PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 12:54 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pea****93 View Post
Threefaces,

I believe that the reason for going to Showcase 1.0.1 was because Sprint/Arcsoft messaging was conflicting with Showcase 1.1.0 some how. I have never had a single lockup when using sMMS for my picture mail along with Showcase 1.1.0. Since you're on Sprint you should try out sMMS. You will need to removed Sprint Picture mail and not install Arcsoft MMS. He does want a small donation to get the full version but it is great. It intercepts the Picture Mail message so you can download it directly to sMMS.

Here is a link to his thread > http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=22509

pea****93
Yea...I'm not a huge Picture Mail dude, but this does look a lot like Arcsoft...although, I can't really tell how well it integrates with TouchFlo and threaded messaging. I'm trying to figure out what benefit, aside from being able to use Showcase 1.1, this would provide.

To me, reverting to the older version of Showcase was a decent option...the only real functionality lost was the ability to pop open the program by tap/holding the Start button [which is kinda cool]. I imagine this conflict/freeze issue will be addressed, but only time will tell...fix one thing, break another.

Definitely a cool alternative option. I'm going to read more into it....thanks for the recommendation!

rocka!
Old 11-03-2009, 01:06 PM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

So.. yall ready for some Manila 2.5 love on the Herman or what ?!

If you liked what I cooked up for you and want to leave me a tip with Paypal > USD / EUR
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

djdafreund is keeping up the good workdjdafreund is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, CAN'T WAIT!!!!! I'm more looking forward to some lovin' on the Touch Pro though. Thanks. Seriously though, that will be awesome. I'm sick of my best friend bragging and showing off his Touch Pro 2 with it cooked in.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:13 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
...bring it, dude.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:22 PM
N00b

rashire is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to rashire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
...hmmm, that's a new one. Just when you end calls, and only on external power? I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the ActiveSync option of "allowing data connections when connected via USB"?

Is it when connected to a PC or the wall charger? Or both?

This may be re-flash worthy. ...unless others experienced this.

I need to do a flash dance at some point, it could very well be the reason. But the issue is while connected to a wall charger. The phone functions perfectly till I end the call. (I always end calls with the hardware end button) The device then hang on the dialer screen with the call still shown as connected and doesn't respond to touch, hardware keys, the power button, or the keyboard sliding. A soft reset is needed to restore functionality.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:27 PM
ThreeFaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashire View Post
I need to do a flash dance at some point, it could very well be the reason. But the issue is while connected to a wall charger. The phone functions perfectly till I end the call. (I always end calls with the hardware end button) The device then hang on the dialer screen with the call still shown as connected and doesn't respond to touch, hardware keys, the power button, or the keyboard sliding. A soft reset is needed to restore functionality.
The flash dance can take some time, and I usually recommend that for random freezing/lock ups. Start with the easiest thing first...just reflash. Right off the customizations, check the phone functionality. If you're still experiencing the issue, then do the Flash Dance to stock and back.

...and even easier still, a quick change of your radio might be a trouble shooting step and you won't need to hard reset.

So, radio...then reflash...then flash dance. Hope some of that helps.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

peacock93 is keeping up the good workpeacock93 is keeping up the good work
Thumbs up Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
Bring it NRGZ28!!!!! I can't wait to try it. Still loving the 23081 Test ROM! It is working extremely fast without any problems or lockups!! Keep up the outstanding work!!

pea****93
Old 11-03-2009, 01:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stufftkedch knows their stuff

I think it's beyond loving. It's pure dopamine to my brain.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:45 PM
N00b

rashire is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to rashire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
The flash dance can take some time, and I usually recommend that for random freezing/lock ups. Start with the easiest thing first...just reflash. Right off the customizations, check the phone functionality. If you're still experiencing the issue, then do the Flash Dance to stock and back.

...and even easier still, a quick change of your radio might be a trouble shooting step and you won't need to hard reset.

So, radio...then reflash...then flash dance. Hope some of that helps.
Already on newest radio, it's been working great (1.12.34f), The flash itself is only 2 days old with only a small amount of customization. Everything atm runs great except the one issue. I'll re-flash the device and try it with no mods, but I won't have time till tonight(est).
Old 11-03-2009, 01:51 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Farnz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool14 View Post
It sounds like you are ahving a similar issue to everyone in this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92926
information about a solution to the problem is in this post:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=113
Yep, tried all of that. Like I said, this happened back in June with an older version of this Rom so I think there is a setting somewhere preventing the GPS from being at full power within the local area. Outside of my local area, everything works fine.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro