PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 10:40 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: US Cellular

Deadpool14 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

It sounds like you are ahving a similar issue to everyone in this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92926
information about a solution to the problem is in this post:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=113
Old 11-03-2009, 10:42 AM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by javulticat View Post
I'm not sure if my problem is isolated to EnergyROM, but maybe someone else here had the same problem and knows how to fix it:

Ever since Daylight Savings Time (DST) began on Sunday, my Touch Pro decided to re-timestamp all texts I have ever recieved, along with new texts I recieve, 1 hour before they were/are actually recieved. For example, on the 31st of October (before DST), I recieved a text at 6:31PM. Once DST happened, my Touch Pro now labels the text as having arrived at 5:31PM. This morning, November 2nd, I recieved a text at 10:43AM, but my Touch Pro says it arrived at 9:43AM.

What I think is happening is that my Touch Pro is over-compensating somehow for DST. Perhaps the Sprint network is saying "okay, it's DST, set those timestamps back an hour." and then the Touch Pro itself is saying the same thing, so the timestamps get set back an hour too far.

I flashed to a more recent version of the ROM, but that didn't help.

Anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it? The closest thing I've come to a fix is setting my timezone to a timezone an hour ahead of where I really am, and then changing the clock back an hour. However, this isn't ideal as it screws up other things (for example, PockeTwit says tweets occured "-35 minutes ago").
Mine seems to be working fine, and I don't recall now if I installed it, but Microsoft has a DST patch for windows mobile that may help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashire View Post
Actually the fix by winmonewbie for showcase put it back at the top. But it broke long hold start button. Trying to figure out how to do that now
Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead428 View Post
I told myself I wasn't going to flash another EnergyRom until 2.5 came out for VGA. This is the best news I've seen in a while! Thanks for bringing it to the thread's attention. I'm just not sure how I feel about these new builds that have the start menu at the bottom and no task manager thing at the top. I could use raphkbconfig to access task manager tho if I really needed to. How does the bottom start menu work out for those of you running the newest build?
OK, showcase was bugging me. So when I went home I was going to mess with how to map it to a key, then realized I was over thinking the problem. START-SETTINGS-PERSONAL-Buttons long press of the Send key brings up Showcase now instead of the Taskmanager. While this may take a minute to get used to, it works and keeps in line with everything being more finger-friendly and thumb accessible.

I'm left with where to map Voice Command now...but I don't use that feature as often, so I'm less concerned.

Anyway, that's a quickie soft work around for now.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Slartibartfast is a n00b

Hey. Has anyone else had a problem with letters not being capitalized when using 'shift' button?
Old 11-03-2009, 11:00 AM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slartibartfast View Post
Hey. Has anyone else had a problem with letters not being capitalized when using 'shift' button?
Yea, search the thread for the EZInput cab. Replacing the softkeyboard fixes the issues with the hard. Instructions and links are also in the PDF version of the Guide in my sig.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:01 AM
N00b

Slartibartfast is a n00b

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
Yea, search the thread for the EZInput cab. Replacing the softkeyboard fixes the issues with the hard. Instructions and links are also in the PDF version of the Guide in my sig.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:12 AM
N00b

rashire is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to rashire

Quote:
OK, showcase was bugging me. So when I went home I was going to mess with how to map it to a key, then realized I was over thinking the problem. START-SETTINGS-PERSONAL-Buttons long press of the Send key brings up Showcase now instead of the Taskmanager. While this may take a minute to get used to, it works and keeps in line with everything being more finger-friendly and thumb accessible.

I'm left with where to map Voice Command now...but I don't use that feature as often, so I'm less concerned.

Good point, I didn't really make use of taskmanager to begin with. Plus it's not so commonly used for me at least to need a shortcut.

Also I still have a issue with my device freezeing if I end calls while on external power. I posted this before and was suggested the showcase fix which I applied, the issue has persisted.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farnz View Post
I absolutely love the rom and actually used your rom back in June as well. Unfortunately, I had to return to a stock rom because there is something broken with the GPS and Alltel. If I am in my local market, Sarasota, FL - Naples,FL, my GPS will not work. I've tried a Verizon radio and the new Sprint radio, but it still doesn't work. It's almost as if the signal is limited when running the test. I can never get the signal bars past the first line when using ChartCross Gps Test Tool. If I get around the St. Pete - Tampa area, everything works fine. I'm using Alltel Nav because regardless of what ever trick I try, the GPS only works when I have that program up and running. Last night, I flashed back to the Alltel Rom and had a gps lock in less than 5 seconds. I flashed back the energy rom, and same thing, no GPS signal. There has to be a setting somewhere to change this correct? I'd love to keep the rom but I need to have my GPS too. Any suggestions?
i am using sssame rom and radio and also experiencing your issues exactly.
it is not soft-resetting like another time
i tried, but I can duplicate gps inactivity by going in and out of airplane mode, or just turning off radio and putting back on.

soo
try opening com port in the htc gpstool.
if thaat dont work, try my cab link one page back.
still testing, no difinitive solution yet.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:24 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashire View Post
Good point, I didn't really make use of taskmanager to begin with. Plus it's not so commonly used for me at least to need a shortcut.

Also I still have a issue with my device freezeing if I end calls while on external power. I posted this before and was suggested the showcase fix which I applied, the issue has persisted.
...hmmm, that's a new one. Just when you end calls, and only on external power? I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the ActiveSync option of "allowing data connections when connected via USB"?

Is it when connected to a PC or the wall charger? Or both?

This may be re-flash worthy. ...unless others experienced this.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

peacock93 is keeping up the good workpeacock93 is keeping up the good work

Quote:

Threefaces,

I believe that the reason for going to Showcase 1.0.1 was because Sprint/Arcsoft messaging was conflicting with Showcase 1.1.0 some how. I have never had a single lockup when using sMMS for my picture mail along with Showcase 1.1.0. Since you're on Sprint you should try out sMMS. You will need to removed Sprint Picture mail and not install Arcsoft MMS. He does want a small donation to get the full version but it is great. It intercepts the Picture Mail message so you can download it directly to sMMS.

Here is a link to his thread > http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=22509

pea****93
Old 11-03-2009, 12:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Assuming your right soft key still points to "Contacts", you should be able to do this.

Press the soft key for Contacts. It will bring up the old windows contacts view. Search for or scroll to the contact of choice. Use the right and left direction on the rocker to scroll through their various phone numbers [home, work, etc]...press the phone key [on the rocker].

The only tricky thing, or maybe it's a benefit, is that the scroll wheel can make hitting "left" and "right" tricky.

...but that's exactly what you want to do, isn't it?
Yesssss...... Thanks !

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro