PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2009, 11:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Always Updating][KITCHEN]6.5 NK-23509/28004-TF2.1/2.5 & Titanium [UC/Sashimi]

RZ, it seems that M9 editor only works error free when I use the M9 editor in any given kitchen w/the manila files from that kitchen. Is that your or anyone else's experience as well? I'd like to move it to the desktop for easy access, but it doesn't seem to work properly when I do.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: [Always Updating][KITCHEN]6.5 NK-23509/28004-TF2.1/2.5 & Titanium [UC/Sashimi]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
RZ, it seems that M9 editor only works error free when I use the M9 editor in any given kitchen w/the manila files from that kitchen. Is that your or anyone else's experience as well? I'd like to move it to the desktop for easy access, but it doesn't seem to work properly when I do.
download m9editor from xda

then you will have all its dependencies

edit: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=464984

Last edited by raidzero; 12-23-2009 at 12:15 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 (CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint

auTONYmous is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
Yes, I leave no spaces in my kitchen path itself, but in EXT packages it seems to have no problems.
This solves probably 60% of problems with PRB kitchens that seem to always throw errors not matter WHAT you do.

It's the path leading up to the kitchen root. The scripts that run executables under /<kitchen root>/Tools and /<kitchen root>/MyTools are what are affected by path spaces. These are built around DOS/command prompt scripting, and must have paths explicitly enclosed in quotes or using 8.3 path calls to work properly.

The actual executables themselves then use their own built-in APIs and Windows calls for paths below /<kitchen root>, most of which can handle paths with spaces and special chars. Nine times out of ten, they assume "/." to parse to "/<kitchen root>/%current directory%" and use the correct paths for deeper than that. That's why PRB, Ervius VK, and the others work properly with spaced paths below "/<kitchen root>".

As a matter of fact, "/<kitchen root>" itself can actually have spaces in it and still work properly, provided the batch scripts know about it.

(I do the same thing as Sharkie, where I name my kitchens with spaces and the kitchen date stamp. Calk's 4.x kitchen batch scripts properly handle this in most cases. First thing I do with anybody's kitchen is modify the batch scripts to my liking, but there's some info for those who are scratching their heads.)

PS...LOL my Linux is showing...backslash\forward slash...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:08 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by auTONYmous View Post
This solves probably 60% of problems with PRB kitchens that seem to always throw errors not matter WHAT you do.

It's the path leading up to the kitchen root. The scripts that run executables under /<kitchen root>/Tools and /<kitchen root>/MyTools are what are affected by path spaces. These are built around DOS/command prompt scripting, and must have paths explicitly enclosed in quotes or using 8.3 path calls to work properly.

The actual executables themselves then use their own built-in APIs and Windows calls for paths below /<kitchen root>, most of which can handle paths with spaces and special chars. Nine times out of ten, they assume "/." to parse to "/<kitchen root>/%current directory%" and use the correct paths for deeper than that. That's why PRB, Ervius VK, and the others work properly with spaced paths below "/<kitchen root>".

As a matter of fact, "/<kitchen root>" itself can actually have spaces in it and still work properly, provided the batch scripts know about it.

(I do the same thing as Sharkie, where I name my kitchens with spaces and the kitchen date stamp. Calk's 4.x kitchen batch scripts properly handle this in most cases. First thing I do with anybody's kitchen is modify the batch scripts to my liking, but there's some info for those who are scratching their heads.)

PS...LOL my Linux is showing...backslash\forward slash...
autonymous, you are a great ally. Thanks for this info. first you come in and completely fix my broken scripts and now this. If you have noticed, I changed my kitchen scripts to always use absolute paths, helps a bit. glad to know you are into linux, maybe you can help me compile heimdal and samba on AIX and get it to authenticate users against AD ? lol
Old 12-23-2009, 03:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ADR6300
Carrier: Big Red

vernox701 is keeping up the good workvernox701 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by RA21 View Post
raid can you recommend a 28014 that is working on vzw?
I don't know what kitchens you have used but I think you need to take out The FWDUPDATE that was causing the biggest problem for me. Some how that conflicts with the carrier app. Save yourself some trouble stick with 28011
Old 12-23-2009, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Just my opinion tf3d was dead just what 2 1/2 months ago then Gen-y manilla now 2.1/2.5 now I feel like my TP is worth the $200 I paid for back in March I haven't even loaded Titanium since probably Veterans day. now I only flash two maybe three times a week Thanks Raidzero for the hard work
Old 12-23-2009, 09:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm627 View Post
Which manilla version is this one and do you mind sharing taskbar icons(battery, network....)
Old 12-24-2009, 01:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

RA21 is a n00b

tried 28011 again and for SOME reason...the 5th time, lol, the camera settings showed up.

The only issue I have is the device configuration error 1012 thingy i get when i try to access the web on occasion. I just cancel it and it continues as normal. Annoying though.

Best ROM out there...
Old 12-24-2009, 10:49 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RA21 View Post
tried 28011 again and for SOME reason...the 5th time, lol, the camera settings showed up.

The only issue I have is the device configuration error 1012 thingy i get when i try to access the web on occasion. I just cancel it and it continues as normal. Annoying though.

Best ROM out there...
if you cook in the kitchen the camera settings should always be there... about that error, I think it relates to the sprint carrier package in the kitchen by default, replace it with a VZW one and you might find it goes away?
Old 12-24-2009, 11:11 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

SonorityGenius is just getting started

Hey Rz, for those that cant create it via kitchen.. how about one last revision of a ROM with the latest and greatest?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development