View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 01:08 PM
raidzero
N00b
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: [Always Updating][KITCHEN]6.5 NK-23509/28004-TF2.1/2.5 & Titanium [UC/Sashimi]

Quote:
Originally Posted by auTONYmous View Post
This solves probably 60% of problems with PRB kitchens that seem to always throw errors not matter WHAT you do.

It's the path leading up to the kitchen root. The scripts that run executables under /<kitchen root>/Tools and /<kitchen root>/MyTools are what are affected by path spaces. These are built around DOS/command prompt scripting, and must have paths explicitly enclosed in quotes or using 8.3 path calls to work properly.

The actual executables themselves then use their own built-in APIs and Windows calls for paths below /<kitchen root>, most of which can handle paths with spaces and special chars. Nine times out of ten, they assume "/." to parse to "/<kitchen root>/%current directory%" and use the correct paths for deeper than that. That's why PRB, Ervius VK, and the others work properly with spaced paths below "/<kitchen root>".

As a matter of fact, "/<kitchen root>" itself can actually have spaces in it and still work properly, provided the batch scripts know about it.

(I do the same thing as Sharkie, where I name my kitchens with spaces and the kitchen date stamp. Calk's 4.x kitchen batch scripts properly handle this in most cases. First thing I do with anybody's kitchen is modify the batch scripts to my liking, but there's some info for those who are scratching their heads.)

PS...LOL my Linux is showing...backslash\forward slash...
autonymous, you are a great ally. Thanks for this info. first you come in and completely fix my broken scripts and now this. If you have noticed, I changed my kitchen scripts to always use absolute paths, helps a bit. glad to know you are into linux, maybe you can help me compile heimdal and samba on AIX and get it to authenticate users against AD ? lol