
Glad you got it going.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

RA21 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Originally Posted by RA21

Does it do that on all the roms you test?
Are you cooking 2.1 or 2.5?

It hasnt done it on any other ROMS nor any of RZ's when using titanium. It only seems to be an issue with 2.5

I copied finger keyboard from 28011 over to fix the strange touch keyboard issue. Is there anyway to uninstall SIP's once the phone is up and running?

Being new to cooking, I only removed apps in the rz apps folder (stuff like facebook and mp3trimmer etc) the carrier file (not on sprint) the rhodium dialer (free up a little more ram) and thats about all that I know how.

I dont need the manilla twitter or stock functions, but I do not know how to remove them without keeping the ROM operational.

Whenever i run out of ram, the gwes.exe process seems really inflated and hogging.

Are there any other running processes that can be trimed out at cooking process to free up even more? I pretty much only take pics/video/and text/ music, youtube, browse teh web a little, and i do like teh weather tab. other than that no facebook no twitter no stocks, no footprints, none of that stuff.

EDIT:Also for some reason I cant figure it out, if someone sends me a video via mms, it does not play and comes through as a jpg. I tried to send myself one and it was listed as a 3g2 file in contents but it wouldnt play either. I then sent the same video to email and checked email on the phone and it played fine that route, so it seems to be an mms issue.

Any ideas on that?

Last edited by RA21; 01-16-2010 at 04:30 AM.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:48 AM
VIP Member

Anyone ever had a problem w/Opera opening up upon first boot and then randomly thereafter?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development