View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 10:42 AM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by javulticat View Post
I'm not sure if my problem is isolated to EnergyROM, but maybe someone else here had the same problem and knows how to fix it:

Ever since Daylight Savings Time (DST) began on Sunday, my Touch Pro decided to re-timestamp all texts I have ever recieved, along with new texts I recieve, 1 hour before they were/are actually recieved. For example, on the 31st of October (before DST), I recieved a text at 6:31PM. Once DST happened, my Touch Pro now labels the text as having arrived at 5:31PM. This morning, November 2nd, I recieved a text at 10:43AM, but my Touch Pro says it arrived at 9:43AM.

What I think is happening is that my Touch Pro is over-compensating somehow for DST. Perhaps the Sprint network is saying "okay, it's DST, set those timestamps back an hour." and then the Touch Pro itself is saying the same thing, so the timestamps get set back an hour too far.

I flashed to a more recent version of the ROM, but that didn't help.

Anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it? The closest thing I've come to a fix is setting my timezone to a timezone an hour ahead of where I really am, and then changing the clock back an hour. However, this isn't ideal as it screws up other things (for example, PockeTwit says tweets occured "-35 minutes ago").
Mine seems to be working fine, and I don't recall now if I installed it, but Microsoft has a DST patch for windows mobile that may help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashire View Post
Actually the fix by winmonewbie for showcase put it back at the top. But it broke long hold start button. Trying to figure out how to do that now
Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead428 View Post
I told myself I wasn't going to flash another EnergyRom until 2.5 came out for VGA. This is the best news I've seen in a while! Thanks for bringing it to the thread's attention. I'm just not sure how I feel about these new builds that have the start menu at the bottom and no task manager thing at the top. I could use raphkbconfig to access task manager tho if I really needed to. How does the bottom start menu work out for those of you running the newest build?
OK, showcase was bugging me. So when I went home I was going to mess with how to map it to a key, then realized I was over thinking the problem. START-SETTINGS-PERSONAL-Buttons long press of the Send key brings up Showcase now instead of the Taskmanager. While this may take a minute to get used to, it works and keeps in line with everything being more finger-friendly and thumb accessible.

I'm left with where to map Voice Command now...but I don't use that feature as often, so I'm less concerned.

Anyway, that's a quickie soft work around for now.