View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 01:52 PM
raidzero
N00b
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: [DISCONTINUED]01-13[KITCHEN]6.5 NK-23518-TF2.1/2.5 & Titanium [UC/Sashimi]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Aight, well while you're still here for this last little bit... How do I make another theme the default like Calk's is the default? I've just been replacing that folder's .Tsk and PNGs files, but I'd like to use something else totally. I've taken the Calks_Flamerise folder completely out and put in other themes, but my theme doesn't boot as the default and the phone doesn't boot up properly. I'm assuming because something somewhere is looking for Calks_Flamerise to load. How do I make it look for my theme to load?

Also, a lot of the knowledge that I gain from using this kitchen and ROM cooking in general can be/will be used if and when I transition to my next WM Phone right?
the tsk is set it baseline.txt in EXT\Baseline\06_tweaks\RZ_Baseline\files, which is run by runcc's runcc.lua script in the runcc EXT.

and yes, absolutely it will be useful when transitioning to another device. if/when you get a TP2 it may be best to unlearn a lot of stuff about which packages are necessary to boot the phone, a lot of things that were previously happily hiding in oemdrivers are now in their own packages, so you may not recognize them and remove them.

the only real challenges with porting a rom to another device is:

device drivers (for example the bluetooth in the sys for TP is completely unused in tp2 since its bluetooth stack is in oemdrivers)

screen resolution

that is all I can think of, once you get it going it is exactly the same as tweaking any other rom/kitchen, the tp2 is just a bit different because of it's package layout when dumped, and its BT stack..

though take what I say with a grain of salt, because I am still very much a (rhodium/general) noob chef